• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Canada's nazi problem

Speech was against Russia
If by "against Russia" you mean "against Putin's Imperialism" I'd applaud that.
I wouldn't care if it came from an elderly Canadian Nazi or someone else.
Tom

Tom
They applauded to a Nazi, not to a speech. And Nazi did not make any speeches, I told you he was a prop.
So what we have here people talking about russian imperialism while not knowing basic facts about russian history.
You really think this would make you any good among russians?

Tom
They applauded to a Nazi, not to a speech. And Nazi did not make any speeches, I told you he was a prop.
So what we have here people talking about russian imperialism while not knowing basic facts about russian history.
They applauded what they thought was a Ukrainian soldier.

The key to effective disinformation is to start with a kernel of truth, and then manipulate and extrapolate to bolster a false narrative.

People are on to Putin.

it’s hilarious watching Putin try to make something out of the most milquetoast govt. imaginable. Our opposition has fits over the colour of his socks, or recommending vaccines. Of course they are going to try and make this into a big deal.

By the way - these Ukrainian “Nazis” were first and foremost Ukrainians joining Germany to fight Russians because they didn’t want anything to do with Russia then, either
or jews or poles.
Who wants to tell him

it’s hilarious watching Putin try to make something out of the most milquetoast govt. imaginable. Our opposition has fits over the colour of his socks, or recommending vaccines. Of course they are going to try and make this into a big deal.

By the way - these Ukrainian “Nazis” were first and foremost Ukrainians joining Germany to fight Russians because they didn’t want anything to do with Russia then, either
or jews or poles.
Who wants to tell him
Who is him?

or jews or poles.
Who wants to tell him
Who is him?
You

or jews or poles.
Who wants to tell him
Who is him?
You
to tell me what?

The key to effective disinformation is to start with a kernel of truth, and then manipulate and extrapolate to bolster a false narrative.

People are on to Putin.
That's certainly what it looks like to me. Not that I care enough to do real research.

A guy with a past is fighting for his country against Russian Imperial ambition. He'd get applause from me for that. The OP left me with the impression that a guy had been elected to the Canadian government running on a Nazi platform.

Big shrugs.
Tom

Tom
The basic facts about European history is that Russia, Prussia, France, England, Rome, Ottoman were generally jostling borders and usually the others didn't like it when one of them was growing too much. Borders have been shifting in Europe for millennia, and we are slowly readjusting post-Cold War era.

Russia was tossed about in the Crimean War, which involved an overly boisterous England and France taking advantage of a non-modern military Russia, who wasn't exactly innocent as they were peaking to the south.

Last edited:
The basic facts about European history is that Russia, Prussia, France, England, Rome, Ottoman were generally jostling borders and usually the others didn't like it when one of them was growing too much. Borders have been shifting in Europe for millennia, and we are slowly readjusting post-Cold War era.
And nothing changed from that time. British still don't like the size of Russia so they started proxy war because of that.

I, on the other hand, perfectly fine with the the size of Russia but now think that Ukraine should be back in Russia.

And don't forget that Poland, Baltic states and Finland were part of Russian Empire.
Just saying.

Russia was tossed about in the Crimean War, which involved an overly boisterous England and France taking advantage of a non-modern military Russia, who wasn't exactly innocent as they were peaking to the south.
You make it look like what France/British did was not unprovoked aggression.
And what they do now is exactly same thing.

People are on to Putin.
That's certainly what it looks like to me. Not that I care enough to do real research.

A guy with a past is fighting for his country against Russian Imperial ambition. He'd get applause from me for that. The OP left me with the impression that a guy had been elected to the Canadian government running on a Nazi platform.

Big shrugs.
Tom
Great, Trudeau apologized for nothing then.

And don't forget that Poland, Baltic states and Finland were part of Russian Empire.
Don't forget the Russian Empire ceased to exist over a century ago, as a consequence of their "only scary on paper" army trying to go toe-to-toe against a genuinely well equipped and well trained enemy.

Literally nobody alive today lived in the Russian Empire. Restoring that empire makes as little sense as trying to restore the Roman Empire of the fifth century.

If your nation could just try to drag itself kicking and screaming into the reality of the world since the Great War, that would be appreciated.

Your commitment to being two centuries behind the developed world is not big or clever.

Grow. The fuck. Up.

Don't forget the Russian Empire ceased to exist over a century ago, as a consequence of their "only scary on paper" army trying to go toe-to-toe against a genuinely well equipped and well trained enemy.

Literally nobody alive today lived in the Russian Empire. Restoring that empire makes as little sense as trying to restore the Roman Empire of the fifth century.

If your nation could just try to drag itself kicking and screaming into the reality of the world since the Great War, that would be appreciated.

Your commitment to being two centuries behind the developed world is not big or clever.

Grow. The fuck. Up.
Not to mention each of those countries existed as independent entities long before Russia became an “ empire”.

In case you did not know. Germany lost WW1. And the russian revolution is largely a result of german meddling.

My point is, Finland, Poland and Baltic Vymirates should thank russian (funded by germans) communists for their independence.

Back
Top Bottom