• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

China's Warning to the World

LOL...If I didn't know your posts that well, I'd think you were making a joke...alas
Kind of, but not really. Of course I do not think they share many beliefs (such as feminism) with western wokes. But on a more fundamental level, something not captured in the dictionary definition you posted, wokeism is all about identity politics. And in that sense, US-wokes and the Taliban are rather similar. Both are about identity politics and collective action over self-determination of the individual.
Well, regardless of the much to do about word definitions, my poking was more about 'family values' and previous references to such BS make believe nostalgia.

And since this is getting even farther away from the subject of the 800lb panda, I will leave it at that...

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

I'm just saying. Between the United States and China, tough call.

I have done business with Chinese companies before, and in my experience, they are like normal people from any industrial town. The one I knew best got squeaky excited over the dragon boat races, and you'd think it was like Christmas or Mardi Gras for her. I could imagine living next-door to such a person. The people that live there are just regular folk.

The Chinese government is kind of like the government of the United States...sometimes, I agree with them...other times, not so much.

When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its ...
Par for the course. USA has simply added its name to every other country that has ever tried to "defeat Afghanistan" (win in Afghanistan)
NONE of them have ever prevailed. Except maybe in the RVonse imagination, where it is apparently a minimal accomplishment to "defeat Afghanistan".
It is confusing to me why people would want to live there. It's not the most ideal climate is it?

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

I'm just saying. Between the United States and China, tough call.

I have done business with Chinese companies before, and in my experience, they are like normal people from any industrial town. The one I knew best got squeaky excited over the dragon boat races, and you'd think it was like Christmas or Mardi Gras for her. I could imagine living next-door to such a person. The people that live there are just regular folk.

The Chinese government is kind of like the government of the United States...sometimes, I agree with them...other times, not so much.
Oh yea! Good post. The Chinese government is just like the American government. They are near clones. The US government is addicted to "disappearing" political dissidents. They seek to conquer neighborhood countries (I favor going after Canada, love Red Mountain and Whistler). The US government won't allow other political parties to run. The government never changes. The government allows free enterprise as long as you pay enough bribes to the governing party. If not, you get disappeared. Girls can accuse people of sexual harassment, unless it's against someone in the government. No freedom of speech is allowed (no freedom at all). The censorship police are very important. No rights for gays (we don't have them people). Yep, countries are exactly alike!

Well, I am not sure about clones, but I know enough about the Chinese that I am pretty sure that the Chinese people are not marching around in gray uniforms or anything weird like that. They are just trying to survive like everybody.

Well, I am not sure about clones, but I know enough about the Chinese that I am pretty sure that the Chinese people are not marching around in gray uniforms or anything weird like that. They are just trying to survive like everybody.
Sorry, I was a little harsh. I love the Chinese people. I've been there several times. But their government is evil. There are no civil rights in China.

Sorry, I was a little harsh. I love the Chinese people. I've been there several times. But their government is evil. There are no civil rights in China.
I do not always agree with them.

I do not always agree with them.
But that does not address Harry Bosch's points. You said earlier "The Chinese government is kind of like the government of the United States...sometimes, I agree with them...other times, not so much.". He is challenging the claim that they are "kind of like" each other, not your claim that sometimes you agree with them and sometimes you do not (which seems pretty obviously true, so no much point in challenging it).

When you can't even defeat Afghanistan after 20 years its ...
Par for the course. USA has simply added its name to every other country that has ever tried to "defeat Afghanistan" (win in Afghanistan)
NONE of them have ever prevailed. Except maybe in the RVonse imagination, where it is apparently a minimal accomplishment to "defeat Afghanistan".
It is confusing to me why people would want to live there. It's not the most ideal climate is it?
Because they know how to survive as few others can and that makes it hard to take. And then they just operate whatever makes them money and doesn't run game.against their own folks.

It's the ideal climate for what they are.

As respects the ruling organization. The people are... Well, normal, within the bounds of being buried in an impenetrably fortified desert. And overseen by that.

Australia is too big, too populated, too separated by the sea and too well protected even now.
The only reliable way for China to expand is by land.
Russia is easy target for Chinese expansion - easily accessible, not very populated in the Far East. The only thing which prevents chinese invasion are nukes.
Of course on paper, Russia and China have good relations, but that does not mean much. Russia had "good" relations with Nazi Germany.

Australia is too big(1), too populated(2), too separated by the sea(3) and too well protected(4) even now.
2 of those 4 points are correct.

With regards to the original topic, if you consider the Chinese government* as extremely xenophobic and motivated towards having buffer nations between themselves and "those people", their actions start making a lot more sense.

It's not about conquest - it's about paranoia derived from unhealthy isolationism. With a little dash of authoritarians fucking terrified of losing power thrown in for good measure.

*(not China as a whole, not the Chinese people but the ruling government)

2 of those 4 points are correct.
Which ones?
With regards to the original topic, if you consider the Chinese government* as extremely xenophobic
I think they are afraid of western democracy. And with respect to Taiwan they really have no choice but to keep doing it. Problem is, what are their plans for the rest of the world.

It would take an armada of "freighters" to transport sufficient troops which would be noticed. Really, your argument is ridiculous.
Coupled with the fact Australia loses its collective shit whenever only one of these enters its waters :

0b1bcd977891ba1256b9cda183daa6c9

unless those freighters are equipped with Romulan cloaking devices, someone's gonna notice.

Of course they're going to notice. What I'm saying is they won't be able to scramble a strike fast enough. Same thing that happened with 9/11--the only fighters that even got off the ground in time were unarmed and unable to make the intercept anyway.

Back
Top Bottom