• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Blowout White Sale at the Corrupt Republicans store

Republicans didn't used to be this corrupt.

I think what happened is this. Their candidates and policies weren't selling any more. Remember 2008? The Democrats could have run Bozo the Clown and beat war hero McCain. Even when he added a great pair of knockers to his ticket. The GOP was going down the tubes, demographically. There just weren't enough conservative voters willing to support stupid wars, fiscal insanity, and disastrous economic and social policies.

So a bunch of billionaires designed, funded, and launched the TeaParty. They took over the Republican brand, energized a bunch of low information voters and hypocritical Christians.
Voila! Trump!

Now those RINOs that used to be Republicans have to attempt to walk back their issues. Having had most of the integrity wrung out of them in the last few years in general, and the last few weeks in particular, it's not looking good for them.
Tom

it's not looking good for them.

Isn't it? 70 million people still voted for Trump and they picked up seats in the House and may retain the Senate. There have been zero consequences for any of the treason or sedition after the election and even if Biden's Justice Department spends four years focusing on nothing else (which they won't), they're still not going to scratch the surface of the corruption and graft and most everyone in the Party is going to get re-elected.

It's tough to say how things aren't looking good for them. They don't even need to bother to hide or dissemble anymore.

it's not looking good for them.

Isn't it? 70 million people still voted for Trump and they picked up seats in the House and may retain the Senate. There have been zero consequences for any of the treason or sedition after the election and even if Biden's Justice Department spends four years focusing on nothing else (which they won't), they're still not going to scratch the surface of the corruption and graft and most everyone in the Party is going to get re-elected.

It's tough to say how things aren't looking good for them. They don't even need to bother to hide or dissemble anymore.

I'm old.
I look beyond the current election cycle.
Tom

These Trump pardons are ridiculous, but I do not understand why you lefties are opposed to them. Doesn't that fit the left wing "abolish prisons" mantra?

26db8ee2-cc2a-4230-9262-54dd0f0665aa.jpeg

Also, not of today's pardons have been of white people. But it's just like you Floof to make it all about race. :banghead:

Republicans didn't used to be this corrupt.
I think what happened is this. Their candidates and policies weren't selling any more. Remember 2008? The Democrats could have run Bozo the Clown and beat war hero McCain.
Very doubtful. Obama was one of the most skilled politicians of his generation.
Trump was a much weaker candidate than McCain and Hillary was much more like unto a Bozo the Clown (maybe she is more forgettable instead, like Eric the Clown) and she still lost.

The GOP was going down the tubes, demographically. There just weren't enough conservative voters willing to support stupid wars, fiscal insanity, and disastrous economic and social policies.

Those are all found on both sides of the aisle.

So a bunch of billionaires designed, funded, and launched the TeaParty. They took over the Republican brand, energized a bunch of low information voters and hypocritical Christians.
Voila! Trump!

There is some truth to that, but only some. Trump appealed to Tea Party Republicans' but also, in 2016, to many independents and blue collar Democrats who felt abandoned by their party.

For the record, personally, I oppose prisons because they don't work. I don't oppose custody, I oppose slave labor and poor conditions, abuse, a lack of compassionate oversight, and a racially motivated drug war targeted at punishment rather than treatment.

This is what it means to "end prisons". It does not mean to cease legal consequences. It doesn't mean that we should just do nothing. It means we should do something that isn't still just fucking slavery.

For the record, personally, I oppose prisons because they don't work. I don't oppose custody, I oppose slave labor and poor conditions, abuse, a lack of compassionate oversight, and a racially motivated drug war targeted at punishment rather than treatment.

This is what it means to "end prisons". It does not mean to cease legal consequences. It doesn't mean that we should just do nothing. It means we should do something that isn't still just fucking slavery.
Sorry, that was more than three words to explain your position.

Also, not of today's pardons have been of white people. But it's just like you Floof to make it all about race. :banghead:

I didn't make it all about race, Einstein. That this level of political criminality is white man's privilege land. It's a side note, but of course you would come and make it about race, forget the rest of the picture.

Why does Jarhyn only get three words?

I didn't make it all about race, Einstein. That this level of political criminality is white man's privilege land. It's a side note, but of course you would come and make it about race, forget the rest of the picture.
Wait.... Derec saw "white sale" and thought YOU meant only white people were getting the pardons?

Man, that is just an effort to be triggered.

i would guess that
Modern political dialogue only counts if it fits on a bumpersticker.
BLM, All lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter,
Eat The Rich, Fuck the Poor, Tax the Churches,
MAGA, Resist!

No one has the attention span for nuance behind the actual discussion!

Short!
Pithy!
Snappy!!

i would guess that
MAGA, Resist!

Short!
Pithy!
Snappy!!

Pretty much this.
Tom

i would guess that
MAGA, Resist!

Short!
Pithy!
Snappy!!

I disagree. People can speak and operate under many different levels of complexity and focus. On one hand, you're capable of writing out paragraph after paragraph of well thought out, luminous commentary, and on the other you're also able to distill it into a tiny blip that can be yelled out to the void of media packed with meaning power of all kinds, inflammatory or virtue signalling, whatever. Then it's a big conversation either way. Nobody thinks or reacts just one way all the time (although trump cultists are pushing the envelope there). Add to that the fact that we all operate in a hive mind mode all the time on some level without being conscious of it, yelling out sound bites looks like more of an adaptation to our tech/info tribe of seven billion than a fault.

i would guess that
MAGA, Resist!

Short!
Pithy!
Snappy!!
TBF, even "to the pain" required some explanation. ;)

Trump pardoned the 4 convicted murderers who worked for the criminal enterprise that is Blackwater. He did not, however, pardon the Blackwater guard who help to convict those murderers by admitting his guilt and testifying against the others. There really is no limit to Trump's vile immorality.

Santa should visit the White House tonight with one of these ..
guillotine-instrument-for-inflicting-capital-punishment-by-decapitation-1096626924-c712b602aff44aff995c41fbbc0aff33.jpg

You put it right in the threat title.

Wait.... Derec saw "white sale" and thought YOU meant only white people were getting the pardons?
That's what she wrote. Unless "white sale" is some obscure expression down her way I am not familiar with.

Man, that is just an effort to be triggered.

I see you still don't know what that word means.

Back
Top Bottom