• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
atheist
According to a new report that looks at how continuing improvements to artificial intelligence and robotics will impact society, “robotic sex partners will become commonplace” by 2025.
These robostitutes won’t necessarily have human-level intelligence (that’s still another 10+ years away I think), but they’ll look, move, and feel a lot like real humans. In short, they’ll probably be good enough to satisfy most sexual urges. What effect these sexbots will have on human-human relationships, and the sex and human trafficking trades, remains to be seen. At a bare minimum, a lot of sex workers will probably lose their jobs.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...-and-bored-thanks-to-robots-stealing-our-jobs

If they look like the one at the top of the article, guys will need to put a paperbag over her head :p

Did you notice how the comments section had, like, one comment on the story and then the rest were a quick degeneration into gay sex jokes and how Obama is Hitler?

If these online interactions are how the sexbots are going to learn about humanity and they will act accordingly, we're going to quickly decide that we really don't want to have sex with these types of robots.

A friend told me about the upcoming sexbots. When he told his girlfriend about these sex dolls, she replied, "Ewwww... having sex with an inanimate object?! What kind of sicko does that?"

My friend said she owns and uses a vibrator. :lol:

You won't just be able to have sex with it. Eventually, you could have a conversation with it! But no one will use that feature.

Ya, it's fine to have that as an option, but damn, it would nice to have that off switch when you want it. :)

You know what they say, you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to go away afterwards. Yes to the off button.

I wonder if they could be programmed to make a samwich afterwards? Or maybe you need a special samwich making bot for that.

I wonder if they could be programmed to make a samwich afterwards? Or maybe you need a special samwich making bot for that.

I hope not. It would be really inefficient to need to have two robots for two simple tasks. One would hope that you can have a single model which works as a sexbot, foodbot, cleaningbot, laundrybot, assassinationbot, shoppingbot, drivingbot, electricalmaintenancebot, drivewaypavingbot, plumbingbot, dogwalkingbot, accountingbot and has any other potential modules either included in the base price or available for download.

A friend told me about the upcoming sexbots. When he told his girlfriend about these sex dolls, she replied, "Ewwww... having sex with an inanimate object?! What kind of sicko does that?"

My friend said she owns and uses a vibrator. :lol:

Exactly. Sexbots are just very advanced vibrators.

What if the AI become self-aware, but don't have the ability to override the programming of the modules added to their systems? If you have sex with them, is that rape?

Can I get one that just holds me and says "Don't worry baby, everything will turn out alright"?

Can I get one that just holds me and says "Don't worry baby, everything will turn out alright"?

Ya, you can, but while it's doing that it's also hacking the nuclear codes and destroying humanity. So, it's lying to you.

Ya, you can, but while it's doing that it's also hacking the nuclear codes and destroying humanity. So, it's lying to you.

So, that would be my second wife. I'll have to pass.

I don't know. Posting a lot of pictures on Facebook with you and a sexbot that looks exactly like your ex-wife? It's tough to imagine something that would piss her off more.

So, that would be my second wife. I'll have to pass.

I don't know. Posting a lot of pictures on Facebook with you and a sexbot that looks exactly like your ex-wife? It's tough to imagine something that would piss her off more.

That would be a violation of the Bronzeage Code, which states, "When you encounter an ex, always be with a woman that is hotter than her." If the sex bot could manage that, I'd consider it.

Part of the sexual experience is in satisfying your sexual partner. How is she going to convince someone not on drugs that you have in fact done that? There's going to have to be some seriously fancy programming to pull this off. When she cuts off after inactivity, she's gonna have to detect your later reentrance into the room and reiterate to you in genuine tone that she really enjoyed you.

Seriously, though, this will be great for lonely/single/horny people and those under the age of twenty-five, or with the mind of a twenty-five year old.

Back
Top Bottom