• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bod McColluch, Darren Wilsons "prosecutor" in the case about Michael Brown.

Its a common caricature that a grizzly bear has its arms raised above its head when its in attack mode. Its not surrendering. It seems that this is what the abominable snowmen type creatures do too. Watch the upcoming Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and that snow beast in The Empire Strikes Back. So maybe this is what Michael Brown was doing.

So now Michael Brown is not only a demon and the Incredible Hulk, but also a grizzly bear, the abominable snow man and the snow beast from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer? Tell me, is he ever to be thought of as a human being and citizen?

You sure this wasn't Trayvon Martin?

Its a common caricature that a grizzly bear has its arms raised above its head when its in attack mode. Its not surrendering. It seems that this is what the abominable snowmen type creatures do too. Watch the upcoming Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and that snow beast in The Empire Strikes Back. So maybe this is what Michael Brown was doing.

So now Michael Brown is not only a demon and the Incredible Hulk, but also a grizzly bear, the abominable snow man and the snow beast from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer? Tell me, is he ever to be thought of as a human being and citizen?

lolno

Magical Negro

Brown is Grendel and Wilson is Beowulf

Lack of evidence is not an excuse, it's a reason.
of course there was no evidence of hands in there air, there was only eye witness testimony.
Very conflicting eyewitness testimony. Or are you one of those who say that all the contradictions in the gospels prove their truthfulness?

16 eye witnesses said Michael Brown had his hands in the air. Only 2 claimed he did not.

Some witnesses say that he charged the officer and forensic evidence (blood found 25' behind Brown) conclusively proves that he moved toward the police officer. That is not an action of a surrendering man.

"Some" equals 3 plus Wilson. Meanwhile seven others specifically stated Michael Brown was surrendering, and 12 others said he had turned around or was walking back but not "charging" - 1 of those witnesses even very specifically said “I didn't get the impression of a charge because it wasn't fast enough to be a charge.”

So, we have 19 saying Michael Brown did NOT charge, and only 3 claiming he did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/ferguson-witnesses/

no, not as contradictory as people are making out, for example the question about if Brown had his hands up is almost unanimously "yes".
Most of those also said that he was fired at while running (proved to be false) or that he was "face down" when shot (also false).
Besides, having your hands up doesn't necessarily mean that you surrender, especially if you are moving toward the officer. Some witnesses say that he charged the officer and forensic evidence (blood found 25' behind Brown) conclusively proves that he moved toward the police officer. That is not an action of a surrendering man.

Actually, moving towards the officer with your hands raised is the exact actions of a surrendering man.

Most of those also said that he was fired at while running (proved to be false) or that he was "face down" when shot (also false).
Besides, having your hands up doesn't necessarily mean that you surrender, especially if you are moving toward the officer. Some witnesses say that he charged the officer and forensic evidence (blood found 25' behind Brown) conclusively proves that he moved toward the police officer. That is not an action of a surrendering man.

Actually, moving towards the officer with your hands raised is the exact actions of a surrendering man.
What is interesting to me here is the level of unrealistic expectations placed on a man who was hit by several bullets and that somehow he would not be experiencing physiological changes affecting his vitals. Focus being on BP. If a brief hypertension episode due to the pain experiencing at the time bullets impact or penetrate, the next physiological change will be hypotension, meaning a drastic drop in BP. Meaning an inevitable change in the flow or circulation of the blood to the brain. Meaning disorientation, dizziness and inability to maintain a stable gait and control range of motion and subsequent overall direction the body will move. I remain skeptical about Wilson's claim that Brown was "charging" him. It is very important to note that what I am placing under scrutiny here is Wilson's choice to aim at Brown's head which could only cause a FATAL wound at a time Brown was already wounded several times and I maintain could not be "charging" towards Wilson.

What is interesting to me here is the level of unrealistic expectations placed on a man who was hit by several bullets and that somehow he would not be experiencing physiological changes affecting his vitals. Focus being on BP. If a brief hypertension episode due to the pain experiencing at the time bullets impact or penetrate, the next physiological change will be hypotension, meaning a drastic drop in BP. Meaning an inevitable change in the flow or circulation of the blood to the brain. Meaning disorientation, dizziness and inability to maintain a stable gait and control range of motion and subsequent overall direction the body will move. I remain skeptical about Wilson's claim that Brown was "charging" him. It is very important to note that what I am placing under scrutiny here is Wilson's choice to aim at Brown's head which could only cause a FATAL wound at a time Brown was already wounded several times and I maintain could not be "charging" towards Wilson.

Ah, but you forget

He is not human

He is the Hulk and everyone knows that the Hulk doesn't stop when he is shot, he just gets madder and stronger and bigger.

like Magic.

It is very important to note that what I am placing under scrutiny here is Wilson's choice to aim at Brown's head which could only cause a FATAL wound at a time Brown was already wounded several times and I maintain could not be "charging" towards Wilson.

He likely was not aiming at Brown's head. He was likely aiming at Brown's body and it was when Brown fell forward that he was hit in the head. If I recall correctly the head wound was an entry wound at the top of his head, which implies he was falling at the time of being hit by that bullet. And to those who would suggest that he was hit in the top of the head because he was charging at Brown's head with his head down I would suggest that they try doing that -- running forward at full speed while bent forward at the waist.

Some witnesses say that he charged the officer and forensic evidence (blood found 25' behind Brown) conclusively proves that he moved toward the police officer. That is not an action of a surrendering man.

"Some" equals 3 plus Wilson. Meanwhile seven others specifically stated Michael Brown was surrendering, and 12 others said he had turned around or was walking back but not "charging" - 1 of those witnesses even very specifically said “I didn't get the impression of a charge because it wasn't fast enough to be a charge.”

I suggest we use a bit of critical thinking here. Don't just take a cherry-picked media summation as gospel. Think for yourself. For example, the witness who supposedly saw the encounter from an apartment porch, who said hands were up and Brown did not charge, later in the same sworn testimony admitted that this testimony was based primarily on assumptions, things heard in the media, and the autopsy report rather than personal observation. Good grief.

Huh, I wonder why Wilson wasn't asked about firing repeatedly while Brown was down, was Brown running away from Wilson when fired upon, was Brown kneeling when fired upon, or if Brown had his hands up when fired upon?

But I guess the prosecutor didn't think asking Wilson those questions was that important.
When I first saw that chart you posted I wondered why those questions for Wilson were marked NA. It looks like the prosecutor asked Wilson questions that exonerated him and didn't seek answers that might have contradicted his story.

two witnesses said he was shot with his hands up.
that is all the prosecutor needed, he doesn't need a plethora of accounts.

Only if he's on a witch hunt.

Many of those witnesses obviously were seriously out of it or lying. If you have a parade of 100 such witnesses who said his hands were up that means nothing.

Furthermore, the important issue is whether Brown was advancing or not. Surrender involves both putting your hands up and stopping.

Well, gunshot blood spatter is typically moving at over 100 feet a second so 25 feet doesn't seem like a big deal.

I noticed you didn't answer the question though.

I can't support your argument here.

I don't know how far blood can fly from a gunshot wound but you can't use it's speed to conclude how far it went unless you're in a vacuum.

- - - Updated - - -

Wilson would still have fired if he was walking. What counts is the range.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you never have to surrender.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very important to note that what I am placing under scrutiny here is Wilson's choice to aim at Brown's head which could only cause a FATAL wound at a time Brown was already wounded several times and I maintain could not be "charging" towards Wilson.

He likely was not aiming at Brown's head. He was likely aiming at Brown's body and it was when Brown fell forward that he was hit in the head. If I recall correctly the head wound was an entry wound at the top of his head, which implies he was falling at the time of being hit by that bullet. And to those who would suggest that he was hit in the top of the head because he was charging at Brown's head with his head down I would suggest that they try doing that -- running forward at full speed while bent forward at the waist.

I do agree the head wound was caused as he fell. That is in no way an indication of misdeeds on Wilson's part--if he goes down he's going to go down faster than a human can make the decision to stop shooting. Thus a round into a falling target is likely.

I do agree the head wound was caused as he fell. That is in no way an indication of misdeeds on Wilson's part--if he goes down he's going to go down faster than a human can make the decision to stop shooting. Thus a round into a falling target is likely.

Yes, it is clear that Wilson was not aiming for the top of Brown's head. He was just firing multiple bullets at a fast enough rate that the bullet strike that caused Brown to fall was followed by another quickly enough to catch his head on the way down.

I can't support your argument here.

I don't know how far blood can fly from a gunshot wound but you can't use it's speed to conclude how far it went unless you're in a vacuum.

You don't have to support my argument, that's ok. I'd just like someone to support the argument that the blood spatter proves Brown actually ran that far away and then came back that far before the fatal shot to his head.

And you're ok with that scenario? An officer gunning down an unarmed man walking towards him?

You don't have to support my argument, that's ok. I'd just like someone to support the argument that the blood spatter proves Brown actually ran that far away and then came back that far before the fatal shot to his head.

And you're ok with that scenario? An officer gunning down an unarmed man walking towards him?

Here is an article that says that the blood spatter will go about a maximum of 4 feet. So the blood 25 feet or so away means that he came came that 25 feet. How long does it take the cover 25 feet running compared to a supposed phased walk back?

http://www.twlk.com/Law/tests/LETN1600008ct.pdf

Back
Top Bottom