• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Blowout White Sale at the Corrupt Republicans store

Not best, worst:
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others"

" Let us know when you come up with something better."

The big weakness of democracy is the assumption that the electorate is informed and concerned and active. This was a reasonable assumption back when the electorate consisted almost entirely of wealthy WASP males. That was over 200 years ago and the USA was pretty immoral at the time.
Things have changed since then. For better or worse, the USA isn't the oligarchy it was in the late 18th century.

Not quite.

Tom

So, what else you got?

And the follow up: how is it better?

Au contraire — or is this the same point you make? — the U.S.A. is still largely ruled by wealthy white males (often not Anglo-Saxon or Protestant but that was always an oversimplification).
Bullshit. Just look at Biden's proposed cabinet. White people are underrepresented relative to share of population. And nary a WASP among them as far as I know.

White elites have their way on tax policies, regulatory policies, etc., have great influence on legislation, and hand-design programs like the 2008-2009 bailout for the enrichment of their ilk.

Blacks, Hispanics and Indians can get into universities, med schools etc. with significantly worse grades and scores than whites and Asians. They also get preferential access to government contracts. Talk about legislation that benefits them!

And (partially) disenfranchising the lower class is still one of their techniques to maintain political control.

How are "lower classes" disenfranchised? Be specific.

" Let us know when you come up with something better."

The big weakness of democracy is the assumption that the electorate is informed and concerned and active. This was a reasonable assumption back when the electorate consisted almost entirely of wealthy WASP males. That was over 200 years ago and the USA was pretty immoral at the time.
Things have changed since then. For better or worse, the USA isn't the oligarchy it was in the late 18th century.

Not quite.

Tom

ulekjqzbn05y.jpg
d8840fcc709c25049ae4f850b1bd71b8.jpg

Bullshit. Just look at Biden's proposed cabinet. White people are underrepresented relative to share of population. And nary a WASP among them as far as I know.

Swammerdami: "The USA is still largely ruled by wealthy white males."

Derec: "Not if you look at this specific small group of people, who are not currently ruling anything, and several of whom will likely be blocked from confirmation by a Republican controlled Senate!"

Yeah, sure Derec, it is the white people who are repressed. :rolleyes:

My testimony: I was driving while white last night and was idling in line in the Starbucks take out lane when Starbucks closed. Derec is right, people. And it's systematic. My friend Karen told me that she was in that spot and honked and honked and honked until they made her latte. No latte, no peace.

For the record, personally, I oppose prisons because they don't work. I don't oppose custody, I oppose slave labor and poor conditions, abuse, a lack of compassionate oversight, and a racially motivated drug war targeted at punishment rather than treatment.

This is what it means to "end prisons". It does not mean to cease legal consequences. It doesn't mean that we should just do nothing. It means we should do something that isn't still just fucking slavery.
Sorry, that was more than three words to explain your position.

Why does Jarhyn only get three words?

Jarhyn gets as many words as Jarhyn wants. For anybody that still calls themselves a Republican, hearing anything more than a few words in a row is confusing and fails to convey any message.

So, how about 4 words...
"End Prison for Profit"

Derec said:
Swammerdami said:
Au contraire — or is this the same point you make? — the U.S.A. is still largely ruled by wealthy white males .

Biden's cabinet amounts to about 0.05% of who "rules" the U.S.A.. Also, Biden rules over his cabinet as a wealthy white male.

Congress is 78% white and 77% male (and almost all the non-whites and women are Democrats, The GOP Congress is 90% white males)

80% of Federal judges are white and 73% are male (and those % where even higher among Trumps appointees).

Derec said:
Swammerdami said:
Au contraire — or is this the same point you make? — the U.S.A. is still largely ruled by wealthy white males .

Biden's cabinet amounts to about 0.05% of who "rules" the U.S.A.. Also, Biden rules over his cabinet as a wealthy white male.

Congress is 78% white and 77% male (and almost all the non-whites and women are Democrats, The GOP Congress is 90% white males)

80% of Federal judges are white and 73% are male (and those % where even higher among Trumps appointees).

And the result is still a government vastly over representing "wealthy white male". Or as we were saying in the 00's, "old white dudes".

Like, it's a grave sin worthy of reporting when old white dudes are "underrepresented", but narry a word for the last (ever) about the fact that even now, everywhere else in all other contexts of power "old white dudes" are overrepresented?

That faith of Derec's sure smells like a dirty diaper.

Back
Top Bottom