• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Climate Change(d)?

Discussion regarding the impact of carbon in the atmosphere causing problems dates back to the 19th century. And the last 50 years has shown the Earth has warmed. And the weather is getting different. And the climate has modified.

But it's all a cult, because disputing data is harder.
The last line was interesting" centuries "
Interesting only because it was so naive about how much this would accelerate.
Nobody prior to the two World Wars could have reasonably predicted the rate of increase in industrial production worldwide that those wars stimulated.

With 1912 levels of fossil fuel use, we would still be centuries away from the current atmospheric carbon dioxide level.

Motorised transport and aeroplanes were both toys for rich kids in 1912; As was domestic electricity.

'London Fog' caused by high rates of burning coal. There was speculation in the 19th century on long term effects of air solution.

London always had air pollution problems from coal but this one was the worse.

The industrial revolution was started by improved water pump in mines creating a surplus of coal. The surplus energy led to migration to cites to support jobs needed for growing industries. Industrial and home coal burning.

Local air pollution and water pollution existed form the start and it would not be a great leap to project the future.

Cars led to the growth of cities like La with corresponding air pollution.

Looks like twizzle may have been recalled to the mother ship.

'London Fog' caused by high rates of burning coal. There was speculation in the 19th century on long term effects of air solution.

London always had air pollution problems from coal but this one was the worse.

The industrial revolution was started by improved water pump in mines creating a surplus of coal. The surplus energy led to migration to cites to support jobs needed for growing industries. Industrial and home coal burning.

Local air pollution and water pollution existed form the start and it would not be a great leap to project the future.

Cars led to the growth of cities like La with corresponding air pollution.
The immediate pollution issue during the Great Smog wasn't relevant to climate change though - the big killer was Sulphur Dioxide, which actually has a powerful cooling effect on climate - burning a teaspoonful of sulphur has a cooling effect in the short term that cancels the heating effect of burning an entire railway wagon full of coal.

The Sulphur Dioxide doesn't last long in the atmosphere though, as it is highly soluble in water and gets rained out very quickly. Adding SO2 to the stratosphere has been suggested as a geo-engineering approach to combating climate change, but this would require continuous replenishment to be effective, and would likely have other deleterious environmental impacts.

This is funny. Generally doomsday preppers are the subject of ridicule bit Teh Gruaniad lionize it when it’s in the name of a “climate apocalypse”;

Change is coming’: Meet the Englishman prepping for climate apocalypse in an old German barracks

At his remote woodland home, Ben Green is trying to stay positive about a collapse of the food supply
Teh Gruaniad

An end of times, rapture like cult.

This is funny. Generally doomsday preppers are the subject of ridicule bit Teh Gruaniad lionize it when it’s in the name of a “climate apocalypse”;

Change is coming’: Meet the Englishman prepping for climate apocalypse in an old German barracks

At his remote woodland home, Ben Green is trying to stay positive about a collapse of the food supply
Teh Gruaniad

See post 917.

Again do you think endlessly venting auto and industrial polutants into our finite volume of atmosphere is a good thing? The quetion goes to personal honesty.

Teh Gruaniad

Cult yes. I remember raking leaves in NE Ohio BEFORE election day. Now, I'm raking the leaves in December.

Can't help but think of that "rapture like cult" thinking nothing has changed.

Just had a cluster of 1000-yr exceedance storms. Nothing happening.

All the evidence available to us tells us that a certain poster who has been crapping on this thread is not interested in talking about facts and ideas - he is here merely to parrot a certain mantra that is both inflammatory and hilariously uninformed. I wouldn't expect this poster to change his ways and suddenly start making sense any more than I would expect Mr. Trump to suddenly develop the ability to put together complete, coherent sentences when giving speeches. Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.

Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.
My cat has written a heart wrenching and powerful piece on the devastation wrought by China's cultural revolution:

Mao

Mao, Mao.

Mao, Mao, Mao.

Mao.

Of course, for the full emotional impact, it's best viewed as a performance piece, wherein the artist recites her work while standing next to an empty food bowl, symbolising the mass starvation that was engendered by these reforms.

I know be a stretch here.

