• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

The idea that California is a "liberal" state is nonsense.

It is just mostly liberal but filled with crazed right wingers.

Latest count: No 64% Yes 36% for EVF 70%

The remainder:
For recall: No 14% Yes 86%
For No 58% Yes 42%: No 37% Yes 63%

Let's see if Larry Elder and his fellow Republicans are willing to be good losers.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2021 - 2021 California Governor Recall Election
RealClearPolitics - Election 2021 - 2021 California Governor Recall Election - Replacement Candidates

RCP Avg: No 56.3% Yes 41.8% - adjusted: No 57.4% Yes 42.6%
538 Avg: No 57.3% Yes 41.5% - adjusted: No 58.0% Yes 42.0%

Actual: No 64.2% Yes 35.8%

RCP Avg: LE 34.8% KP 4.8% KF 4.5% ... CJ 1.1%
Adjusted: LE 53.8% KP 11.6% KF 7.0% ... CJ 2.3%
(RCP listed only)

Actual: LE 46.6% KP 8.7% KF 4.4% ... CJ 1.1%
Adjusted: LE 55.9% KP 11.9% KF 10.4% ... CJ 1.3%
(RCP listed only)

RCP "Final Results" are actual results so far.

This result will just embolden the insufferable prick Newsom and his incompetence and crap policies will continue. His campaign never addressed any of the problems California is experiencing, just banged on about Trump as did the dummies from out of state that flew in to support him.

Reagan crushed Mondale 59% to 41%. The GOP is fishing around 2 to 1 for the loss. That is a democratic ass spanking... in public.

I imagine the GOP must be filing paperwork for the next recall as we post in this thread.

Meanwhile Larry Elder is probably relived in knowing he can go back to doing nothing but talking for a living.

His campaign never addressed any of the problems California is experiencing, just banged on about Trump as did the dummies from out of state that flew in to support him.
You have yet to successfully explain a single Republican policy that woud have solved any of those problems. If the Republicans were presenting him with tangible and plausible alternative plans to his own, he'd probably be willing to compromise. The man is an empty suit, he likes to be liked. But you can't compromise "we don't have a plan, we just oppose whatever you say or do".

As for "Banging on about Trump", that's because Elder is a Trump crony whose principal promises were to push Trump's agendas in the state, to the point that his rallies were often a waving sea of Trump flags more so than Elder signs. Californians aren't stupid, we can see what's right in front of our eyes. Trump commited treason on a grand scale, we don't want one of his Medvedevs playing governor over the most influential state in the Union.

So 2 to 1 against recall. Makes one think that there was absolutely no need for a recall. Or if the GOP Is going to pull a coup, they actually need a replacement.

And the best guess I heard pegged the cost at over a quarter billion dollars. Where's the conservative fiscal sanity gone, anyway?
Tom

That ended a long time ago with Reagan. Since then fiscal responsibility, and just about every other actual principle or value republicans had, was made into talking points or slogans that don't mean anything.

I imagine the GOP must be filing paperwork for the next recall as we post in this thread.

They wouldn't be able to file it in time before the next election comes along, anyway. If indeed they believe that they represented the majority desires of the state in this recall, a free and fair election should be a cake walk for them. :hysterical:

Actually, there may be an upside here. Undereducated shouty boomer types hate being humiliated publicly when their ideas don't work out, the party may have trouble gathering support the next time they try the baseless recall ploy. This time, people were thinking about the Davis/Schwarzenegger affair, and their pride in having taken over the state government by those means. Next time they come campaigning, it won't be so easy, as people will be remembering this debacle instead. Will they even get enough signatures to recall whoever wins in 2022?

Right, Derec. Vote to install another Trumpsucking wackadoodle.
Elder is only one of a myriad of candidates. Dems had a chance to vote "yes" on removing Newsom and then vote for somebody other than Elder for his replacement.

Why would Democrats want to validate this blatant misuse of this already very undemocratic recall process? And so wasteful, the next election is in about a year anyway. And we're fine with Newsom in the first place, we don't care that you don't like somebody he stood next to.

I did want to vote for one of the replacement candidates just in case, but then I started looking into them and gave up after about a dozen names in, because couldn't find anybody who wasn't either a clown and/or noxious, so I didn't pick any of them.

That was the Dem's strategy, to not run any known Dems. I questioned it at first, that it would backfire if the recall did pass, but it turned out to be the right call because it set it up as more of a choice between a Dem and a Republican, and it's hard for a Republican to win statewide at this time.

So 2 to 1 against recall. Makes one think that there was absolutely no need for a recall. Or if the GOP Is going to pull a coup, they actually need a replacement.

And the best guess I heard pegged the cost at over a quarter billion dollars. Where's the conservative fiscal sanity gone, anyway?
Tom

It was a Republican Recall, something that Newsom made clear and that gained traction. The slogan, "Vote No and Go," which meant just say no and don't bother to vote a candidate was so simple and effective that it will be interesting to see what percentage of the voting population Elder actually can claim. It will be a pittance.

Right now Elder has about 47% of the votes of those that voted for a replacement candidate, but only a little over half of all voters bothered to vote for one.

Elder is only one of a myriad of candidates. Dems had a chance to vote "yes" on removing Newsom and then vote for somebody other than Elder for his replacement.

Why would Democrats want to validate this blatant misuse of this already very undemocratic recall process?
Validate? Talk about playing with a flame thrower! Vote to remove and then try to get everyone on the same page about Democrat Option for replacement... and then have the Republican win the jungle recall? Is Derec nuts?!

It was a Republican Recall, something that Newsom made clear and that gained traction. The slogan, "Vote No and Go," which meant just say no and don't bother to vote a candidate was so simple and effective that it will be interesting to see what percentage of the voting population Elder actually can claim. It will be a pittance.

Right now Elder has about 47% of the votes of those that voted for a replacement candidate, but only a little over half of all voters bothered to vote for one.
So Elder can claim less than half of half of the people that voted, so about 25%. So he can claim roughly one out of every four voters. Definitely ass-spanked.

LOL - you think this person is a Newsome surrogate?
How would you describe her?
A supporter.
Again, are you claiming anything written in that article is factually false and can you back it up?
I am claiming what I wrote which clearly does not address the content of the source.
Fox News is certainly more reliable than some of the other sources posted regularly on here like Mother Jones, Truthout, Intercept or Daily Kos.
Thank you for doubling down and proving my point.

Why would Democrats want to validate this blatant misuse of this already very undemocratic recall process?
Derec wants to pretend that this recall was a rational response to Newson's governing failures. Not just a temper tantrum about not being able to get haircuts.

This is such a stupid recall, and California's process makes it much stupider. The double vote thing is so antidemocratic. Should just make the lt gov the replacement if a recall passes, or hold a separate election for that choice.

Democrats should have changed the recall law after the last time. Need to change the proposition law too.

Another thing that needs to be changed is the number of signatures requirement. California only requires 12% of the votes in the last election, while most recall states require 25%.

Elder is only one of a myriad of candidates.

The only one who would have inherited the office if the Republitard shenanigans succeeded. Pretending otherwise doesn’t shield youfrom the abject stupidity of voting to oust the guy who actually believes science.

The conservonazis complain about homelessness, then spend 269 million on their frivolous attempt to undermine democracy.
They could have given 269,000 homeless people $1000.00 each to better effect. (If they actually gave a damn.)

Well, given that I voted for Trump exactly zero times ...

So you assert. But what is evidenced right here in your forum posts, is that you parrot the talking points of Cheato and his cabal of racist traitors.

Oh spare me the endless harping on January 6th!
You are ignoring that the #BLM/Antifa riots of 2020/21

"Oh, spare me the handwringing over the four airliners crashed on 9/11! You are ignoring the Piper cub, piloted - not "taken over", but piloted !!!1111! by an extremist who tried to violate federal airspace! REPEATEDLY! And the EPIDEMIC of shoplifters!"

Your complaining would be downright comical - pure Saturday Night Live gold- if it were not for your tragic inability to differentiate an attack on democratic process, interrupting Constitutional procedure at the highest level, causing millions in property damage to the US CAPITOL, and injuring or killing hundreds of law enforcement injuries, from the free exercise of democracy. That such exercise is usually tainted by a few individuals tagging walls, starting bonfires and causing damage to police stations, federal LE outposts etc., as has always been the case with protests, does not place them in the same category as a bloody coup attempt.

Anyone who remains blind to and fails to acknowledge that distinction, qualifies as a trumpsucker in my book.

Fox News is certainly more reliable than some of the other sources posted regularly on here like Mother Jones, Truthout, Intercept or Daily Kos.
Thank you for doubling down and proving my point.

I think you better defer to the expert on FOX News Entertainment, LD.
I'm sure he knows far more about it than anyone here trying to point out its laughably partisan incompetence.

The problem you're having here seems excruciatingly clear to me.

The enormous majority of Californians disagree with your opinion about Newsom.

Perhaps you're correct and Newsom is incompetent. But maybe you're wrong and it's not "everyone else".
Tom

This result will just embolden the insufferable prick Newsom and his incompetence and crap policies will continue. His campaign never addressed any of the problems California is experiencing, just banged on about Trump as did the dummies from out of state that flew in to support him.

Looks like you may have to move.

:rub:

The conservonazis complain about homelessness, then spend 269 million on their frivolous attempt to undermine democracy.
They could have given 269,000 homeless people $1000.00 each to better effect. (If they actually gave a damn.)

There are only 150,000 or so homeless people in California, so the payout would be more like $1800 per head.

Back
Top Bottom