• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

Well, this is something new! Mr. Swizzle makes a post on climate change in which he provides about a DOZEN complete sentences! Still not QUITE ready for submission to a journal, but it's a big improvement over his usual, repeating the same tired memes over and over: "Rapture-like rapture-like Santa Monica rapture-like."

You post propaganda created by activists. The last one you posted was junk.

Most of us link to research papers (or articles about papers) by actual scientists. It's not clear where you get your ideas.

Climate is variable. Just because you see some fluctuations does not mean an there is an apocalypse.

True enough! While severe fluctuations do not of themselves make an "apocalypse" -- and do start a thread in Elsewhere if you need help defining this emotion-laden word -- things really are scarier than many of us (not restricted to Deniers like yourself) understand. Edwards Air Force Base is experiencing temperatures higher than any recorded before 2024, but I assigned you that field trip just because it's a short drive from Santa Monica. High temperatures are being recorded all over the world. There have been major changes in ecology on land and sea, blamed on climate change.

Glaciers are disappearing faster than expected. Do you know about albedo feedback, @TSwizzle ?

The earth warms and cools in cycles and has done since forever. Man has very little impact on climate. This obsession with CO2 needs to stop.

The 24-hour cycle is the most obvious example of HUGE short-period temperature cycling! The 12-month cycle is also very big. In terms of their effects on temperature these cycles dwarf quasi-periodic cycles like the "Southern Oscillation" or the Schwabe sunspot cycle, let alone the three Milankovitch cycles. Wow! And that's before we even speak of APERIODIC changes. Guess what? Climate and its changes are COMPLICATED. (Most of you already know this, but I'm giving TSwizzle a chance to show off his knowledge before unhiding the Spoiler.)

Where @TSwizzle loses the plot is with APERIODIC changes. We've posted graphs for him over and over but to no avail. So I'll just throw out a meme word: Hockeystick! Where do you stand on the Hockeystick, Mr. Swiz? Corrupt climatologists scrounging for dimes? Feminist hussies trying to get elected to public office? Gates and Soros looking for more excuses to test their nanobots? Or is your grasp of the math term "periodic" so weak you consider the Hockeystick to be part of a "period"?

This is a sincere question. You brag about your superior knowledge but don't link to the peer-reviewed journals where you get your information.

Well, {snip uninteresting ramble}

It really is a religion for you and your ilk. The world will end if we do not repent for our CO2 sins.
The word will not end. After the asteroid strike in what is now Mexico the dinosaur and pants died out, evolution kicked in, and new fauna and flora evolved.

There are places in the Mid East that are becoming too hot for humans. Same with Texas.

The Florida gulf coast may not be sustainable in the future.

Islands are going under water.

Food production here in the USA is already being affected by higher temperatures.

As coral reefs die off small fish a the bottom of the food chain die off. Small fish are eaten buy food fislike tuna and salmon. Crabs and lobsters.

Everything is really connected.

Water supplies are in trouble.

Manny pieces taken together indicating a potential ecosystem wide failure. It is called a tipping point.
Bees and ants die out and the ecosystem is in trouble.

In the long run humans will survive but not likely as we do today.

In the natural environment organisms grow and propagator until they meet a predator or limits in the environment. Nothing grows without bounds.

Humanity has only two years left “to save the world” by making dramatic changes in the way it spews heat-trapping emissions and it has even less time to act to get the finances behind such a massive shift, the head of the United Nations climate agency said.

AP News

TWO YEARS TO SAVE THE WORLD!!!11!!!1!!!11!!!!

A rapture like cult.

A rapture like cult.

Is that all you have? The tired meme you've repeated ... more than once? 8-)

Did you invent that meme all by your lonesome? Or did you need help from the troll who sold you your "Brandon" meme?

Meanwhile as you admit yourself, you just "snipped" my post. I'll give you a second chance to show off your expertise:

Where @TSwizzle loses the plot is with APERIODIC changes. We've posted graphs for him over and over but to no avail. So I'll just throw out a meme word: Hockeystick! Where do you stand on the Hockeystick, Mr. Swiz? Corrupt climatologists scrounging for dimes? Feminist hussies trying to get elected to public office? Gates and Soros looking for more excuses to test their nanobots? Or is your grasp of the math term "periodic" so weak you consider the Hockeystick to be part of a "period"?

This is a sincere question. You brag about your superior knowledge but don't link to the peer-reviewed journals where you get your information.

Humanity has only two years left “to save the world” by making dramatic changes in the way it spews heat-trapping emissions and it has even less time to act to get the finances behind such a massive shift, the head of the United Nations climate agency said.

AP News

A rapture like cult.
A rapture like religious ignorance.