However we do kno there are foreign agents who abuse our free speech seeking to stoke divisions.

How else would you describe it if not an end of times cult;

A disaster 'larger than any in world history' is coming for California. It's not an earthquake. A new study says that as the Earth warms, a massive California flood gets more likely — one that would swamp Los Angeles, displace millions and cause historic damage.

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news, insufferable prick Newsom is likely to defer closing CA nuclear power plant.

From the same article;

"Megadrought" may be the main weather concern across the West right now amid the constant threat of wildfires and earthquakes. But a new study warns another crisis is looming in California: "Megafloods."

Mega this, mega that. Megafloods people!!!11!!11!! ffs, who takes this crap seriously? But wait, there’s more;

The study expands upon the 2010 "ArkStorm scenario," which is named after the atmospheric rivers that would fuel the flood – one of biblical proportions. This is the first part of a plan to revisit to that scenario, known as ArkStorm 2.0.

“Ark”, “Biblical proportions”, uh-huh, yup, it’s a religion. An end of times, rapture like cult.

All the evidence available to us tells us that a certain poster who has been crapping on this thread is not interested in talking about facts and ideas - he is here merely to parrot a certain mantra that is both inflammatory and hilariously uninformed. I wouldn't expect this poster to change his ways and suddenly start making sense any more than I would expect Mr. Trump to suddenly develop the ability to put together complete, coherent sentences when giving speeches. Trying to engage this person in debate is about as futile as trying to get my cat to write poetry.
And, that is exactly why it would be best to skip over such mindless posts that ignore all kinds of evidence, but appear to love receiving what those of us who have lived with parrots, refer to as "drama rewards".

A disaster 'larger than any in world history' is coming for California. It's not an earthquake. A new study says that as the Earth warms, a massive California flood gets more likely — one that would swamp Los Angeles, displace millions and cause historic damage.

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news, insufferable prick Newsom is likely to defer closing CA nuclear power plant.
In other news there are reports that Sean Hannity and Donald Trump had a homosexual relationship. It explains why Trump gave Hannity a private office in the White House. It also exlpains why Trump and his wife had separate bedrooms.

It explains Trump's support. Trump's male followers tend to be latent homosexuals who have a sexual attraction to Trump.

I;m not anti gay, but it appears another case of homophobic conservatives in the closet.

I;m not anti gay, but it appears another case of homophobic conservatives in the closet.

Closet? I thought it was all out in the open, like the fact that MTG is a she-male in a relationship with Lauren Bobblehead.
Hawley, Gaetz and Trump’s threesome is old news, and of little interest to anyone outside the Meadows/Graham/Cruz circle jerk.
So, wtf do you have your panties in a wad about?

USA

A rapture like cult.

In other news there are reports that Sean Hannity and Donald Trump had a homosexual relationship. It explains why Trump gave Hannity a private office in the White House. It also exlpains why Trump and his wife had separate bedrooms.

It explains Trump's support. Trump's male followers tend to be latent homosexuals who have a sexual attraction to Trump.

Sean Hannity is homophobic? Evidence? Or are you perhaps confusing him with his liberal counterpart on MSNBC, Joy Reid? Don't recall any homophobic evidence evidence regarding Trump either, but feel free to show us what you got.

USA

A rapture like cult.

Sean Hannity is homophobic? Evidence? Or are you perhaps confusing him with his liberal counterpart on MSNBC, Joy Reid? Don't recall any homophobic evidence evidence regarding Trump either, but feel free to show us what you got.
Sarcasm directed at what appears to be a believer in FOX rhetoric and the like

Ingraham called the global popularity of the young Greta Thunberg climate activist a cult and mentally ill. FOX actually appologized on this one, a rare occirence.

Tswizzle is simply parroting what Ingraham first coined.

As an independent centrist the right and left can be equally wacky and unrealistic. A critique of Hannity and his lack of ethics and media in general would be off topic and for a political thread.

I will say Hannity new who he who he was promoting in Trump but does it anyway because it makes money for him. Same in general on climate change and FOX. They are not stupid, maybe with a few exceptions. They know the reality of climate chnage yet demonize activisrsand promte fake news related to climnte.

Back
Top Bottom