• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

Part of the sexual experience is in satisfying your sexual partner. How is she going to convince someone not on drugs that you have in fact done that? There's going to have to be some seriously fancy programming to pull this off. When she cuts off after inactivity, she's gonna have to detect your later reentrance into the room and reiterate to you in genuine tone that she really enjoyed you.

For a lot of people, sex is simply masturbation with another person in the room. A sexbot would free that other person to go and find a true relationship.

Part of the sexual experience is in satisfying your sexual partner. How is she going to convince someone not on drugs that you have in fact done that? There's going to have to be some seriously fancy programming to pull this off. When she cuts off after inactivity, she's gonna have to detect your later reentrance into the room and reiterate to you in genuine tone that she really enjoyed you.

For a lot of people, sex is simply masturbation with another person in the room. A sexbot would free that other person to go and find a true relationship.
I hope "a lot of people" isn't similar to "most people."

By 2025 sexbots may indeed by commonplace

By 2050 they will be obsolete, as we'll be able to tap directly into the pleasure centres of our brains and give ourselves whatever fantasies we want and all the orgasms we want. Just press the orgasm button.

By 2075 person to person sex will disgust people, and not be nearly as pleasurable as neural stimulation machines. And babies will be made only in labs.

I am joking, but only sorta.

By 2075 person to person sex will disgust people, and not be nearly as pleasurable as neural stimulation machines.
And by 2085, people will be bored by perfection and seek out real people for cheap, meaningless but real sex. They'll be labeled as 'perverts,' a tag they will adopt proudly.

And by 1087, Sexbot Inc. will release Imperfect neural stimulation programs which will reproduce the 'random encounter in a broom closet' experience with perfectly imperfect fidelity and a randomness factor that inserts missteps, inconvenient zippers and poorly timed coughs.

Did you notice how the comments section had, like, one comment on the story and then the rest were a quick degeneration into gay sex jokes and how Obama is Hitler?

If these online interactions are how the sexbots are going to learn about humanity and they will act accordingly, we're going to quickly decide that we really don't want to have sex with these types of robots.

Are you suggesting that Obama isn't Hitler?

You sad, sad, delusional leftist. You'll just swallow any lie the international liberal media conspiracy tells you. You really have to learn to be less gullible and think for yourself. Wake up, sheeple! Benghazi! :laughing-smiley-014

I beg your pardon, but BENGHAZI!!! is capitalized with no less than three exclamation points. Stop trying to trivialize Hillary Clinton's brutal murder of US citizens by trying to de-emphasize it. :mad:

By 2050 they will be obsolete, as we'll be able to tap directly into the pleasure centres of our brains and give ourselves whatever fantasies we want and all the orgasms we want. Just press the orgasm button.

By 2075 person to person sex will disgust people, and not be nearly as pleasurable as neural stimulation machines. And babies will be made only in labs.

You may be right, just the dates may not be. I've seen more than a few of the gynoids on YouTube that have been made, so I'm not surprised that sexbots would eventually come about. It could end up being like the guy whose gynoid didn't like him touching her breasts.

Or this from the game Fallout 4.

Of course they'll probably have a model that just says "Not tonight, I have a headache".

Can I get one that just holds me and says "Don't worry baby, everything will turn out alright"?

Ya, you can, but while it's doing that it's also hacking the nuclear codes and destroying humanity. So, it's lying to you.

I mean in a way, all that awaits us is a silent oblivion of in-existence. So really even if it didn't hack the nukes it'd still be lying to you...

Ya, you can, but while it's doing that it's also hacking the nuclear codes and destroying humanity. So, it's lying to you.

I mean in a way, all that awaits us is a silent oblivion of in-existence. So really even if it didn't hack the nukes it'd still be lying to you...
Unless I'm okay with a natural death at the end of a long lifespan. Then that'll be okay...

This thread makes me think of the 1970's Woody Allen movie, "Sleeper." If you've never seen it, you really should.

These posts are somewhat related.

The Orgasmatron in Sleeper. You don't even have to touch anymore to get THE perfect orgasm.

They had something similar in the movie Demolition Man. At the end of that movie, like the Woody Allen character in Sleeper, the men of the past tried to convince the future women characters that real sex with a real man was the best.

I found that funny because the women would probably prefer the no-touchy, no messy, guaranteed to climax sex.

As an aside, years ago I read a short story where in the future, whorehouses still existed, but the whores were all animated corpses. So the male clients could be with a real woman's body, and the feel was right, and the male clientele didn't have to worry about damaging the body or any sort of emotional or social intercourse because the women were dead.

Someone wrote a short story about my basement? Fuckers haven't given me a dime in royalty payments for that. :mad:

Then we will need robots to clean up the sexbot after use. And technicians to service both bots when they break down or need upgrading.

Then we will need robots to clean up the sexbot after use. And technicians to service both bots when they break down or need upgrading.

I don't think I want that job, but it has to pay really well.

The closest thing we have to sexbots are the life size silicon rubber dolls, which are actually less creepy than the man who owns one. They require cleaning after use, and are subject to wear and tear. They are heavy, and because they are made of silicon rubber, are also slippery.

There are people who repair them with appropriate adhesives. I don't know if it's a lucrative trade. If it is, there must be some kind of underground network, because you don't see ads for it, even on late night cable.

The laws of economics can't be repealed, which means, if there is a demand, the product will sell. The Real Dolls prove there is a demand, so we would expect a Real Doll with more real features would increase demand. It's possible demand could be so high, it would remove the stigma of being a grown man whose girlfriend hangs in the closet when not needed.

The technology exists right now to build a reasonably functioning sexbot, but it's probably not yet past the "lay there and moan," stage. A human facsimile bot is probably quite a long way in the future.

I'll wait until we reach technology level Bladerunner. A Sean Young or Daryl Hanna model would be interesting.

I don't think I want that job, but it has to pay really well.

The closest thing we have to sexbots are the life size silicon rubber dolls, which are actually less creepy than the man who owns one. They require cleaning after use, and are subject to wear and tear. They are heavy, and because they are made of silicon rubber, are also slippery.

There are people who repair them with appropriate adhesives. I don't know if it's a lucrative trade. If it is, there must be some kind of underground network, because you don't see ads for it, even on late night cable.

The laws of economics can't be repealed, which means, if there is a demand, the product will sell. The Real Dolls prove there is a demand, so we would expect a Real Doll with more real features would increase demand. It's possible demand could be so high, it would remove the stigma of being a grown man whose girlfriend hangs in the closet when not needed.

The technology exists right now to build a reasonably functioning sexbot, but it's probably not yet past the "lay there and moan," stage. A human facsimile bot is probably quite a long way in the future.

I'll wait until we reach technology level Bladerunner. A Sean Young or Daryl Hanna model would be interesting.
Wow, Bronzeage, you know a lot about these sex dolls. Does that come from living close to or in the Bible Belt?

And a better way to wipe their damn memory so they don't remember the technicians.

Or Tandie Newton and Angela Sarafyan.
westworldthandie.0.jpg

I would not mind giving Maeve and Clementine a spin.

You know, minus the glitches. :)

Back
Top Bottom