• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Blink 182 singer now $37 million in debt thanks to nutty beliefs about aliens

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
Text:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/22248806

Video:
[YOUTUBE]dsBR06eDYvk[/YOUTUBE]

So the lead singer of Blink 182 started up a company that was supposed to prove once and for all that the government was hiding information about alien visitation, then use the discovery from that to build a magical alien space ship that would carry everyone to the stars.

For reasons that are no doubt confusing to those behind the project, the project has lost astronomical sums of money. No doubt the government conspiracy that is hiding evidence of alien visitation have somehow found a way to thwart this group of "researchers."

Text:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/22248806

So the lead singer of Blink 182 started up a company that was supposed to prove once and for all that the government was hiding information about alien visitation, then use the discovery from that to build a magical alien space ship that would carry everyone to the stars.

For reasons that are no doubt confusing to those behind the project, the project has lost astronomical sums of money. No doubt the government conspiracy that is hiding evidence of alien visitation have somehow found a way to thwart this group of "researchers."
That is an obvious conclusion. How else could their failure be explained? :eek:

Funny video, thanks. But I had to stop watching and just listened to it because the eye darting kept distracting me.

I am not familiar with their music (or at least don't connect the name to anything I've heard), but to me being in a band called "Blink 182" is a danger sign of wacko in itself.

Moose

So who is nuttier? He, or whoever loaned him $37 million?

Minnemooseus, they have been popular in late 90s early 2000s I think. You probably heard this song if nothing else. It got a lot of airplay back in the day.

Or maybe this one.

Also was on heavy rotation around the turn of millennium.

giphy.gif

Welll......

It's not as though Tom Delonge had a reputation for being sane up until now...

I mean, their willingness to strip down to their guitars for summer beach concerts led to a pleasant if brief revival of that proud tradition down in SoCal, so mad props there. But no one was ever like, wow, that guy seems really balanced and calm.

Travis Barker (drummer of Blink 182) just did the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast and on it they talk about Tom Delonge. The first thing out of Travis's mouth is something like "I'd like to point out that he's no longer in the band" before talking about him. He then goes on to say Travis has always been sincerely obsessed with UFO's and Aliens and them being "out there" among us. Literally something Tom would talk about daily to him or ask him to go hunting UFO's.

It should also be noted that Barker claims he also asked the crew to go Bigfoot hunting with him on a whim and he got people to go out huntin Sqwatches. So the fact that idiots gave him millions of dollars just goes to prove idiots will throw their money at anything.

p.s. - When Delonge was the Joe Rogan's podcast, he was ranting mostly incoherently about how he was about to release a video that would blow everyone's minds showing a US military plane filming a UFO. It was one of the promises the dummies that gave him their money were given. And he kept his word. He released a video showing an unidentified craft from an apparent military plane. Some of his investors were a little choked when they found out his video was release a year previous by someone else online and had been readily available to anyone that knew where to search. They dummies continued pouring in hundreds of thousands of dollars to him. What can you say. Should they be able to sue and get their money back? Not in my opinion. Not if a religious idiot can't sue to get back their tithe and other donations. Fuck it. They're willful idiots.

What can you say. Should they be able to sue and get their money back?
Well, if promises were made that were not filled, they should be able to sue.
The problem with religiot promises is that we won't KNOW they were not fulfilled until we arrive at the hereafter, and we're not assigned the great big mansion we were promised...and paid for. "Whaddaya mean you never heard of me? I demanded a pool with a clear bottom and a view of the Lake of Fire down in Hell!"

When they say 'Can't take it with you,' they mean the receipts, too.

But that would be an interesting lawsuit, the UFO one. I mean, I know if _I_ were held responsible for those promises, say if my uncle was a UFO promoter, and I inherited his estate, my defense would be "Why didn't you realize it was a scam!?!?!" and ask the jury if any sane person should have swallowed these stories. "...that he did know, or should have known, or would reasonably be expected to have known, it was all cocker-booby...."

But the promoter can't really admit in a court that obvious scam should have been obvious.... Limits his line of credit for all future efforts.

What can you say. Should they be able to sue and get their money back?
Well, if promises were made that were not filled, they should be able to sue.
The problem with religiot promises is that we won't KNOW they were not fulfilled until we arrive at the hereafter, and we're not assigned the great big mansion we were promised...and paid for. "Whaddaya mean you never heard of me? I demanded a pool with a clear bottom and a view of the Lake of Fire down in Hell!"

When they say 'Can't take it with you,' they mean the receipts, too.

But that would be an interesting lawsuit, the UFO one. I mean, I know if _I_ were held responsible for those promises, say if my uncle was a UFO promoter, and I inherited his estate, my defense would be "Why didn't you realize it was a scam!?!?!" and ask the jury if any sane person should have swallowed these stories. "...that he did know, or should have known, or would reasonably be expected to have known, it was all cocker-booby...."

But the promoter can't really admit in a court that obvious scam should have been obvious.... Limits his line of credit for all future efforts.

Good points...religions really do have the scam covered much better than the UFO crew. :D

Back
Top Bottom