• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Birtherism 2.0

I did not hear the word "if" when I listened. Still, it doesn't significantly change it, it is still the weakest "endorsement" of the Newsweek Conspiracy Theory I've ever heard.

I listened to it a couple of times, and I hear it, but check it out if you like. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics/kamala-harris-donald-trump-campaign-2020/index.html

And yes, I'm not saying he is endorsing it. But he's not interested in getting his base to realize it's false, either (and very probably will be happy to benefit from it)

Instead of insults, why don't you address what I said.

Apparently the important thing is whether or not there exist a position that is too vapid for you. I'm sure Jason has a vapidity meter that can provide a conclusive answer. Meanwhile, the ownership of Newsweek now resting in the hands of a delusional, often RW extremist, self deluded nutbar is not of any importance to the question of its political bent. Nor is Jason's ignorance thereof.

Wow, you seem offended that I said that about Zipr instead of you.

For someone who insists on every i to be dotted and t to be crossed, you're eager as fuck to leap to conclusions, aren't you?

So there is no position too vapid for you.

There was no substance to address. Try adding some if you want a better response.

No substance?

Actually what you say above is now true. Today's Newsweek is not your father's Newsweek.

The magazine was sold recently to a conglomerate with ties to a S. Korean Rev. Moon type who claims to be the son of gawd. Now lots of Breitbart, Daily Wire reporters and editors have been hired on. The magazine since then has taken a decidedly right-wing bent. While the editor, one of the new hires, has apologized for publishing the birtherism, she has not taken down the post.

Your sarcasm was actually accurate.

I can easily display lots of disingenuousness and dishonesty by quoting ZiprHead. His posts are full of those, and little else.

Says the guy who has to plagiarise someone else's post to start his own.

See, there's an example of "disingenuousness and dishonesty".

Started by Rhea

https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?21984-Enacting-Equality&p=819271&viewfull=1#post819271

Enacting Equality

Note: This thread is to discuss how equality can be brought to fruition.

THIS THREAD STIPULATES that racial inequality exists and has manifested in financial inequality, inequality of opportunity, inequality in justice, inequality in health.
If you do not stipulate this as true for the sake of this discussion, then go start your own thread about WHETHER racial inequality exists.

This thread STIPULATES that racial financial inequality exists. That racial opportunity inequality exists.

So for all those who wish to discuss mechanisms of change having stipulated that the inequality exists:

What are some methods and acts that can change inequality to equality? How long do they need to come to fruition? What cost needs to be borne to accomplish these things? I am thinking of things like
  • Improving educaational equality by providing more resources to low-income schools. Property taxes as school funding is inherently unequal and creates/perpetuates inequality.
  • Improving health equality by funding studies into why there are differences in health outcomes, or by funding nutrition education and nutrition availability.

Things like that. Thoughts?

Started by you five days later.

https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?22043-Enacting-Equality&p=820983&viewfull=1#post820983

Enacting Equality

Note: This thread is to discuss how equality can be brought to fruition.

THIS THREAD STIPULATES that political inequality exists and has manifested in financial inequality, inequality of opportunity, inequality in justice, inequality in health, but that politics, not racism, is the primary cause.
If you do not stipulate this as true for the sake of this discussion, then go start your own thread about how racism is the cause of all the problems of the world.

This thread STIPULATES that political inequality exists. That political inequality is the primary inequality. Blaming it primarily on racism is the lazy way out for the intellectually incurious.

So for all those who wish to discuss mechanisms of change having stipulated that political inequality exists:

What are some methods and acts that can change inequality to equality? How long do they need to come to fruition? What cost needs to be borne to accomplish these things? I am thinking of things like
  • Removing barriers to opportunity as embodied in business licensing, a practice that protects established enterprises from up and coming competitors. Some people like to say "oh the janitor can do brain surgery?" as if that were a serious answer, but real examples can be found at this civil liberty website. Those who say "oh the janitor can do brain surgery?" probably did have the janitor do brain surgery.
  • Ending the drug war. If I were asked to name one policy above all others that those in power use to oppress people, while exempting themselves from the consequences of their own actions, I would name this one program. It has some major competitors, but this edges them out by how it leaves basically innocent people with criminal records for the rest of their lives while also establishing an "us vs. them" mentality among the police and empowering ever greater growth of government.

Things like that. Thoughts?

See, there's an example of "disingenuousness and dishonesty".

Started by Rhea

Yes, you are displaying "disingenuousness and dishonesty".

Perhaps you should ask Rhea her opinion on my having started that thread, but that is too honest.

Did you Speak to Rhea before you started the second thread? I bet not. That would have required honesty and courtesy on your part.

With your childish :lalala:, we all see you for what you are.

This has become a huge derail so I will bow out now.

I find myself wondering about people being disingenuous as well - those who claim that statement is somehow a ringing endorsement of Birtherism 2.0.

Well, I can't help you with your ignorance on the whole birther issue so I guess you're just going to have to figure it out on your own.

I know about the original birther issue, but if you think that after reading what Trump actually fucking said and seeing less than an endorsement of this new birtherism is ignorance, there really is now help for you

"I just heard about it today, I don't know" is definitely a far cry from "hell yes she is foreign", for sane people at least.

not a far cry, a slight stutter. "definitely a far cry" and "for sane people" are unthinking cliches

Last edited:

Apparently the important thing is whether or not there exist a position that is too vapid for you. I'm sure Jason has a vapidity meter that can provide a conclusive answer. Meanwhile, the ownership of Newsweek now resting in the hands of a delusional, often RW extremist, self deluded nutbar is not of any importance to the question of its political bent. Nor is Jason's ignorance thereof.

Wow, you seem offended that I said that about Zipr instead of you.

wow, i thought the tone was more of amusement than offense.

I just wanna know if Kamala participates in the child sex trafficking and the child cannibalism that I understand all deep-staters and most Democrats do. I thank Q for that information. Q, the REAL PATRIOT in these perilous times. Also, these child eaters...do they eat them plain? Barbecued? With steak sauce? I would want a couple of sides, just saying. Cole slaw or three bean salad at least. And Sprite Remix.

(Disclaimer for the literal readers: I'm a vegetarian.)

I just wanna know if Kamala participates in the child sex trafficking and the child cannibalism that I understand all deep-staters and most Democrats do. I thank Q for that information. Q, the REAL PATRIOT in these perilous times. Also, these child eaters...do they eat them plain? Barbecued? With steak sauce? I would want a couple of sides, just saying. Cole slaw or three bean salad at least. And Sprite Remix.

Really however you prefer, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.

Obviously she does. Everybody from Africa are canibals.

Really however you prefer, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.

Good suggestions. And of course, everything goes better with Bob Evans Mashed Potaters. Available at your grocer.

Back
Top Bottom