• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

California May Have a Random Celebrity Republican as Governor Soon

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
Pros and cons for everybody. If they don’t like it they can move. Or they can elect new politicians.

Let me give you a personal glimpse.

I'm a gay atheist living in semi-rural Trumpistan Indiana. My family and roots are here. I can't just move. The costs would be huge. I'm not talking about the money, I'm talking about everything!

Nor can I just "vote someone else" in. Trump swept every district in this state in 2016 in the Republican primaries. Trumpistas are legion around here. It's a "low vaccination rate" area of a "low vaccination rate" state.

I'm stuck with America. I'm not as portable as many Americans are. So don't say "Well, you could just move". "You're free".
No I'm not!
Tom
You yourself just said the costs would be huge. Which means you are free to choose something else but don’t want to pay the costs. You’ve weighed the pros and cons of your situation and chosen to stay.

In California people are also weighing their pros and cons. I have lived in multiple places all around the country, ranging from Baltimore to Wisconsin to the Bay Area. Cost of living is incredibly high out here, yes, but in many ways I am getting things for this cost.

Everybody is going to whinge about where they are for one reason or another. Certain posters seem to be making it out like this is unique to California. Some people may be moving to Florida or Texas from California. that will improve their lives in some ways and likely be worse in others. I, personally, would never move to either of those states given my desires and situation even if it improved the cost of living. RVonse is making it out to be a choice between conservatism and low cost of living or liberalism and high cost of living. Even granting that to be true I know my choice.

Like, tom hit the nail on the head though... Liberals make places great to live, capitalists swoop in and ride the high demand by controlling supply to high prices.

It's cheap to live in conservative places because nobody wants to!

Shadowy Man

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Rational Pragmatism
You yourself just said the costs would be huge. Which means you are free to choose something else but don’t want to pay the costs. You’ve weighed the pros and cons of your situation and chosen to stay.

In California people are also weighing their pros and cons. I have lived in multiple places all around the country, ranging from Baltimore to Wisconsin to the Bay Area. Cost of living is incredibly high out here, yes, but in many ways I am getting things for this cost.

Everybody is going to whinge about where they are for one reason or another. Certain posters seem to be making it out like this is unique to California. Some people may be moving to Florida or Texas from California. that will improve their lives in some ways and likely be worse in others. I, personally, would never move to either of those states given my desires and situation even if it improved the cost of living. RVonse is making it out to be a choice between conservatism and low cost of living or liberalism and high cost of living. Even granting that to be true I know my choice.

Like, tom hit the nail on the head though... Liberals make places great to live, capitalists swoop in and ride the high demand by controlling supply to high prices.

To be fair, there are likely some policies that could be changed to help with the cost of living here. One example is that single family homes shouldn’t be sold to foreign companies with no plan to have any one actually live there. Chinese groups, for example, came and bought $1M+ homes with full cash offers and then let the homes sit until they sell on their investment.

TomC

Celestial Highness
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist

You're reminding me of the local covidiots.

"If you don't like it here, move!"
Tom

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

Tom

So, I'm having a real hard time, and maybe if you feel like it you could fill me in in private, but I just can't wrap my head around someone being unable to relocate.

I've relocated several times in my life, sometimes chaotically, sometimes planned, but it has always been possible, if occasionally isolating, to do so.

As it is, I've also acted as a port in the storms of a number of people's lives. I wouldn't mind doing the same for you, except that my husband is literally driving someone else here, from Michigan, right now, and that's the last bedroom short of cannibalizing our living room back into a bedroom again.

If you are ever willing to accept the cost, I, or one of many others, am willing to make the monetary price attainable.

TomC

Celestial Highness
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist

Tom

So, I'm having a real hard time, and maybe if you feel like it you could fill me in in private, but I just can't wrap my head around someone being unable to relocate.

I've relocated several times in my life, sometimes chaotically, sometimes planned, but it has always been possible, if occasionally isolating, to do so.

As it is, I've also acted as a port in the storms of a number of people's lives. I wouldn't mind doing the same for you, except that my husband is literally driving someone else here, from Michigan, right now, and that's the last bedroom short of cannibalizing our living room back into a bedroom again.

If you are ever willing to accept the cost, I, or one of many others, am willing to make the monetary price attainable.

OK, you don't understand what having roots means. It's very American to be rootless, but I'm not.

From elderly relatives to almost born great grandkids, we(Doug and I) are part of an interdependent web of people. Those people matter to us!
Tom

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

OK, you don't understand what having roots means. It's very American to be rootless, but I'm not.

