• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Icons Against BLM

another1

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Christian
I'll start with Kevin Gates. He has a decent grip on reality. I'd be happy to learn of more large entertainers (black ones) talking down to the fizzling BLM movement. This is sort of played out 2016 crap but I'm still interested.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80cwUwu028E[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2GDT5VLLkI[/YOUTUBE]

A couple things, given the current advent of YouTube video and production it isn't really a reflection of validity
Has he written anything outlining his beliefs

He writes bars I guess. I don't think Kevin Gates is much of a "writer" in the way you mean. So much of BLM propaganda is just snippets of video. Sorry to say that 80% of the BLM'ers use social media to communicate, and they use video instead of written rants. Sorry for not looking for any of his writings, but I doubt there are many, other than transcripts from interviews and drunken snapchat rants.

Black icons?

What great opinions have these two put forth?

I was wondering the same thing. Gates first album only came out just a little over a year ago. I'd bet even most black people have no idea who he is. Icon?

Allow me to give you some examples of black icons in the entertainment field

Aretha Franklin
Sidney Poitier
Harry Belafonte
Diahann Caroll

IOW, people who have been around for more than 2 minutes, are known all over the world, and have a legacy of work that can stand and have stood the test of time

Now to paraphrase the movie The Color Purple

"Harpo, who this man?"

Aretha Franklin
Sidney Poitier
Harry Belafonte
Diahann Caroll

IOW, people who have been around for more than 2 minutes, are known all over the world, and have a legacy of work that can stand and have stood the test of time

"Harpo, who this man?"

You forgot Paul Mooney

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_YXYbtksk[/YOUTUBE]

Aretha Franklin
Sidney Poitier
Harry Belafonte
Diahann Caroll

"Harpo, who this man?"

Yes thank you but I'm only worried about what people are most affected by. Those artists have great bodies of work, prestige and al that.. but they aren't what people play on their phones while posing gangster in the mirror, training to be a BLM porkchop. The weakest, most easily influenced and dangerous young blacks may not even live long enough to learn who those people are. They don't care who those people are. What they like is hip hop. What they obey is hip hop, because they think it is a reflection of their lives, but they underestimate the glare. Can you give me some hip hop examples?

This is a very bad thread title. How about Hip Hop Icons Speaking Against BLM

There ya go, my bad.

Icon?

I used to think that 'icon' was a term for someone who even my grandmother would remember having heard of. When artists in a style or genre that she did not listen to were still famous enough for her to know who, for example, Aretha Franklin was, that's iconic.

then she died. And I realized that I could describe an 'icon' as someone even my father had heard of.

And now, today, I've realized that I'm the yardstick.

Icon?

I used to think that 'icon' was a term for someone who even my grandmother would remember having heard of. When artists in a style or genre that she did not listen to were still famous enough for her to know who, for example, Aretha Franklin was, that's iconic.

then she died. And I realized that I could describe an 'icon' as someone even my father had heard of.

And now, today, I've realized that I'm the yardstick.

Congratulations on your continued trip up the river that ends in a million foot waterfall leading into a misty white oblivion...And sharp rocks.

This is a very bad thread title. How about Hip Hop Icons Speaking Against BLM

There ya go, my bad.

Not Hip Hop icon either.

Tupac
Biggie
NWA
Public Enemy

Hell, The Sugar Hill Gang

What you have is a rapper with some exposure who said something you felt was impoertant.

Nothing wrong with that. Trying to pass it off as something more than that, makes something wrong with that.

What you have is a rapper with some exposure who said something you felt was impoertant.

Nothing wrong with that. Trying to pass it off as something more than that, makes something wrong with that.

But if they're icons amongst far right racists because they said something which makes them temporarily political useful tools, they're still icons. And they're black.

Therefore, black icons are against BLM and the movement needs to disband and apologize for scaring all the white people.

Aretha Franklin
Sidney Poitier
Harry Belafonte
Diahann Caroll

"Harpo, who this man?"

You forgot Paul Mooney

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_YXYbtksk[/YOUTUBE]

No, I didn't

PM is great. I love Paul Mooney. He makes me laugh, he makes me think, and at some point in time in his stand up, he's gonna make me uncomfortable, and I will have to think even more.

But PM can be something of an inside-baseball treasure. People know him, but ...

PM spent many of his most creative years standing beside his best friend so a lot of people didn't get to see his shine. Not his fault, not his best friend's fault, Some people just burst forth, and his best friend burst forth.

His best friend was Richard Pryor. Pryor is the Icon.

I agree that rapper is not much of an icon.

But I wonder what intellectual icons like Booker T. Washington or WEB DuBois would think of the #BLM movement.
quote-there-is-another-class-of-colored-people-who-make-a-business-of-keeping-the-troubles-the-wrongs-booker-t-washington-354862.jpg

w-e-b-du-bois-quotes-quotesgram-113316.jpg

I doubt they would have too high an opinion of it.
Neither would MLK Jr. or, for all his faults, Malcolm the 10th.

Therefore, black icons are against BLM and the movement needs to disband and apologize for scaring all the white people.
The #BLM movement needs to disband because they are
a) less than useless, i.e. they are actively harmful to race relations
b) glorify thugs like Mike Brown, Freddie Grey, Quanice Hayes etc.
c) racist

But if they're icons amongst far right racists because they said something which makes them temporarily political useful tools, they're still icons. And they're black.

Yep. Kevin Gates is a hip hop icon in the same way that Chainsmokers are pop icons. If he were at icon status, he probably wouldn't be doing an in person interview with a radio station.

The #BLM movement needs to disband because they are
a) less than useless, i.e. they are actively harmful to race relations
b) glorify thugs like Mike Brown, Freddie Grey, Quanice Hayes etc.
c) racist
Thank you for providing evidence to support Tom Sawyer's observation.

Back
Top Bottom