• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bigoted Doctor Fired

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Ed Brayton's "Dispatches from the Culture Wars" are a gold mine of kookery, and I sometimes find it very entertaining.

Anti-Semitic Doctor Says She’d Give Wrong Meds to Jewish Person | Ed Brayton
noting
Ohio doctor fired by hospital after saying she would give Jews 'the wrong meds' | TheHill
Cleveland.com reported on Sunday that the Cleveland Clinic confirmed that Lara Kollab is no longer working with the organization after having only worked as a supervised resident with the clinic from July to September last year.

According to Times of Israel, Kollab had a history of making anti-Semitic comments on social media for years, dating back to 2011.

Kollab had reportedly called for violence against Jews in several tweets, in which she also referred to Jews as "dogs" and compared Israel to the Nazi regime.

Kollab could also be seen saying she would “purposely give all the yahood the wrong meds,” using the Arabic word for Jews, in a screenshot of a tweet made in 2012 shared by the publication.
That is sick.

Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick.

And good riddance to her.

However nasty some of Israel's policies may be, Israel != Jews. Israel != Jews. israel != Jews.

Ed Brayton's "Dispatches from the Culture Wars" are a gold mine of kookery, and I sometimes find it very entertaining.

noting
Ohio doctor fired by hospital after saying she would give Jews 'the wrong meds' | TheHill
Cleveland.com reported on Sunday that the Cleveland Clinic confirmed that Lara Kollab is no longer working with the organization after having only worked as a supervised resident with the clinic from July to September last year.

According to Times of Israel, Kollab had a history of making anti-Semitic comments on social media for years, dating back to 2011.

Kollab had reportedly called for violence against Jews in several tweets, in which she also referred to Jews as "dogs" and compared Israel to the Nazi regime.

Kollab could also be seen saying she would “purposely give all the yahood the wrong meds,” using the Arabic word for Jews, in a screenshot of a tweet made in 2012 shared by the publication.
That is sick.

However nasty some of Israel's policies may be, Israel != Jews. Israel != Jews. israel != Jews.

Your response was sensible up until the last sentence, which is as absurd as saying "The KKK = whites", "The Nation of Islam = blacks" or "Hizzbulah = muslims".

Many Jews are critical of Israel, and your false equivalence makes the absurd assumption that these Jews are criticizing Jews in general and therefore themselves. Israel is a government and a military controlled by a tiny subset of Jews, and the Judaism of those who control it is neither a neccessary nor sufficient condition for the particular actions they take that they are and should be criticized for.

noting

That is sick.

Your response was sensible up until the last sentence, which is as absurd as saying "The KKK = whites", "The Nation of Islam = blacks" or "Hizzbulah = muslims".

Many Jews are critical of Israel, and your false equivalence makes the absurd assumption that these Jews are criticizing Jews in general and therefore themselves. Israel is a government and a military controlled by a tiny subset of Jews, and the Judaism of those who control it is neither a neccessary nor sufficient condition for the particular actions they take that they are and should be criticized for.

You might want to look at that last statement again. "!=" vs "=". Granted, "!=" may not be universal yet.

That's right. != is how "not equals" is written in some common programming languages.

That's right. != is how "not equals" is written in some common programming languages.

But here we speak English, of all kinds of different sorts, but English, not programspeak, we're not all robots, not yet.

Perhaps IF: Person is unaware of symbolism of !=
- THEN: Maybe they should ask
- ELSE: Comments may look ignorant ;)

But here we speak English, of all kinds of different sorts, but English, not programspeak, we're not all robots, not yet.
I have seen != and /= and =/= used for this on the interwebs, they are certainly older than emojis.

Asking "What does "!=" mean" is a great way to get around that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen != and /= and =/= used for this on the interwebs, they are certainly older than emojis.

Am I the only one old enough to have seen "<>" as well?

Yes saying stuff like that gets you fired.

Decades of brutal oppression and theft has no penalty.

Asking "What does "!=" mean" is a great way to get around that.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one old enough to have seen "<>" as well?

I thought "<>" meant approximately. But I only had a passing acquaintance with mysql so clearly I'm not an expert.

I thought "<>" meant approximately. But I only had a passing acquaintance with mysql so clearly I'm not an expert.
It means "not equal" in SQL and some other languages. C, Java and many others use "!=" and SQL supports that too.
I am not aware of an "approximately equal" operator in computer languages, but in math it's ≈ or ~.

noting

That is sick.

!= mean *not equals*.

Is this now a thread about expressing equal and not equal?

Here we go.

The government of Israel and the policies of the government of Israel do not equal "Jew".

Israel is a nuclear power with all modern weapons and abilities.

Some Jews are deluded fools that actually believe the stories in their magic book.

Many Jews are the best people you will ever meet.

Many Jews see Judaism as a culture not a religion.

Jews are humans.

Modern states are run with institutions and with institutional thinking. They are incredibly dangerous and totally immoral.

Modern states are run with institutions and with institutional thinking. They are incredibly dangerous and totally immoral.

So only pre-modern states like Islamic State/Caliphate, Gaza under Hamas rule or Afghanistan under the Taliban, which are/were run by 7th century Islamic principles are acceptable?

So only pre-modern states like Islamic State/Caliphate, Gaza under Hamas rule or Afghanistan under the Taliban, which are/were run by 7th century Islamic principles are acceptable?

That is an insane reading.

But pre-modern states are far less dangerous and do far less harm in this world.

And they are not run by institutions. They are run by individuals.

When you move into institutional control and institutional thinking the individual is meaningless.

But pre-modern states are far less dangerous and do far less harm in this world.

When you move into institutional control and institutional thinking the individual is meaningless.

Explain what you mean by "institution" in the context you just used.

Explain what you mean by "institution" in the context you just used.

An institution is a group of people working with established rules governing the direction of the institution.

Eisenhower talked of the military industrial complex.

That is a huge institution that controls the behavior of the president and Congress to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom