• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Black Jogger Gunned Down In The Street

Fuck those racist jackasses. They should all die in prison.
Arbery died because he went for their gun.
Your insistence that Arbery died because of his own actions, and not the actions of his now-convicted assailants is absurd, and it displays a fundamental ignorance of how most humans behave. When confronted with a threat of grave bodily harm, humans, and many animals, most often react in one of two ways - they try to flee, or they turn to fight and defend themselves. This "fight or flight response" is involuntary - the person may have very little control over how their body responds to a serious threat. In this case, Mr Arbery did both. He initially tried to run away, and when he was finally "cornered like a rat" (in the words of the assailants), he turned around to defend himself. This is normal - this is what humans are instinctively programmed to do. Your assertion that Mr Arbery should have overcome millions of years of evolutionary programming and meekly submitted to his assailants, after being subject to over 5 minutes of vicious, repeated aggravated assaults is absurd, and contradicted by everything we know about how the human body reacts to threats of immediate bodily harm, and the facts of this case.

But lets look at this further. It is impossible to know what the assailants were thinking, but their words speak volumes. "Stop or I will blow your fucking head off", "Fucking n****r" are some of the things we know they said during the course of their assault, or immediately following the assault. And we know that the McMichaels had a long, documented history of being racists, as evidenced by the things they said to their friends and colleagues. Given that they had armed themselves and assaulted Mr Arbery for over 5 minutes with their trucks and their guns, it is reasonable to infer that they were fully prepared to harm or kill him. They were not there to politely detain Mr Arbery until the police arrived (in fact, they weren't even talking to the police/911 for the majority of this encounter), they were there to impose their version of justice, right there on the street, with their trucks and their guns. They were there to hurt or kill Mr Arbery.

You were wrong the first time you made the assertion that Mr Arbery's death was his own fault. You are wrong now, for repeating it. And you will be wrong in the future, when you (likely) continue to repeat this assertion like a parrot, oblivious to the facts.

You said. "Chased" in English either means a particular form of shaping things, or for someone or something to be in pursuit of something else which is moving away from the first party. For you and someone else to be the parties of a "chase" you would be "running away".
I was walking (away) and did not know I was being chased. I was wearing headphones and could not hear. So when the guy with a gun finally stopped me I did not try to run or take his gun.
How is this situation even remotely similar to the murder of Mr Arbery? It is not, and you don't need to be especially smart to recognize that. I think you are saying these incredibly stupid things to provoke a reaction, for the shits and giggles, not because you actually believe in them.

Wrong, he went for the gun because they falsely imprisoned him, endangered his life, demonstrated recklessness and refused to act civilly with him.

If they had said, "Excuse me, sir. We have called the police [which they didn't call the police--wonder why?] and we are making a citizen's arrest to detain you. If you try to flee the scene, we are armed and will shoot, so don't," it would be a different scenario than 3 people chasing him with guns screaming and swearing at him and endangering his life also with the vehicles. But even moreso...

They were not even legally entitled to do that because they were not witnesses to any crime at all. They needed to call police and wait while they could probably legal follow him and wait for police to catch up.

Why wouldn't the criminals treat him civilly and legally...how did they perceive him?

You can tell by the words Travis McMichael uttered over Arbery's shot-up body.
Ahmaud Arbery died because he attacked a man with a gun.
That's an immediate reason for his death.

You said. "Chased" in English either means a particular form of shaping things, or for someone or something to be in pursuit of something else which is moving away from the first party. For you and someone else to be the parties of a "chase" you would be "running away".
I was walking (away) and did not know I was being chased. I was wearing headphones and could not hear. So when the guy with a gun finally stopped me I did not try to run or take his gun.
How is this situation even remotely similar to the murder of Mr Arbery? It is not, and you don't need to be especially smart to recognize that. I think you are saying these incredibly stupid things to provoke a reaction, for the shits and giggles, not because you actually believe in them.
You honestly believe that these 3 idiots would have shot him regardless?
Are you insane?

Are you insane?
No. Not insane. Yes, they were planning on murdering him.

How do you not understand that this is a thing that happens in the US.

You just admitted to getting arrested and deported after 3 months of stupid questioning. Your own government disappears people and is all "oopsie!" about it. And you don't think three assholes would get on with some good old fashioned psychopathy now and again, especially figuring they could get away with it, and would have if not for cell phones...

The gas lights really are getting dimmer...

No. Not insane. Yes, they were planning on murdering him.
So you are insane.

You just admitted to getting arrested and deported after 3 months of stupid questioning
Deported? what deported? there was no deported. Where would they deport me?
I would gladly get deported to US.
I paid 200 rubles fine. It's $3 now. Back then it was probably $5.

Wrong, he went for the gun because they falsely imprisoned him, endangered his life, demonstrated recklessness and refused to act civilly with him.

If they had said, "Excuse me, sir. We have called the police [which they didn't call the police--wonder why?] and we are making a citizen's arrest to detain you. If you try to flee the scene, we are armed and will shoot, so don't," it would be a different scenario than 3 people chasing him with guns screaming and swearing at him and endangering his life also with the vehicles. But even moreso...

They were not even legally entitled to do that because they were not witnesses to any crime at all. They needed to call police and wait while they could probably legal follow him and wait for police to catch up.

Why wouldn't the criminals treat him civilly and legally...how did they perceive him?

You can tell by the words Travis McMichael uttered over Arbery's shot-up body.
Ahmaud Arbery died because he attacked a man with a gun.
That's an immediate reason for his death.
No, the immediate reason is someone chose to shoot him unecessarily multiple times.

No, the immediate reason is someone chose to shoot him unecessarily multiple times.
Yes, because Ahmaud choose to wrestle their gun from them.
Look, prosecutors did a great job and defense did a horrible job and jury was influenced by public opinion.
I find it weird how much of it depends on lawyers and public opinion.

Last edited:
This is not "chased" this is "stalked", "ambushed", "confronted", "assaulted", "approached", or "followed" depending on context and intent of use. Possibly even "chased after" which implies everything of a chase but to say that you merely left, and their approach was after the fact of a normal leaving.
Not according to him, he had to run 500 meters to get to me.
Anyway, that's not the point, the point is that I did not try to get his gun or run away.

His having to run does not make it a chase. Chase implies you were attempting to escape.

And note that he didn't go for the gun until it appeared to be a lynching.

Escape from idiots with a gun--I've had to do that, drunk having fun scaring people.

Are you insane?
In his statement to the police, one of the assailants admitted to trying to run Mr Arbery over with his truck multiple times. Getting run over with a large pickup truck usually has a similar effect to being shot at close range with a shotgun - the person getting run over tends to end up dead, or in the hospital with life-threatening injuries. This was brought up at trial. As I said in an earlier post, while it is impossible to know what the murderers were thinking, reasonable inferences as to their intentions can be drawn from their words and actions. Which part of my argument do you disagree with?

How is your situation even remotely similar to the circumstances of Mr Arbery's murder? Do you understand how the fight or flight response works, that I had explained to you earlier, and why it would drive a person being threatened with immediate and severe bodily harm to either flee, or turn to defend himself?

Do you have a reading and/or learning disability that prevents you from understanding what people are saying to you, and keeps you from responding to their arguments?

Look, prosecutors did a great job and defense did a horrible job and jury was influenced by public opinion.
No, it was a straightforward application of the law as written. There was pretty much no way not to convict for felony murder once it was established that their claim of citizen's arrest was not going to hold up.

No, it was a straightforward application of the law as written. There was pretty much no way not to convict for felony murder once it was established that their claim of citizen's arrest was not going to hold up.
So logic is: They did not claim citizen's arrest therefore it was lynching?
there is nothing in between?

Or a botched kidnapping.

Armed thugs sometimes kidnap people. If anyone dies over the course of their committing the crime or as a result of it, it's felony murder.

Or a botched kidnapping.

Armed thugs sometimes kidnap people. If anyone dies over the course of their committing the crime or as a result of it, it's felony murder.
Again, Arbery knew why they were after him.

Or a botched kidnapping.

Again, Arbery knew why they were after him.
Again, show us where you got ^this^.

Unless you pulled it out of your a$$. We don't need to see that. You've waggled your buttcheeks enough in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom