• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Clarence Thomas corruption

She seems nice.

And not too bright. Yeah, it's easy to knock the journalist for being deceptive, but for dog's sake if you're the spouse of one of the nine most powerful judges in the country - who have a long tradition of keeping their mouths shut and speaking through their rulings - you have to understand that you are a target of some people who do not wish you well. In addition, some of those people have been working for years to garner connections that allow them to bullshit their way into places where they are maybe not supposed to be. So when someone you've never met before shows up in one of these places with a microphone and starts talking to you like they're a friend...do I even need to finish the sentence?

Or maybe we've arrived at the point where Mrs. Alito - taking her cues from Mrs. Thomas - has simply decided to say the quiet part out loud, knowing that there will be no consequences.

Either way, we're fucked.

I'd gladly take his spot for half of what he gets paid. As a Supreme Court Justice, my goal would be to ensure that every walk of life (within reason) is protected and that no law infringes on our freedoms. After all, the purpose of the Supreme Court is to provide checks and balances on the government, and American culture is rooted in individualism, right?

Not this nonsense where the Supreme Court is used as a check and balance against their opponents (which currently seems to be the liberals).

I'd gladly take his spot for half of what he gets paid. As a Supreme Court Justice, my goal would be to ensure that every walk of life (within reason) is protected and that no law infringes on our freedoms. After all, the purpose of the Supreme Court is to provide checks and balances on the government, and American culture is rooted in individualism, right?

Not this nonsense where the Supreme Court is used as a check and balance against their opponents (which currently seems to be the liberals).
Unfortunately, you'd need to know a lot about Constitutional Law. You'd only get so far with the retort "But what about Marbury v Madison?" ;)

Unfortunately, you'd need to know a lot about Constitutional Law. You'd only get so far with the retort "But what about Marbury v Madison?" ;)
Considering the arguments and rulings of the conservatives on the court, I don't think knowledge of the Constitution is that much of a requirement.

Considering the arguments and rulings of the conservatives on the court, I don't think knowledge of the Constitution is that much of a requirement.
Not past precedent

Stop picking on poor Clarence.
psq3s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom