• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Clarence Thomas corruption

There is no one who hates corruption in our government more than I do!

This is such a very deeply interesting thing for someone to say.

Would you mind telling us all how you could possibly know this to be even slightly true?

What makes you think that is a statement that can label itself as either true or accurate? Even remotely?
Seriously - think about this. You make a statement that immediately, IMMEDIATELY exposes you as an untrustworthy source, unable to tell fact from fiction.

There is NO WAY ON THIS EARTH that you can think this statement is anything other than a deceitful attempt to give yourself a credential that you don’t possess. So it demonstrates that perhaps you have not got a good grasp of truth versus empty brag, or perhaps that you think it is honorable to “pad your resume,” or perhaps that you deal in all emotion and no fact and assume everyone else does as well.

It’s true that Trump uses this tool all the time. And what amazes me even more is that his fans hear it and think, “by god, he’s said a true thing, there! He does [a thing] more than any other person! For real!”

So anyway, RVonse - can you explain why you think it’s a true or accurate statement that you, in fact, care about corruption more than anyone else? What evidence convinced you?
Look at my history of posts and it will be self evident to you. I have started numerous corruption threads mostly with regards to Pelosi. If something were not important to me I would not bring it up here.

So anyway, RVonse - can you explain why you think it’s a true or accurate statement that you, in fact, care about corruption more than anyone else? What evidence convinced you?
Look at my history of posts and it will be self evident to you. I have started numerous corruption threads mostly with regards to Pelosi. If something were not important to me I would not bring it up here.

Reads. Pauses. Blinks slowly.

You are saying that “important to you” equals ”no one cares as much as you”.

No one. Because you see yourself acting, and you therefore conclude that no one cares as much as you.
Isn’t that sort of achingly self-referential?

Perhaps there’s some rhetorical flourish involved where you don’t actually believe that no one cares as much as you, but you type the words anyway to mean that you care a lot? I hope? Though that seems like such a throw-away phrase and the risk of people not taking you seriously after you say it is real.

You do demonstrate with your reply that you think no one cares about corruption from Pelosi as much as you. But that’s a bit of a shift from the original.

Well, okay. Thanks for the reply. Interesting human interaction noted.

Last edited:
It appears your ambivalence towards Justice Thomas’s appearance of corruption and your deep concerns over The appearance of corruption in the case of Ms Pelosi and her husband is ideologically driven. Which makes it difficult to accept that you hate corruption in government more than anyone.

This is such a very deeply interesting thing for someone to say.

Would you mind telling us all how you could possibly know this to be even slightly true?

What makes you think that is a statement that can label itself as either true or accurate? Even remotely?
Seriously - think about this. You make a statement that immediately, IMMEDIATELY exposes you as an untrustworthy source, unable to tell fact from fiction.

There is NO WAY ON THIS EARTH that you can think this statement is anything other than a deceitful attempt to give yourself a credential that you don’t possess. So it demonstrates that perhaps you have not got a good grasp of truth versus empty brag, or perhaps that you think it is honorable to “pad your resume,” or perhaps that you deal in all emotion and no fact and assume everyone else does as well.

It’s true that Trump uses this tool all the time. And what amazes me even more is that his fans hear it and think, “by god, he’s said a true thing, there! He does [a thing] more than any other person! For real!”

But when you say corruption, you only mean "corruption", as stuff people you support you won't admit do.

You support Trump, and he isn't allowed to run a charity anymore because of CORRUPTION.

What do you do in real life to fight this corruption you see everywhere?

What do you do in real life to fight this corruption you see everywhere?
He votes for fine upstanding citizens like DJ Trump, instead of avaricious, grifting serial liars like Nancy and Hillary.
That’s why we have corrupt government.

Last edited:
There’s a shortcut that would help RVonse “get there” regarding understanding why Thomas’ actions are corrupt; he could merely imagine that Sonia Sotomayor had done the exact same thing with the exact same “friend” on the exact same yacht.

There’s a shortcut that would help RVonse “get there” regarding understanding why Thomas’ actions are corrupt; he could merely imagine that Sonia Sotomayor had done the exact same thing with the exact same “friend” on the exact same yacht.

I dunno .... he doesn't seem to mind that his hero used to hang out on the Island with his buddy Jeffrey, but then again, I haven't heard him complain about President Clinton doing the same thing.

I dunno .... he doesn't seem to mind that his hero used to hang out on the Island with his buddy Jeffrey, but then again, I haven't heard him complain about President Clinton doing the same thing.

Maybe RVonse just cares more about consistency than anyone else in the world, ever.

Possibly, but I think it would help more if you just had Nancy Pelosi on Crow's superyacht and made him into a major donor to Democrats.

It may fall on deaf ears, but Roberts really needs to take this seriously, even though it comes from leaders of a different political party than the one he aligns himself with.

Democrats ask chief justice to investigate Clarence Thomas trips: ‘It is your duty’

The letter from the Democrats states that finance disclosure laws require top officials, including Supreme Court justices, to annually report these types of gifts. It said “limited” exceptions exist for the law to allow officials to “enjoy hospitality in the course of ordinary, personal friendships” but not for them to “hide from the public extravagant gifts by wealthy political interests.”

The signers said an investigation should look into who accompanied Thomas on these trips. They said they “have reason to believe” that Crow is connected to multiple groups that have filed amicus briefs to the court, but the public does not know if anyone else on these trips had interests connected to Thomas’ “official duties.”

They said they will urge Congress to act to “restore ethics and accountability” on the court if Roberts does not act. “It is well past time for the Supreme Court to align with the rest of government in a proper code of ethics enforced by independent investigation and reporting,” the letter states.

The threat is an empty one in the near term, because Republicans are almost certain to block any attempt at reforms while their party has supermajority control of the judicial branch.

Color me shocked!

If true, I'm sure it's just a harmless hobby. :rolleyes:

Okay, what I'm actually sure of is that conservative Americans, who think that your kids can catch gayness by reading a children's book about a bunny rabbit with two dads, will be adamant that collecting Hitler memorabilia and statues of great dictators is just a harmless hobby. Who but a violent Woke would see anything suspicious about a Hitler fetish? Or being best friends with someone who has one?

That would be a very fair way to compare this. But no, I don't think I would have a problem if Sonia went on vacation with a liberal billionaire. I would only see problem her accepting gifts, but no problem with fellowship with her rich friends.
Having someone pay your way on a very expensive trips is not merely going on a vacations with someone or spending time with friends. It is a big expensive gift that is unethical when it comes from a regulated entity or a political actor.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then we all know the SOROS! is flying all the librul justices around in his secret invisible chemtrail jet so the conservative graft out in the open is far better.

If it was just hanging around with friends then can they show an instance of Thomas paying for a trip, or hosting Crow at his place?

If it was just hanging around with friends then can they show an instance of Thomas paying for a trip, or hosting Crow at his place?
What now? The judge doesn't bribe the client, that's backwards.
No, I think the point is that if Clarence let his friend fly on his private jets and stay on his superyachts then it’d be clear it was an equal relationship. One wonders why he didn’t do that??

What now? The judge doesn't bribe the client, that's backwards.
No, I think the point is that if Clarence let his friend fly on his private jets and stay on his superyachts then it’d be clear it was an equal relationship. One wonders why he didn’t do that??
It's not supposed to be equal in that way. When you're bribing someone, the equality comes in the form of the amount of the bribe being equal to the weight of the risk they are taking to give you the corrupt results you want.

Back
Top Bottom