Repeat a simplistic phrase over and over to yourself until all conflicting thoughts fade, and you feel good just thing the phrase. Medical science tells us it simulates the feel good brain chemicals, endorphins. Serotonin. It is was turns people into obsessive shoppers, gamblers, and what makes Jesus followers feel good.

A rapture like cult...A rapture like cult...A rapture like cult...A rapture like cult.

or

Jesus...Jesus..Jesus...Jesus

AP News

A rapture like cult.

Two years to save the world. Give us more money and we can save the world in 18 months.

Joel Osteen-esq

It really is a religion.

It really is a religion.

Your climate change denialism is the real cult. You believe in a false narrative in the face of a mountain of SCIENTIFIC facts and well-supported models that have been going on for decades. You’re exactly like the Rapture Jesus cultists who believe that even if the world ends, Jesus will save them personally so there is nothing to worry about.

You really are a Rapture cultist, Jan.

AP News

A rapture like cult.

Two years to save the world. Give us more money and we can save the world in 18 months.

Joel Osteen-esq

It really is a religion.
You are a real trip as we used to say back in the day. A 'one trick pony'.

So far in all your posts you have not responded to any of the science we post, You respond with your mantra.

Lets strt with something simple. The issue of man made greenhouse gases aside, do you understand that the atmosphere is a greenhouse? It is part of what keeps our average surface temperature in most paces livable.

Basic science before clobal warming became an issue.

Do you accept or reject this basic since, the atmosphere is a greenhouse?

If we were to terraforming Mars we would have to introduce greenhouses gasses as part of an atmosphere.

Give us more money
Who exactly is "us"?

There are organizations and individuals - even publicly traded stocks - out there taking for money for all kinds of things that are utterly worthless. (See ticker symbol DJT) Billions in payments for laundering foreign money, purchasing the good will of a possible future president, paying for Trump's lawyers...
Why are you worried about someone asking for money that might do your progeny some good some day? Or are you the guy Shady Vance was talking about who "has no stake in the future of this country"? Or is it fear of being asked to change some beloved behavior?
Just wondering.

So far in all your posts you have not responded to any of the science we post

Not true. I ridiculed a "science" article that was posted just the other day.

The coming climate apocalypse narrative is fearmongering bullshit and very much a religious cult and also very political.

The coming climate apocalypse narrative is fearmongering bullshit and very much a religious cult and also very political.
Posting an article that you interpret as a refutation of climate change is not responding to posts.

I don't think any o us here are science experts, but we know enough to be able to filter through information and form our own conclusions.

I am weak in chemistry and chemical reactions in the atmosphere, but global warming is based in basic psychs. The greenhouse effect known well before global warming became an issue.

It is not fear mongering, although there are certainly climate activists who are over zealous.

Climate change is upon us, a measurable observable fact.

As I outlined earlier a lot of small things may combine in a future tipping point. Not today or next year.

Today Minnesotais looking at reseeding forests with trees that can tolerate higher temperatures.

Back in the 90s it was known Pacific coastal marine life is moving north to stay in a temperature zone.

Biological life cycles throughput the ecosystem are sensitive to temperature.

As somebody posted years back even in Congress the idea that the Earth and oceans were warming up was vigorously rejected by conservatives. Now the evidence is o0verwhemng and now few reject the idea of global warming.

Then it comes down to cause. All n astral causes have been ruled out. Greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere increased rapidly going back to the Industrial Revolution and large scale burnimng of coal. Increases in gasses over time correlate to temperature rise. Given no other natural causes it is conclusve.

I p-osted a lnk to NASA on the greenhous eeffect. Even without polution gases in the atmnspheer it acts just lke a glass greenhouse. Polutants increras the effect.

Venus' thick atmosphere traps heat creating a runaway greenhouse effect – making it the hottest planet in our solar system with surface temperatures hot enough to melt lead. The greenhouse effect makes Venus roughly 700°F (390°C) hotter than it would be without a greenhouse effect.

Last edited:

Don't worry man. Just like guns in America, you are going to win this one too.

I p-osted a lnk to NASA on the greenhous eeffect. Even without polution gases in the atmnspheer it acts just lke a glass greenhouse. Polutants increras the effect.

Venus' thick atmosphere traps heat creating a runaway greenhouse effect – making it the hottest planet in our solar system with surface temperatures hot enough to melt lead. The greenhouse effect makes Venus roughly 700°F (390°C) hotter than it would be without a greenhouse effect.

I already posted sometime back a link to a detailed NASA analysis of human-induced climate change. He completely ignored it, and then like the Rapture-like cultist that he is, whines that no one here posts science.

Posting an article that you interpret as a refutation of climate change is not responding to posts.

Jeezus, I am not refuting "climate change" I am refuting propaganda.

I don't think any o us here are science experts, but we know enough to be able to filter through information and form our own conclusions.

And yet you are so certain you will not tolerate dissent. That is religion.

Back
Top Bottom