• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Canada's nazi problem

You live closer to GB than I do. How the fuck is your response relevant??
I told you how. You are yapping non stop about mythical imperial aspirations of modern Russia, completely ignoring what modern GB is doing.

Modern Russia let everybody (even the ones who did not really have such right) go, with expectations that they appreciate that fact. Instead they allowed themselves to be used against Russia. So solutions is obvious - Russia takes them back.

completely ignoring what modern GB is doing.
"Modern GB" isn't relevant to what Russia is doing. At all.

If Russia is doing stupid and imperialistic crap that they should be fucking ashamed of, then they are doing stupid and imperialistic crap that they should be fucking ashamed of regardless of any stupid and/or imperialistic crap any other country might also be doing.

If you appear in court accused of bank robbery and your defence is that other people also rob banks, you should expect a long custodial sentence.

Your country's wrong-doing is wrong in its own right.

Grow. The fuck. Up.

Modern Russia let everybody (even the ones who did not really have such right) go, with expectations that they appreciate that fact. Instead they allowed themselves to be used against Russia. So solutions is obvious - Russia takes them back.
This sounds like an argument I would expect from a slightly retarded nine-year-old.

International relations isn't a schoolyard bully's fantasy about being admired and respected by his victims, used to justify vengeance against those kids who refuse to hand over their lunch money.

Grow. The fuck. Up.

This sounds like an argument I would expect from a slightly retarded nine-year-old.

International relations isn't a schoolyard bully's fantasy about being admired and respected by his victims, used to justify vengeance against those kids who refuse to hand over their lunch money.

Grow. The fuck. Up.
None of these countries were mistreated by Russian Empire.
it's all your imagination. Russia let them go and expected good relations with them in return.
Instead we got Nuland/CIA/NATO/Nazis conspiring against Russia.
Finns in particular had everything they wanted and more while in Russian Empire.
So much so that they (themselves) were erecting statues to Russian Tsar.

Russian "imperialism" is very different british. We never tried to impose russian rules. Countries were pretty much free to govern themselves. Finns had Parliament while Russia did not. Central Asian areas had their own things. Russian authorities were nominal and the main concern for Russia was to not have other empires to rule there.

GB and by extension US are doing the same thing they did during Crimean War - weakening Russia.
They themselves openly admit that. It's not about Ukraine or Turkey in 19 century, they don't care about Ukraine and did not care about Turkey, they only care about hurting Russia.

it’s hilarious watching Putin try to make something out of the most milquetoast govt. imaginable. Our opposition has fits over the colour of his socks, or recommending vaccines. Of course they are going to try and make this into a big deal.

By the way - these Ukrainian “Nazis” were first and foremost Ukrainians joining Germany to fight Russians because they didn’t want anything to do with Russia then, either
or jews or poles.
Who wants to tell him
Who is him?
You
to tell me what?
I could fill this server with examples of anti-semetism in Russia. You calling anyone else a Nazi is a joke in itself.

I could fill this server with examples of anti-semetism in Russia. You calling anyone el
I can't prove this with stats or citations or anything. Might be cold war propaganda. But my understanding was that a huge influx of Zionists into Israel back in the 50s was Russian Jews fleeing anti-jewish bigotry in Russia.
Tom

I could fill this server with examples of anti-semetism in Russia. You calling anyone else a Nazi is a joke in itself.
Here's the thing.
Where I live nobody identifies as a Nazi. But the xenophobic white supremacist authoritarians are legion. The weaponized Christianity is huge.

In other words, Nazis in all but name.
Tom

Here's the thing.
Where I live nobody identifies as a Nazi. But the xenophobic white supremacist authoritarians are legion. The weaponized Christianity is huge.

In other words, Nazis in all but name.
Tom
What’s more, if you investigate a bit where a lot of their empowerment comes from - it’s no surprise

BTW - I see they offed Navalny today. Nice country they have there.

GB and by extension US are doing the same thing they did during Crimean War - weakening Russia.
Oh goody... is Siberia going to be put on sale soon?
They themselves openly admit that. It's not about Ukraine or Turkey in 19 century, they don't care about Ukraine and did not care about Turkey, they only care about hurting Russia.
You misspelled "access to trade routes to Asia".

In case you did not know. Germany lost WW1.
Not until about a year after Russia did.

Exactly right. Germany lost on the Western Front. It had won on the Eastern Front. That was why Wilhelm II sponsored Lenin in 1917 and had him transported to Petrograd (later called "Leningrad"). A poison pill for the new revolutionary government struggling to stay afloat.

The reason why british and french imperialists invaded Russia in 19th century was the the same EU imperialists invaded Russia now - they are not happy with independent country which they don't control. They never are.

The basic facts about European history is that Russia, Prussia, France, England, Rome, Ottoman were generally jostling borders and usually the others didn't like it when one of them was growing too much. Borders have been shifting in Europe for millennia, and we are slowly readjusting post-Cold War era.
And nothing changed from that time. British still don't like the size of Russia so they started proxy war because of that.

I, on the other hand, perfectly fine with the the size of Russia but now think that Ukraine should be back in Russia.

And don't forget that Poland, Baltic states and Finland were part of Russian Empire.
Just saying.
Doesn't mean they wanted to be part of Russia.

When your government fell apart many pieces chose to leave because they didn't want to be part of your country. You seem to feel you have some right to force them back in.

Back
Top Bottom