• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden forgets Scott Morrison's name during AUKUS

Biden had a moment here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZd19Tz_Zr0

Not being totally up to date with US politics i winder if he is doing this, or things like this, a lot? I was surprised that Biden took on the job as i wonder about his ability to complete his term.

You don't have to be up to date with US politics to realize that people of all ages forget other people's names.

You only have to be moderately up to date with US politics to know that Biden had a speech impediment as a child, which he overcame to become a politician, and like many who have overcome similar disabilities (like myself, a dyslexic) often have those disabilities rear their ugly heads when we are tired or stressed.

I wouldn't think you would need to know much at all about US politics to know that Biden has been a gaffe machine throughout his entire career as a politician.
There is also the distinction between "gaffe" and "just being plain stupid".

So true. Since we have just broken up with a president who was not only just plain stupid, but also prone to gaffes, while displaying his total narcissism and lack of empathy every time he opened his mouth, I'm not sure why anyone gives a shit that Biden forgot a name. That is, except for the person who had their name forgotten by Biden.

That is, except for the person who had their name forgotten by Biden.
He's getting nuclear submarines. I expect Biden can call him 'What'sname', 'Hey, YOU!' or 'Buttercup' if desired, and he'd be happy with it.

Maybe he should have called him "Dumbo", "Sneaky", "Nasty", "Phony", "Little", or any of literally dozens of insulting names for people Trump used when he couldn't remember, or wouldn't use, their real name. That's the way you President these days, don'cha know?

In bid to ease France's issues with US/Aussie deal, Britain agrees to sell France 12 of whatever the hell these things are.

WnYBzVES4viwkmFCEryuWc.jpg

That is, except for the person who had their name forgotten by Biden.
He's getting nuclear submarines. I expect Biden can call him 'What'sname', 'Hey, YOU!' or 'Buttercup' if desired, and he'd be happy with it.

Maybe he should have called him "Dumbo", "Sneaky", "Nasty", "Phony", "Little", or any of literally dozens of insulting names for people Trump used when he couldn't remember, or wouldn't use, their real name. That's the way you President these days, don'cha know?

In all fairness, Trump said he would be the most Presidential President since Lincoln. And didn't Lincoln, at the start of each Lincoln-Douglas debate, refer to his opponent as "that fat tub of shit from Vermont"? Didn't he end his first inaugural address by referring to "...the better angels of our nature, but naturally, in so saying, I omit that fat tub of shit from Vermont"?

I had to look it up:  AUKUS
AUKUS (an acronym of the three signatory nations, pronounced /ˈɔːkəs/, AW-kəs) is a trilateral security pact between Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States, announced on 15 September 2021.[1]

Under the pact, the United States and United Kingdom agree to help Australia to develop and deploy nuclear-powered submarines, adding to the Western military presence in the Pacific region.[2] Although the joint announcement by Australian prime minister Scott Morrison, British prime minister Boris Johnson and US president Joe Biden did not mention any other country by name, anonymous White House sources have alleged it is designed to counter the influence of the People's Republic of China (PRC) in the Indo-Pacific region.[3] However, Johnson later told parliament that the move was not intended to be adversarial toward China.[4]

On 17 September 2021, France which is an ally of the three countries recalled its ambassadors from Australia and the US, with French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian calling the deal a "stab in the back"[5] because it led to the cancellation by Australia of a French–Australian submarine deal worth €56 billion (A$90 billion).[6][7]

The agreement covers key areas such as artificial intelligence, cyber warfare, underwater capabilities, and long-range strike capabilities. It also includes a nuclear component, possibly limited to the United States and the United Kingdom, on nuclear defence infrastructure.[1] The agreement will focus on military capability, separating it from the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance that also includes New Zealand and Canada.[8]

Something like  ANZUS a 70-year-old cooperation agreement between the US, Australia, and New Zealand.

Although the joint announcement... did not mention any other country by name,
Well, there's the problem! Aides must have reminded Joe of the Australian's name less often than they reminded him not to say "China" at any point.

It’s Tim Apple, right?

I have no idea what you are asking.

Just pointing out the potential hypocrisy of criticizing Biden for flubbing someone's name when previous certain Republican Presidents have done the same kind of thing, sometimes even more embarrassingly so (like calling Tim Cook of Apple "Tim Apple"). He's just human, and if forgetting a name in the middle of a conversation is some kind of sign of mental decline then I think we all are doomed.

Scotty from Marketing doesn't deserve to have his name remembered.

It’s Tim Apple, right?

I have no idea what you are asking.

One time Trump referred to Tim Cook (CEO of Apple) as "Tim Apple."

Or when Trump singled out his "African American"

Or when Trump forgot Sgt La David Johnson when offering his condolences to his widow, and then forgot the widow's name in a follow up.

And, as I pointed out, Scott Morrison is pretty fucking forgettable. Not even Sky News is outraged by this.

Also (and I could be wrong about this), I don't recall Tigers being that outraged when Trump did far worse to Malcolm Turnbull. His selectivity when it comes to US news is quite confusing.

Also (and I could be wrong about this), I don't recall Tigers being that outraged when Trump did far worse to Malcolm Turnbull. His selectivity when it comes to US news is quite confusing.
I did not realise that i had to comment the way Patooka wished. My apologies master. :rolleyesa:
But thank you for trying to divine my feelings. I never commented one way or the other about that Trump-Turnball incident. But I was not suprised.
My selectivity to US news will always be confusing to those Australians who think that the USA is the be all to end all.

I was more concerned about whether Biden will be able to complete his term rather than conforming to your prejudices.

I was more concerned about whether Biden will be able to complete his term rather than conforming to your prejudices.
Well, that's just it. He slipped up. Humans do that. And the Right is all over his mistake, here.
And making REALLY disingenuous noises about his mental faculties, when we JUST survived someone who made far worse mistakes.

Biden just landed on Mediterranean Avenue. It looks really suspicious to be loudly concerned about his ability to finish the game when the other player kept landing on Boardwalk and saying he MEANT to.

I did not realise that i had to comment the way Patooka wished. My apologies master. :rolleyesa:

It's ok. I forgive you. Now go make me a coffee.

But thank you for trying to divine my feelings. I never commented one way or the other about that Trump-Turnball incident. But I was not suprised.
My selectivity to US news will always be confusing to those Australians who think that the USA is the be all to end all.

I've stated my reason for watching US politics before. And considering the current makeup of federal ministers, my argument is even more pertinent now than ever before.

And I am always amazed at (despite your assertion to be only casually acquainted with US politics) how much your attitude mirrors FOX news talking points almost exactly.

Weird to me is that I first read of this 'big' gaff here, from someone down under. Of course I only occasionally scan thru alt-reality news...but weird that you (Tigers) found this shocking, but itty bitty, news piece. Either way, we have a fully functional VP named Harris that I'm sure could step in if need be. Besides we survived a clown that was 70 going on 13 for 4 years...

Back
Top Bottom