• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consciousness

how about yours? I'm familiar with some scientific studies of depression but your study I'm completely unfamiliar with

You claimed there were studies presented here so important I was foolish to ignore them.

But you can't name one.

And say why it is important.

Interesting.

Yes there is a study performed any time a doctor looks at an image of brain activity with the intent of forming an opinion whether a person is depressed or not, and laymen can study too
But I rather know what study you performed that causes your delusion

Yes there is a study performed any time a doctor looks at an image of brain activity with the intent of forming an opinion whether a person is depressed or not, and laymen can study too
But I rather know what study you performed that causes your delusion

Explain the study objectively and I'll discuss the findings.

Well the doctors look at the image and see a pattern, and laymen do that too

Well the doctors look at the image and see a pattern

This is a study?

OK.

Well doctors were wrong more than they were right.
Yeah and its up to you to provide evidence of your claim if you expect anybody else to believe you
Or you can continue to be immature and call people names because you like to deride people for no good reason
I get your reasoning that doctors have been wrong but what is your evidence that depression is not brain behavior evidenced by a brain scan

This is a study?

OK.

Well doctors were wrong more than they were right.
Yeah and its up to you to provide evidence of your claim if you expect anybody else to believe you
Or you can continue to be immature and call people names because you like to deride people for no good reason

First you claim I am ignoring all these great studies.

I asked if you had one study on the topic of consciousness.

You off handedly mentioned a few scattered details of possibly some study.

And you see this as MY shortcoming?

I do come here for the laughs.

I gave you an example study and you rejected in the premise that doctors have been wrong, its not like I am dealing with an intellectual but what specific evidence do you have in order to doubt that doctors are looking a brain scans and doing a study every day, that they can see a pattern and say that depression is present
I find no reason to entertain your ideas, somehow you do though
it is funny though watching you change character from post to post, not that you haven't been consistently ignorant

I gave you an example study and you rejected in the premise that doctors have been wrong, its not like I am dealing with an intellectual but what specific evidence do you have in order to doubt that doctors are looking a brain scans and doing a study every day, that they can see a pattern and say that depression is present
it is funny though watching you change character from post to post, not that you haven't been consistently ignorant

Giving a study is giving the specifics in a specific study.

And also proving a link to the study.

the validity of the study is not dependent whether there is a url for it
you can observe the study your self in person and you can conduct the study yourself by looking at brain scan images
depression is a is recorded as pattern via a bran scan image
here is a doctor performing a study of brain activity
Doctor-studying-an-MRI-scan-of-the-Brain.jpg

you can observe the study your self in person and you can conduct the study yourself by looking at brain scan images

You are embarrassing yourself.

Those are MRI images.

They show anatomy, not activity.

He's pointing to some anatomical abnormality.

You are embarrassing yourself.

Those are MRI images.

They show anatomy, not activity.

He's pointing to some anatomical abnormality.
so I need to post a picture or link to a doctor specifically looking at depress person's brain scan images?
that is a little juvenile

so I need to post a picture or link to a doctor specifically looking at depress person's brain scan images?

Do you have a study?

If I showed a picture of an MRI and said it was a picture of brain activity I would be too embarrassed to come back.

You have no understanding of any of this.

Do you have a study?

If I showed a picture of an MRI and said it was a picture of brain activity I would be too embarrassed to come back.

your right, I am unable to solicit why you don't believe that brain's are responsible for thought and motor control

Do you have a study?

your right, I am unable to solicit why you don't believe that brain's are responsible for thought and motor control

There are thoughts and there is a consciousness that decides which thoughts are important and which are not.

A thought is not consciousness.

The thing aware of the thought is.

There are thoughts and there is a consciousness that decides which thoughts are important and which are not.

what thing?
sometimes it happens to be a human with a brain, if that's not what you are talking about then what are you talking about.. it seems irrelevant your discussion on fantasy

what thing?

Exactly.

What is it aware of the thought?

If there is awareness of the thought there must be something capable of experiencing thoughts.

Saying it is "the human" is simpleminded nonsense.

Exactly.

What is it aware of the thought?

If there is awareness of the thought there must be something capable of experiencing thoughts.

Saying it is "the human" is simpleminded nonsense.
yes that is why i alluded to the brain they have

Saying it is "the brain" is just as simpleminded.

Nothing understood about the brain would result in consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom