• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christians advertise “JesusWeen” on buses, urge people to let Jesus inside them on Oct 31

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.queerty.com/christian-e...-urge-people-let-jesus-inside-oct-31-20211012

A group of Christian extremists are once again trying to co-opt Halloween (a.k.a. “Gay Christmas”) by turning it into “JesusWeen” and advertising about it on city buses.

No, this is not a joke. This is a real thing being led by some guy named Pastor Paul Ade, whose actually been pushing this “JesusWeen” agenda for a while now.

A photo of a “JesusWeen” advertisement on a city bus in Canada began circulating on Twitter earlier this week.

“JesusWeen is a God-given vision which was born as an answer to the cry of many believers who find joy in sharing the gospel with the unsaved,” the group’s official website states.

“The dictionary meaning of Ween is to believe and think. We therefore see October 31st as a day to expect a gift of salvation by receiving the Gospel of our lord Jesus.”

No, this is not a joke.
Yes, yes it is.
I will be teaching doggerel to the door-to-door penitents that night.

"Jesus-ween! Smell my jeans!
Give us candy dyed in green!"

"Trick or treat? No, children. When they open the door, shout, "Render Unto Caesar!" "

And drawing stigmata with fakeblood on any kid that gets close.

“The dictionary meaning of Ween is to believe and think. We therefore see October 31st as a day to expect a gift of salvation by receiving the Gospel of our lord Jesus.”[/B]
By 'think' they don't mean 'rational assessment,' they mean 'opinion.'
By 'believe' they mean an expectation, a hope, not necessarily a justified one.

As in, "The OP, I ween, is not a scholar of the English Language."
"The little ones ween this night is for candy, not Chick Tracts, ye wanker."
"I ween you're making this shit up."

Aint free speech and lieral democracy great?

Free speech is what it is, free speech.

Goofy Ekankar is back with TV advertisements. If silly advertising were a crime there would not be much advertising.

In Seattle there has been a long standing Gay Pride parade. Gays can promote who they are as can Christians express views on Halloween.

Whatever issues I have with religion, the bus advert is not one of them. I chalk it up to a pluralistic society with free speech. Many Christians have problems with atheist and other speech as us atheists do with theists. Free speech within bounds is for all or none. The so called art Piss Christ was highly offensive to Christians, and I thought it was goofy intended to agitate.

If it were 'kill fags' that would be a different thing.

“The dictionary meaning of Ween is to believe and think. We therefore see October 31st as a day to expect a gift of salvation by receiving the Gospel of our lord Jesus.”[/B]
By 'think' they don't mean 'rational assessment,' they mean 'opinion.'
By 'believe' they mean an expectation, a hope, not necessarily a justified one.

As in, "The OP, I ween, is not a scholar of the English Language."
"The little ones ween this night is for candy, not Chick Tracts, ye wanker."
"I ween you're making this shit up."

Who wants to go Jesus treating dressed as Judas Iscariot? Or Pontius Pilate? Or maybe one of the zombie saints that arose from their graves as Jesus was crucified? The bad taste possibilities are endless.

But the W is part of Hallow, so shouldn’t it be “Jesuseen”? There’s no “ween” involved so their argument is built on a false premise.

But the W is part of Hallow, so shouldn’t it be “Jesuseen”? There’s no “ween” involved so their argument is built on a false premise.

That’s what I was thinking.

These people SUCK at etymology.

All Hallow’s Evening.
Hallow’s evening.
Hallow e’en
Halloween.

I ween you don’t know the first thing about primary sources, research, evidence or facts of anykind. Have an apple.

So, how long before the believers hack into other holidays?

Dec. 26: Jeenzaa
April 1: Jesus Fools Day
second Monday in October: Jebus Day.
Come to think of it, I'd enjoy Jebus Day.

What is it, 20 January? Jesus King Junior Day? (Except Alabama, it's Holy Ghost Day)
May, Virgin Mother's Day?
June, Holy Father's Day?

What is it, 20 January? Jesus King Junior Day? (Except Alabama, it's Holy Ghost Day)
May, Virgin Mother's Day?
June, Holy Father's Day?

May 5th, Holy Molé Day

Since the origin of the word Easter is ambiguous, I think these Canadian Christians should plan on advertising on the buses next Easter by wishing everyone a "Happy Christ on a Stick day".

https://www.queerty.com/christian-e...-urge-people-let-jesus-inside-oct-31-20211012

A group of Christian extremists are once again trying to co-opt Halloween (a.k.a. “Gay Christmas”) by turning it into “JesusWeen” and advertising about it on city buses.

No, this is not a joke. This is a real thing being led by some guy named Pastor Paul Ade, whose actually been pushing this “JesusWeen” agenda for a while now.

A photo of a “JesusWeen” advertisement on a city bus in Canada began circulating on Twitter earlier this week.

“JesusWeen is a God-given vision which was born as an answer to the cry of many believers who find joy in sharing the gospel with the unsaved,” the group’s official website states.

“The dictionary meaning of Ween is to believe and think. We therefore see October 31st as a day to expect a gift of salvation by receiving the Gospel of our lord Jesus.”

"Ween", really? I love how ignorant they are of even Christian history, let alone anyone else's.

"Jesusween" sounds like the approved sexual position for evangelical Christian couples. Ideally, their bodies should form a cross. Any outcries should be scripture and rehearsed in advance.
Legally married husband: He which testifieth these things saith: Surely I come quickly.
Legally married obedient wife and helpmeet: You can say that again. I mean, Amen, even so come, Lord Jesus.

To me the funniest part is that if their spotty etymology is to be believed, Halloween would already mean "the day to think on all that is hallowed/holy"

So, they would rather people think on "Jesus" rather than "that which is hallowed" meaning "Jesus is not holy".

Elsewhere, i saw a sign posted in a window. It stated that this was a good Christian home (first time through, though, they missed the S, wrote T, but 'saved' it by covering it with an S. So it really read: "A GOOD CHRI$TIAN HOME"), that worshipped God, held jobs, and paid their taxes and did not celebrate Satan's Day.
So if you want candy, get a job!
And find Jesus!

My first thought, if they left the porch light on so the sign could be read, they were gonna get very, very egged.

Back
Top Bottom