• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Classified documents and their location

Turns out, they found more documents, including - ironically - a laptop.

ABC News

Trump attorney James Trusty turned over the folder with classification markings to federal investigators, and also informed agents that it had been electronically copied to a laptop of a current Trump aide, the sources said.

ABC News has also learned that after the information was recovered, federal agents retrieved the laptop from the aide. The laptop was not retrieved on the Mar-a-Lago grounds, the sources said.

So not only was classified material taken from the White House, packed in an unsecured store room at a resort, but it was also copied and loaded onto a (probably unsecured) laptop of an aide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't go around transferring classified material to the laptop of someone who (probably) doesn't even have the proper clearance to look at it, let alone put it on a computer and possibly share it with...whomever.

ABC News

Trump attorney James Trusty turned over the folder with classification markings to federal investigators, and also informed agents that it had been electronically copied to a laptop of a current Trump aide, the sources said.

ABC News has also learned that after the information was recovered, federal agents retrieved the laptop from the aide. The laptop was not retrieved on the Mar-a-Lago grounds, the sources said.

So not only was classified material taken from the White House, packed in an unsecured store room at a resort, but it was also copied and loaded onto a (probably unsecured) laptop of an aide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't go around transferring classified material to the laptop of someone who (probably) doesn't even have the proper clearance to look at it, let alone put it on a computer and possibly share it with...whomever.
Can we just send him to Leavenworth and be done with this?

Apparently not. We can only wait to see what Garland permits Jack Smith to do. I'm thinking that the best place to incarcerate him would be Guantanamo. I don't think that inmates there are allowed to use Twitter.

ABC News

Unfortunately, no.

This has the potential to be anything from an embarrassing scandal all the way up to one of the most serious security breaches in US history. As the story notes, the FBI found several dozen EMPTY folders with classified markings at Mar A Lardo. We now know that at least the contents of one were "copied electronically" (some dumbass took a photo) to the laptop. Presumably the photos were made with a phone. That's another breach. Unless the phone and the laptop were encrypted, that information could be anywhere even if - even if - it wasn't shared with anyone on purpose.

I had a little security breach of my own in February of 2018. Identity thieves got a hold of enough of my information to set up a fake version of me at a house in Delaware and start charging stuff to my credit card. I locked that shit down immediately but still had fraudulent charges popping up almost 3 years later. If that can happen to me, then non-existent god only knows what could happen to a dumbass Trump aide walking around with a laptop (and a phone) worth of state secrets.

ABC News

Strictly against the espionage act. And this is one laptop. Could there be more?

ABC News

Strictly against the espionage act. And this is one laptop. Could there be more?

Forget laptops. The material is on a hard drive in a laptop. It could just as easily been transferred to other storage media, including USB drives and Russian data repositories via the internet.

Forget laptops. The material is on a hard drive in a laptop. It could just as easily been transferred to other storage media, including USB drives and Russian data repositories via the internet.
Are you crazy? Republicans have literally spent millions to poison the very word "laptop". This is like sinking a Russian flagship with a Russian missile! It used to mean Hunter Accusations, and now it's about Trump Crimes - exactly what they didn't need. Compromised information? Ha! Cheato was PRESIDENT for four years! Secret meetings with Putler and who knows who else.... documents schmockuments

Back
Top Bottom