• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Birtherism 2.0

marc

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, skeptic, nerd
Newsweek published an op-ed by one of Trump's legal advisors questioning Kamala Harris' eligibility, splitting hairs on the difference between 'citizen' and 'natural born citizen'.

Oh, and the author, John Eastman, ran for attorney general of California against Harris, but he lost the primary to another guy.

Newsweek published an op-ed by one of Trump's legal advisors questioning Kamala Harris' eligibility, splitting hairs on the difference between 'citizen' and 'natural born citizen'.

Oh, and the author, John Eastman, ran for attorney general of California against Harris, but he lost the primary to another guy.

Crap. I propose a real simple solution: we should just disallow anyone but white people from running for President. That should satisfy Trump and the assholes around him.

WT's tweets:

John Eastman on Twitter: "Is Kamala Harris eligible for the office of Vice President? Here's my article, published by Newsweek, exploring the issues. Short answer: It depends! https://t.co/A2K08EBUYu" / Twitter

I found:  Birthright citizenship in the United States - the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside".

This has led to  Birth tourism - giving birth to one's children in the US so that they will have US citizenship.

Given where Kamala Harris was born, she is automatically a US citizen, no matter what nations here parents were citizens of at the time.

About Ted Cruz: chris on Twitter: "@opedwriter @DrJohnEastman Well he was here https://t.co/voHIEZUuoj" / Twitter

I found: Donald Trump Goes 'Birther' On Ted Cruz : NPR

What a stupid distraction.

"Pay no attention to what the other hand is doing!"

Trump's mother was an immigrant and Trump's grandfather on his father's side was a German immigrant, but how often does he mention that his mother was an immigrant?

I read this morning that one of the reasons why Biden didn't choose Duckworth as his running mate is because she was born outside the country, sort of like Ted Cruz. Her father was a US citizen so it shouldn't have been a problem, but Biden and his advisors were worried that one crazy judge might disagree and that would cause horrendous problems.

Trump will lie and do whatever nasty racist, sexist blabber that comes out of his ass to try and denigrate Harris.

Trump's mother was an immigrant and Trump's grandfather on his father's side was a German immigrant, but how often does he mention that his mother was an immigrant?

Because his entire political career has hinged on stoking paranoid fears about immigrants, as well dismissing and devaluing the contributions of women to society. He doesn't just not mention his mother in the context of immigration, he doesn't mention her at all if he can help it. All he got from her is his hair, and he prefers it that way. Such a leader. :rolleyes:

Natural born citizen?

Does that mean c-section babies aren't allowed?

Does that mean test tube babies aren't allowed?

Newsweek is such a right-wing rag.

When a reporter asked Trump he said "I just heard that, I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements ... uh, and by the way the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, talented lawyer. I have no idea, that's right, I would have th-, I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for Vice President. But that's a very serious ... you're saying that, you're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

What a profound endorsement of the idea. Surely Trump could not have stated it any more strongly. There is no way someone, upon reading that transcript, could come to any conclusion other than "Hell yeah Trump is absolutely certain that Kamala isn't a natural born citizen."

When a reporter asked Trump he said "I just heard that, I heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements ... uh, and by the way the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, talented lawyer. I have no idea, that's right, I would have th-, I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for Vice President. But that's a very serious ... you're saying that, you're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

What a profound endorsement of the idea. Surely Trump could not have stated it any more strongly. There is no way someone, upon reading that transcript, could come to any conclusion other than "Hell yeah Trump is absolutely certain that Kamala isn't a natural born citizen."

If you haven't realised by now Trump only communicates via innuendo, rumour and implication then you are pretty fucking stupid. I know you are not stupid. So that just leaves me wondering why you are being so disingenuous.

SOP from the "merchants of doubt" crowd. From the OP article, Trump's campaign staff insist that Harris's eligibility is "an open question." Trump defends the opinion piece as being written by a "Highly qualified, talented lawyer" but Trump ... "Doesn't know."

Meanwhile, Harris's eligibility is in no shape or form actually in doubt.

THERE IS NO DOUBT!

So what could possibly explain these statements from Trump and his campaign? :rolleyes:

If you haven't realised by now Trump only communicates via innuendo, rumour and implication then you are pretty fucking stupid. I know you are not stupid. So that just leaves me wondering why you are being so disingenuous.

I find myself wondering about people being disingenuous as well - those who claim that statement is somehow a ringing endorsement of Birtherism 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom