• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Consciousness

Same goes for filters.

Filters?

You mean like a fish tank?

Fish don't use tanks; the water corrodes the armour plating and damages the ammunition for the main armament. Tracked vehicles are also generally impractical in a marine environment, where the enemy can easily occupy the entire height of the water column, and the seabed is riddled with deep pockets of soft silt.

Not an unsubstantiated claim sir. Here is a cute example generated through the use of an AFSC electronic translator of Russian activities circa 1963 with mathematical electronic computations including solving differential equation using analog computing methods.

Electronic Analog Computers with their Applications for Investigation of Automatic Control Systems https://talkfreethought.org/showthread.php?10432-Consciousness&p=457343#post457343

... and here are two references on the topic.

Analog Computers,  Ship Gun fire control system

Me? I worked with both a Mark 56 GFCS and a Mark 86 MFCS computer whilst in the Navy.

You're posting here with no knowledge, little information, and almost no reasoning. RU a Bot untermenche?

Just for the fun of it, I build an analog computer to run my dissertation experiments off an analog random number generator which was a component in the digital computer in which the tapes I generated were sequentially presented through the analog computer. That computer consisted of steppers driving three orthogonal placed pistons using a hydraulic system located in the lab controlling the movement of a speaker in an darkened Anechoic room. Signals arerived at the observer isolated from other cues through suspension in a chair.

Observer responses were transmitted back to the digital computer and collected in a digital table for each session which then were later run through UCLA's Statistical analysis package.

Looks like all kinds of "programming".

Why are you wasting my time with it?

Why are you wasting your own time? We have no power over how you spend your time. It can be said that you appear to get a kick out of asserting unfounded beliefs and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

So wasting time shouldn't be an issue for an expert in the field.

Looks like all kinds of "programming".

Why are you wasting my time with it?

Why are you wasting your own time? We have no power over how you spend your time. It can be said that you appear to get a kick out of asserting unfounded beliefs and ignoring all evidence to the contrary.

What point were we discussing before you rudely interrupted here with no point at all?

What point were we discussing before you rudely interrupted here with no point at all?

Rudeness? There's irony for you. ;)

So, after 289 pages in this thread alone, not to mention other threads, have you actually managed come up with evidence to support your autonomous consciousness idea? No, you have not. Not a bit, nothing, zilch, zip, nada, You just repeat your ''I can lift my arm at will,'' meanwhile ignoring the fact that the brain is forming the experience of you, you will and you raising your arm at will in response to some internal prompt. The whole conscious production being the work of the brain.

Rudeness? There's irony for you. ;)

I am rude in response to rudeness.

You don't seem to understand the topic we were discussing yet felt some need to interrupt.

It's not me making absurd claims that can't be supported, It's not me who ignores research, evidence and what researchers are saying.....so it's not me who doesn't understand the subject matter. Plus, you are rude toward your opponents whenever you feel frustrated by your inability to provide a rational argument to support your claim of autonomy of consciousness....which happens quite regularly.

I am rude in response to rudeness.

You don't seem to understand the topic we were discussing yet felt some need to interrupt.

It's not me making absurd claims that can't be supported, It's not me who ignores research, evidence and what researchers are saying.....so it's not me who doesn't understand the subject matter. Plus, you are rude toward your opponents whenever you feel frustrated by your inability to provide a rational argument to support your claim of autonomy of consciousness....which happens quite regularly.

I am rude when other people are rude. I am not frustrated in the least. Your position is absurd and based on nothing more than the timing of human guesses about something in the mind.

Nothing absurd about claiming a person can do "something" in their "mind" and move their arm.

What is absurd is a person claiming they can't.

Programming is a deterministic process leading to a determined product preoducing determined outcomes.

Programming can allow for decision.

If we are talking about a decision made by a living person there are countless factors involved. Including ideas.

There is no evidence a brain knows what an idea is.

It is possible only a consciousness has access to them.

It is possible, and likely, the brain makes them only for consciousness and not itself.

What is it about determined you don't understand?

What you described as a decision is foretold. That's determinism.

What you're talking about is flying spaghetti monsters.

What is it about ideas you don't understand?

Are the things you believe true or are they just determined contingencies?

Did you ever once use your mind to put together ideas?

If they are not true and just determined what is all your huffing?

I am rude when other people are rude. I am not frustrated in the least. Your position is absurd and based on nothing more than the timing of human guesses about something in the mind.

Nothing absurd about claiming a person can do "something" in their "mind" and move their arm.

You have been rude towards everyone who has disagreed with your beliefs. Even when your opponents were merely pointing out the errors in your claims.

You see, that kind of remark ignores everything I have said about brain agency, including all that I have provided in the way of experiments, evidence and analysis by the researchers themselves.

You don't respond to what your opponents actually say. You respond to your own version, whatever suits your own beliefs.

That's the real absurdity.

You see, that kind of remark ignores everything I have said about brain agency, including all that I have provided in the way of experiments, evidence and analysis by the researchers themselves....

BULLSHIT!!!!

You had your chance to defend the research and we found it was nothing more than the timing of human guesses.

Instead of apologizing as a decent human would you just ignore this fact that totally destroys your absurd position.

You have nothing. You offer nothing. You stopped providing anything of use long ago.

You are a broken record fixated on bad arguments that have been shown to be bad arguments.

You deny a person can will their arm to move.

You deny clear facts.

There is nothing more to discuss with you. You have been done for a long time.

I only even respond to you as a courtesy.

untermenche whined

If they are not true and just determined what is all your huffing?

kzhoctz.

About all scientists do is inform self types in the finer points of determinism.

You're living in some bizarre dream world where ideas are impenetrable. A dog too old to learn anything new.

You have not demonstrated anything.

You have the timing of human guesses and nothing else.

Why you prance and huff is anybodies guess.

Maybe we should time that one.

Back
Top Bottom