From elderly relatives to almost born great grandkids, we(Doug and I) are part of an interdependent web of people. Those people matter to us!
Tom

Oh, I'm not without people who matter. I just don't always have to be near them and immediate in their lives, nor am I expected to be.

It's nice to have people, but the way you put it it felt like there was something along the lines of being trapped by that, and that's not OK either. I am not adrift, but I am more of a traveller. It IS ok to be a traveller. Or to like where you are.

And in all honesty, you're better situated to be a positive force in the lives of the family around you. Maybe make some additional atheists happen, gay or otherwise? Just, I would hope you never feel trapped, either. At any rate, you seem rather geriatric if you have great grandkids on the way. I'm not running an old folks home either.

TomC

Celestial Highness
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist
And in all honesty, you're better situated to be a positive force in the lives of the family around you. Maybe make some additional atheists happen, gay or otherwise? Just, I would hope you never feel trapped, either. At any rate, you seem rather geriatric if you have great grandkids on the way. I'm not running an old folks home either.

That's the thing. We aren't trapped by finances or the government. We aren't rich, but even if we won a lottery we wouldn't move.
My mom is pushing 100. His mom, who I take care of on a daily basis, is about 80. His granddaughter, left an orphan as a toddler by a drunk driver, just got married to the father of Doug's great grandson.
We can't leave here. We just can't.
Tom

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

That's the thing. We aren't trapped by finances or the government. We aren't rich, but even if we won a lottery we wouldn't move.
My mom is pushing 100. His mom, who I take care of on a daily basis, is about 80. His granddaughter, left an orphan as a toddler by a drunk driver, just got married to the father of Doug's great grandson.
We can't leave here. We just can't.
Tom

Well, you can. You just won't, and frankly you shouldn't ever have to. But, we all know the world changes as it will. I don't think having practice at changing up my life on the regular will be badly spent.

scombrid

Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Yep. Make all you money in a nice expensive liberal place and then sell out and move to a shithole country (rural south) where your money stretches further. It works as long as you have enough money to be self sufficient and isolate yourself from the shitholeness.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
That’s was bait. And a quick catch.
And yet still accurate.

Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

No one is complaining that they identify as black. The problem is that conservatism is a broken and dangerous ideology regardless of who is promoting it.

Trausti

Deleted
Thomas Sowell: “I cannot understand people who say that minorities should be represented everywhere and yet are upset when there are blacks represented in the conservative movement.”

No one is complaining that they identify as black. The problem is that conservatism is a broken and dangerous ideology regardless of who is promoting it.

Dude, the left promotes diversity as the panacea for all social ills; but only if that non-White person espouses the leftist diktat.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker

Dude, the left promotes diversity as the panacea for all social ills; but only if that non-White person espouses the leftist diktat.

Again, no problem whatsoever with diversity. Problem with misanthropic political philosophies regardless of their source? Check. I'm glad there are all kinds of conservatives, if there must be conservatives. I just also think that all conservatives, however they identify racially, are traitorous lackeys who tried to hand this nation over to a petit dictateur in January. If Larry Elder wants to talk about his experiences as a Black man, and agree or disagree on the political issues of the day on the basis of his racialized experiences, that's fine. No one can tell him not to, and I certainly never would. That is not, however, a blank check to say that all of his opinions are going to be correct or even safe. I'm even willing to tolerate and embrace political dissension within the reasonable limits of the law. But actually, all I see at what are ostensibly his rallies, are Trump flags. Why is he in any way okay with people flying the flag of an insurrectionist at literally all of his gubernatorial rallies?

Shadowy Man

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Rational Pragmatism

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

Again, no problem whatsoever with diversity. Problem with misanthropic political philosophies regardless of their source? Check. I'm glad there are all kinds of conservatives, if there must be conservatives. I just also think that all conservatives, however they identify racially, are traitorous lackeys who tried to hand this nation over to a petit dictateur in January. If Larry Elder wants to talk about his experiences as a Black man, and agree or disagree on the political issues of the day on the basis of his racialized experiences, that's fine. No one can tell him not to, and I certainly never would. That is not, however, a blank check to say that all of his opinions are going to be correct or even safe. I'm even willing to tolerate and embrace political dissension within the reasonable limits of the law. But actually, all I see at what are ostensibly his rallies, are Trump flags. Why is he in any way okay with people flying the flag of an insurrectionist at literally all of his gubernatorial rallies?

I might note that all kinds of people have all kinds of destructive positions, including self-destructive. It's entirely possible to be a Jewish Nazi, but I wouldn't put big bets on life expectancy should they manage to get a Nazi leader installed.

In essence it doesn't matter if the person does, or does not have a minority status; liberals will not like that person because they believe in "Fuck You, I've Got Mine"

Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail. Eventually, when they run out of convenient Boogeymen, they will begin to consume themselves. We've seen it time and again across history.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail.

Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office. Conservatives would instantly turn on him. Or even if he just, like, got photographed hugging Nancy Pelosi or some dumb manufactured media story of that ilk. Alas, both "sides" of pour political divide are prone to endless infighting and virtue signaling. The only people we love to atttack more than the enemy are close allies who've fallen short of an absolute ideal (often one dreamed up earlier that morning to boost ratings during the afternoon news block). And of course the "liberal" media would suddenly think of a million great reasons why Leimert Park Village should be bulldozed to make way for a new Walmart, if Larry Elder were the main voice opposing the eminent domain seizure thereof.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Conservatism, and other fascist and proto-fascist movements are the snake that eats its own tail.

Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office. Conservatives would instantly turn on him. Or even if he just, like, got photographed hugging Nancy Pelosi or some dumb manufactured media story of that ilk. Alas, both "sides" of pour political divide are prone to endless infighting and virtue signaling. The only people we love to atttack more than the enemy are close allies who've fallen short of an absolute ideal (often one dreamed up earlier that morning to boost ratings during the afternoon news block). And of course the "liberal" media would suddenly think of a million great reasons why Leimert Park Village should be bulldozed to make way for a new Walmart, if Larry Elder were the main voice opposing the eminent domain seizure thereof.

Well, I would certainly work to make sure whatever cronies of Elder who were planning on cashing in for whatever scheme he has going were left holding a bag, I think it would be foolish to cut off one's nose to spite their face.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
That’s was bait. And a quick catch.
And yet still accurate.

Funny. The ONLY mentions of Elder's race in this thread were by you and I. And my mention ("Fun to see how right-wingers soil their pants in glee whenever they see a Black right-winger!") was just to laugh at you! It is Elder's political views that we focus on and that make him a laughingstock, not his ethnicity. YOU are the one that treats his ethnicity as his only attribute of interest.

The simple fact is that in careers like AM radio talk-show host right-wing nuttery pays much better than left-wing nuttery. Many people, regardless of skin color, like to maximize income. It's widely agreed that Rush Limbaugh adjusted his political views to maximize his audience. (I clicked a TFT link to a David Pakman YouTube in which he says he was once offered money to move his views to the right. I was shocked and disappointed to hear Pakman say his refusal to take the offer turned out to be correct ... because he's making more money now anyway!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Anyway, it was good to learn in this thread that many big successful companies — like Disney, Google, Apple, Intel, Cisco, Tesla, Facebook — have left the shit-hole state and have moved to the greener pastures in Trumpist states like Alabama and Oklahoma! Oh wait, that hasn't happened.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
On the topic of relocating, I read recently that mobility in the U.S. (measured by geographic relocations per capita) has declined dramatically in recent years. (I'll try to dig up the cite from my Firefox history if needed.) Different people have different priorities but the idea that it's always easy to move is absurd. (It may be especially difficult for people with jobs, people with children, old people, and those caring for old people.) At the Other.Message.Board there was one guy whose stock reply to complaints from blacks about racism was that they should move to Canada or such if they didn't like the racism here!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My close relative is planning a move, though from one part of rural California to another. They love the Grass Valley area but now find it intolerable because it's overrun with Trumpist idiots. Apparently that area has become an epicenter of right-wing politics, getting visits from Ted Cruz, and so on.

Jason Harvestdancer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Wiccan
Then you do not understand capitalism. At least not the free market capitalism I'm familiar with.

Free market capitalism always seeks the highest quality product for the lowest cost for both the consumer and the producer.

Clearly you don't understand free market capitalism.

Free market capitalists don't rent an apartment for $500/mo if they can get $1500. Doesn't matter if $500 is profitable, $1500 is much more profitable. With that kind of money, you can buy the zoning board and protect your profits.

Sorry. You don't understand capitalism and democracy.
Tom

In your version of capitalism, only those who sell goods seek best value. Buyers never seek best value.

Jason Harvestdancer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Wiccan

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Democratic Socialist Atheist
The simple fact is that in careers like AM radio talk-show host right-wing nuttery pays much better than left-wing nuttery. Many people, regardless of skin color, like to maximize income. It's widely agreed that Rush Limbaugh adjusted his political views to maximize his audience. (I clicked a TFT link to a David Pakman YouTube in which he says he was once offered money to move his views to the right. I was shocked and disappointed to hear Pakman say his refusal to take the offer turned out to be correct ... because he's making more money now anyway!)

