• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Columbia University is colluding with the far-right in its attack on students

If these students want to do something helpful, they can donate to one of the organizations that are giving aide to the Palestinians.
Biden was doing NOTHING to help Palestinians or "restrain" Netanyahu until his swing states fell into question due to protests over this issue. Protests don't do anything? Bullshit! Bullshit pie on toast! Protests have already saved thousands of innocent lives in this war by scaring Biden and by extension scaring Israel into loosening its grip from the fullscale ethnic cleansing that characterized their October and November campaigns.

What fucking good is it to fund "aid" if no one is allowed into the country to distribute it, and open fire is allowed against aid convoys and refugee trains? If I shot you in the gut and raped your kid, would you forgive me as long as I then threw some bandages on the ground a few feet away and told you to crawl over and get them?

If Biden isn't scared of the consequences of backing Israel, people will die in large numbers. And news footage of his people roughing up minorities to defend his policies is the only thing that makes him nervous in that way. Theu can squelch most footage from Gaza, they can't keep the cameras away from the MI governor's mansion or the campus of UCLA.

If these students want to do something helpful, they can donate to one of the organizations that are giving aide to the Palestinians.
Biden was doing NOTHING to help Palestinians or "restrain" Netanyahu until his swing states fell into question due to protests over this issue. Protests don't do anything? Bullshit! Bullshit pie on toast! Protests have already saved thousands of innocent lives in this war by scaring Biden and by extension scaring Israel into loosening its grip from the fullscale ethnic cleansing that characterized their October and November campaigns.

What fucking good is it to fund "aid" if no one is allowed into the country to distribute it, and open fire is allowed against aid convoys and refugee trains? If I shot you in the gut and raped your kid, would you forgive me as long as I then threw some bandages on the ground a few feet away and told you to crawl over and get them?

If Biden isn't scared of the consequences of backing Israel, people will die in large numbers. And news footage of his people roughing up minorities to defend his policies is the only thing that makes him nervous in that way. Theu can squelch most footage from Gaza, they can't keep the cameras away from the MI governor's mansion or the campus of UCLA.
He did nothing? Do you have an internal source inside the Biden cabinet that reported this?

Biden was doing NOTHING to help Palestinians or "restrain" Netanyahu until his swing states fell into question due to protests over this issue. Protests don't do anything? Bullshit!
Suppose Biden appeased the protesters by cutting off aid to Israel and abstaining from support in the UN?
What do you think would happen?

I think Israeli hardliners would step up the military assaults on Palestinians, especially Gazans. At the moment, one of the few brakes on Likud is US public opinions. If we stopped supporting Israeli defense and survival, Zionists would have no particular reason to avoid bombing Gaza into uninhabitable rubble, regardless of casualties.
Tom

Biden was doing NOTHING to help Palestinians or "restrain" Netanyahu until his swing states fell into question due to protests over this issue.
Christ! He and the western countries gave Israel a limited blank check after the October 7th massacre. Once Israel squandered it, and it became apparent Netanyahu had no plan and was potentially looking at annexing Gaza, most other nations started asking questions and the US then started asking questions.

Much like the W Admin, Netanyahu squandered what was provided to him for very little security gain. Protests had much less to do with it. The current protests aren't doing shit.

He did nothing? Do you have an internal source inside the Biden cabinet that reported this?
Anything done secretly and ineffectively is irrelevant to the outcome. If a person's public position was uncritical endorsement, I do not give a flying shit what their private reservations were. I'm sure historians will be most interested, though.

Anything done secretly and ineffectively is irrelevant to the outcome. If a person's public position was uncritical endorsement, I do not give a flying shit what their private reservations were. I'm sure historians will be most interested, though.
It wasn't uncritical. Biden and Western Support for Israel was wide open turned nuanced. It wasn't protests doing that, it was the conditions on the ground and a reaction to just how shitty of a response the IDF was waging.

Christ! He and the western countries gave Israel a limited blank check after the October 7th massacre.
Unlimited? Hardly! US is even pressuring Israel not to go into Rafah, even though there are several Hamas batallions there. Even though that's where Yahya Sinwar is hiding out.
US is also pressuring Israel into a rotten ceasefire deal where >1000 Palestinian terrorists are released for <40 Israeli hostages.
Unlimited, my ass!

Christ! He and the western countries gave Israel a limited blank check after the October 7th massacre.
I remember. It didn't work, and emboldened one of the worst acts of ethnic cleansing to be enacted with American arms and support in the past fifty years. If he was too stupid to know this was the outcome, when Israel was all but bragging that it would be, that is not an adequate defense of his actions. The "leader of the free world" - and all but unchecked executive leader of the world's largest military alliances - cannot afford stupidity, naivete, or madness. But if that's what we've got to work with, Americans have no choice but to take governance into our own hands from time to time. You all keep trying to shit on me for only giving conditional support to Biden, by scaring me with tales of how much worse it will be under Trump. But who do you think will be restraining Trump? Are a bunch of finger-waggling boomers going to roll themselves down to the capital and quietly, peacefully wave signs at him from a cordoned off "free speech" zone? Ooh, I'm sure that will make him quake in his boots! Dictators are terrified of geriatric sign wavers hidden away in an alley two blocks from the Capitol, well known fact!