I posted that video and that's not what Pakman said. I even quoted it when you said that silly stuff the first time.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker

Democrats get very angry when their property wanders off the plantation.

That's an incredibly offensive joke, for someone inexplicably trying to take the high ground in a conversation about race.

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism

I posted that video and that's not what Pakman said. I even quoted it when you said that silly stuff the first time.

I missed your reply in that thread. :(

You should rewatch it because that's exactly what he said.

"At the time, x number of dollars was three times what I was making. And I said no, I couldn't live with myself. I'm not playing a character here."

I just rewatched the video and ... You're Correct. I must have skimmed the YouTube the first time and taken one sentence out of context.

Sorry. Please forgive me, ZiprHead and David Pakman.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
Larry Elder is an overt racist?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. What race exactly does he hate?

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men, usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor. He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men,
What "phony statistics" specifically? Young black and Latino men are far more likely to commit violent crimes. Looking just at race without age for example, blacks commit about 5x as many murders per capita as whites. And since most murders are intraracial, that means that far more blacks get murdered too. Politically correct denial of reality is dangerous.

usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor.
I don't know who that is. I took my number from the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics.

He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.
So-called "systemic racism" is really a phony issue. Basically any time blacks don't have outcomes equal (or better!) than whites, it's "systemic racism" without showing any discrimination by race.

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Oh yeah. I mean, God help Larry Elder if he should dare to use his position as governor to benefit Black neighborhoods in the state, in any way, once in office.
If he is elected, he would be the governor of ALL Californians, not only those that have a similar skin color. As such, he should work to benefit ALL neighborhoods, not just those predominately inhabited by people that kinda-sorta look like him.

That's what you identity politics obsessed leftists do not get. For example, that LA Times writer is upset because Elder would not be in favor of giving her money just for being black.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Democratic Socialist Atheist
I missed your reply in that thread. :(

You should rewatch it because that's exactly what he said.

"At the time, x number of dollars was three times what I was making. And I said no, I couldn't live with myself. I'm not playing a character here."

I just rewatched the video and ... You're Correct. I must have skimmed the YouTube the first time and taken one sentence out of context.

Sorry. Please forgive me, ZiprHead and David Pakman.

You are forgiven, good sir. And you're a unicorn on the internet.

thebeave

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

I take it you never listened to his program? He constantly pulls on phony statistics and defamatory stereotypes to stoke hysteria about the violence and lawlessness of young Black and Latino men, usually quoted directly from The Color of Crime and other similar works by notorious white supremacist Jared Taylor. He mocks efforts to combat systemic racism, and acknowledges the existence of racism only when he believes it is being leveled at him personally.

I am quite familiar with his program. I have listened to it off and on for several years now. The statistics he references are not phony, and he cites his sources...usually government (FBI, etc) or academic. I have never heard him mention The Color of Crime or Jared Taylor. Perhaps they are using the same original FBI crime stat sources as Larry. If you got a problem with his statistics, maybe you should beat on the FBI database or the university academics, not the messengers of those statistics.

Jason Harvestdancer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Wiccan

That's an incredibly offensive joke, for someone inexplicably trying to take the high ground in a conversation about race.

The punchline is that you think it is a joke.

Lumpenproletariat

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Utilitarian
Should GAVIN NEWSOM be recalled (removed) from the office of Governor?

⬤ YES

〇 NO

Candidates to succeed GAVIN NEWSOM as Governor if he is recalled:

Vote for ONE

〇 JOHN R. DRAKE (D)

〇 LARRY A. ELDER (R)

⬤ KEVIN PAFFRATH (D)

〇 ADAM PAPAGAN (I)

etc.

etc.

〇 JEFF HEWITT (L)

Interestingly, Paffrath might win. Here's one poll showing him on top.

Among the list of 47 candidates, an ABC 10News/Survey USA poll from early August showed six candidates are among the lead by voters polled: Democrat Kevin Paffrath (27%) and Republicans Larry Elder (23%), John Cox (10%), Kevin Faulconer (5%), Caitlyn Jenner (4%), and Kevin Kiley (3%).

( https://www.meetkevin.com/ )

Ordinarily a Libertarian would be a good choice, but right now any Republican or Libertarian victory would be taken as an anti-vaxer victory and rejection of mask or vaccination mandates.

Adam Papagan would be OK, but his website is not quite serious enough. (Many of the candidates have no website at all.)

What we really need is a candidate who would pledge to step aside and have a committee do the executive functions, and the members of the committee would be chosen by lot.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist

You think that that is outdated, wait until Jason starts getting into his Whig material.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
You think that that is outdated, wait until Jason starts getting into his Whig material.

You know, we've got a second Andrew Jackson on our hands; some of that Whig energy might not go amiss right now. The National Bank, federal protection of critical infrastructure, Congressional control over new lawmaking... there are some ideas that shouldn't have been allowed to die with them.

J842P

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
godless heathen

Oh I see, you mean racist in the sense that he disagrees with you. Got it. It's hard to keep up with these neologisms.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

Oh I see, you mean racist in the sense that he disagrees with you. Got it. It's hard to keep up with these neologisms.

When you disagree with combatting racism and systemic racism, yeah, that makes you a racist. It feels like we are running around in circles on this one.

Of course you can say a thing over and over again until it doesn't seem to make sense. That doesn't mean there is no sense, just that someone is being silly.

J842P

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
godless heathen

When you disagree with combatting racism and systemic racism, yeah, that makes you a racist. It feels like we are running around in circles on this one.

Of course you can say a thing over and over again until it doesn't seem to make sense. That doesn't mean there is no sense, just that someone is being silly.

No, see, this is just your framing. It's pure ideology, and stupid. Larry Elder disagrees with you. He's not saying, "oh systemic racism exists, but we shouldn't combat it in any way and instead support it". That's your straw man.

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
Should GAVIN NEWSOM be recalled (removed) from the office of Governor?

⬤ YES

Candidates to succeed GAVIN NEWSOM as Governor if he is recalled:

⬤ KEVIN PAFFRATH (D)

Interestingly, Paffrath might win. Here's one poll showing him on top.

Among the list of 47 candidates, an ABC 10News/Survey USA poll from early August showed six candidates are among the lead by voters polled: Democrat Kevin Paffrath (27%) and Republicans Larry Elder (23%), John Cox (10%), Kevin Faulconer (5%), Caitlyn Jenner (4%), and Kevin Kiley (3%).

The recent polls by RCP and fivethirtyeight show Paffrath with only half the support of Elder. Paffrath had momentum early in August but, as shown on the attached Wikipedia graph, his support is falling since August 7.

So the effect of your vote will be to increase the chance that Elder replaces Newsom. Is that what you want?

recall2021.png

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker

About, specifically, not promulgating racist crap via your radio program? Yes. If we have different opinions on what kind of tie best accompanies a sport jacket or whether caviar is a food, that is neither a problem nor a racism issue. But disagreeing, specifically, with all decent people on whether racism should be amplified or eliminated, is fairly definitively what defines a racist.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs

About, specifically, not promulgating racist crap via your radio program? Yes. If we have different opinions on what kind of tie best accompanies a sport jacket or whether caviar is a food, that is neither a problem nor a racism issue. But disagreeing, specifically, with all decent people on whether racism should be amplified or eliminated, is fairly definitively what defines a racist.

I think you said it way better than I did. But yes, this.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker
I'm sure this is a grand Democratic conspiracy to suppress all those juicy Republican votes Lawndale/Compton is so well known for, as opposed to the seemingly way more obvious answer that this is just some dude who steals mail to pay for drugs.

Trausti

Deleted
I'm sure this is a grand Democratic conspiracy to suppress all those juicy Republican votes Lawndale/Compton is so well known for, as opposed to the seemingly way more obvious answer that this is just some dude who steals mail to pay for drugs.

He’s paying for drugs with Newsom recall ballots? Why, who’d want the ballots in exchange for drugs? We’ve got a mystery to solve.

Politesse

Lux Aeterna
Basic Beliefs
Jedi Wayseeker

He’s paying for drugs with Newsom recall ballots? Why, who’d want the ballots in exchange for drugs? We’ve got a mystery to solve.

They send those in the mail.

Jason Harvestdancer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Wiccan

You know, we've got a second Andrew Jackson on our hands; some of that Whig energy might not go amiss right now. The National Bank, federal protection of critical infrastructure, Congressional control over new lawmaking... there are some ideas that shouldn't have been allowed to die with them.

I'm not talking history either. What I wrote describes current events.

If we weren't talking about this particular governor's race, and I describe these two candidates, which do you think is the Democrat?
* A poor black kid from the inner city, goes to mediocre inner city schools, works hard, goes to college, becomes a lawyer at a prestigious law firm. He then moved on to social commentary.
* A rich white kid who went to elite private schools because his dad is a lawyer that represents oil companies. He used his business contacts to start his own business before going into politics.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Mail thieves don't sort the mail when they steal it. They take it all and then look through what they got for things which have value (mostly checks and credit cards.)

Top Bottom