No, your fundamental freedoms are now in the hands of those few but important people who are wlling to take real risks to defend them. And those are the very same "clueless" young Progressives who your Party is currently colluding with the forces of the far right and their police and Guard allies to prosecute, subjecting them to violence, arrest, and chemical weaponry while the cameras roll and bashful politicians say as little as possible. Trump won't even have to do anything himself, if his principal opposition is already imprisoned by the time he takes office, all he needs to do is keep them there. Good job, "moderates"!

Last edited:
Or Dearborn, MI where Muslim and Arab protesters are chanting "Death to America".

Columbia students barricading themselves (link is via Wash-Po). This is going in the wrong direction. Instead of treating these people like adults and expecting them to act reasoned, the campus seems to have fucked up. The students are acting like the children they were treated like.
They should be treated like adults. That means arresting them and pressing charges.
What is more likely is that the invertebrate administrators will cave to the extremists like they did in the 60s.

I remember. It didn't work, and emboldened one of the worst acts of ethnic cleansing to be enacted with American arms and support in the past fifty years.
Worst acts of ethnic cleansing? We aren't remotely close to Iraq numbers yet. Or does sectarian violence not count?

Israel was struck by a massive attack. In general, most nations try to let the locals manage the response. This wasn't an unusual thing. When it became apparent that there was little plan and potentially an attempt to seize Gaza, brakes were applied.

Unlimited? Hardly! US is even pressuring Israel not to go into Rafah, even though there are several Hamas batallions there. Even though that's where Yahya Sinwar is hiding out.
US is also pressuring Israel into a rotten ceasefire deal where >1000 Palestinian terrorists are released for <40 Israeli hostages.
Unlimited, my ass!
Reading comprehension is fundamental - the blank check was after 10/7. It was afterwards that restrictions and pressure was applied which is clear from reading Jh's posts.
Columbia students barricading themselves (link is via Wash-Po). This is going in the wrong direction. Instead of treating these people like adults and expecting them to act reasoned, the campus seems to have fucked up. The students are acting like the children they were treated like.
They should be treated like adults. That means arresting them and pressing charges.
What is more likely is that the invertebrate administrators will cave to the extremists like they did in the 60s.
That is what exacerbated the situation in the first place. Arresting people engaged in peaceful protest is not acting like a responsible adult but more like an authoritarian jackass.

The semester is almost over. If they had been ignored, the protesters most likely would have dispersed once the semester ended. But now, there is more protests popping up in solidarity all over the place.

There is no evidence that it was "skunk". Why do you think he "probably lied"?
Seriously asking that question. You thinj everyone else lies.
Huh? I am seriously asking that question. There is no evidence it was Skunk. Skunk is much harder to get than gag fart spray.
So what evidence is there?
There is no evidence of either type of spray other than what some people have said. Yet here you are taking the word of the alleged assailant.

"We set up tents ... like in several U.S. universities," Sorbonne student Louis Maziere said. "We're doing all we can to raise awareness about what is happening in Palestine, about the ongoing genocide in Gaza."
There is no "genocide" in Gaza. There was attempted genocide in 10/7.
These anti-Israel protesters always ignore the fact that this war was started by Gaza, not Israel.
"Police then came running in, brought down tents, grabbed students by the collar and dragged them on the ground, that's not OK... We're quite shocked," he said.
Good for the French police!
French of all people should know about getting attack by your neighbors. They were attacked by Germany twice in the last century, and also in late 19th century.

Things that people that don't have children say?
At this point? They can't cave. The protestors want ridiculous things. To me, it is time to turn attention away from the protest. They want the building, they can have it.

I remember. It didn't work, and emboldened one of the worst acts of ethnic cleansing to be enacted with American arms and support in the past fifty years.
Ethnic cleansing my butt.
If Israel stopped caring about US opinions they could triple the number of dead Gazans (militants and shields) in a month.

There's no ethnic cleansing going on in Gaza. Hamas has lost a tiny fraction of their human shields. Hamas lead Gazans could end the whole debacle, but they prefer not to do so.
Tom

Unlimited, my ass!
Yes, ummm.... please re-read my post.

Reading comprehension is fundamental - the blank check was after 10/7. It was afterwards that restrictions and pressure was applied which is clear from reading Jh's posts.
It never was a blank check. But it is true that Biden has reneged on his commitment to allowing and helping Israel to destroy Hamas.
That US is pressuring Israel not to go into Rafah is shameful! Especially since it comes out of cowardice and in order to appease the Michigan "death to America" crowd.
That is what exacerbated the situation in the first place. Arresting people engaged in peaceful protest is not acting like a responsible adult but more like an authoritarian jackass.
Occupying an area that does not belong to you and that you are not welcome in is not peaceful. It is trespassing, and if you refuse to leave, you may be arrested. It's not being an "authoritarian jackass" and more than Capitol Police were authoritarian jackasses for arresting those who trespassed in the US Congress on 1/6.
Btw, I thought these people claim to be against occupation. :rolleyesa:

Ethnic cleansing my butt.
If Israel stopped caring about US opinions they could triple the number of dead Gazans (militants and shields) in a month.

There's no ethnic cleansing going on in Gaza. Hamas has lost a tiny fraction of their human shields. Hamas lead Gazans could end the whole debacle, but they prefer not to do so.
Tom
Ethnic cleansing means getting the targeted people to leave. It doesn't matter how - death or movement. There is plenty of death in Gaza - direct from IDF attacks and indirect from disease and starvation. And if people were easier to leave Gaza, I'd suspect there'd be a larger exodus.

So, yeah, it pretty much looks like ethnic cleansing.

Back
Top Bottom