• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Convenience store offers $50k for Kathy Griffin's head

That's crazy. People are crazy.

What Kathy Griffin did crossed some boundaries of decency and acceptability. I'd cringed badly when I'd Googled the controversial picture.

However, this advertisement is an outright call to savagery. What if some crazy person takes this speech as an invitation to really behead her?

Certainly, any contract that contemplates illegality is void and cannot be enforced. And placing a literal bounty on her head is not free speech, because the ad is advocating lawless action when we know such can be taken as incitement to literally commit "imminent lawless action" and may even be likely to produce that action. So, not protected speech.

Peace.

The US is littered with insane people.

If somebody supports Trump they are basically a different species.

Unreachable with reason.

Well, that's the right for ya. Take some low brow behavior and positively knuckle drag that shit to see how low you can really go. I thought the right was recently very concerned about free speech? Doesn't that apply to leftist comics or just right wing low brow has been authors?

This is clearly over the bounds of free speech, if it is actually putting a real bounty on somebody for their death. Griffin herself did something tasteless that approaches the bounds of free speech, as it could be seen as encouraging somebody to kill Trump, but at least she didn't put a bounty on the guy.

This is clearly over the bounds of free speech, if it is actually putting a real bounty on somebody for their death. Griffin herself did something tasteless that approaches the bounds of free speech, as it could be seen as encouraging somebody to kill Trump, but at least she didn't put a bounty on the guy.

The bloody Trump head was not tasteless.

The problem is: What is the point?

What is the joke?

What is she trying to say?

I'm all for free speech. But that is for people saying something.

I'd like to further add that if accused, the store owner can always just say "I was just kidding!" and indeed, he/she just might have been, dunno hard to say. In either case, nobody should see this sign as a reason to actually kill Kathy.

I don't think the average convenience store is profitable enough that the owner would have a spare $50K sitting around for a bounty

I don't think the average convenience store is profitable enough that the owner would have a spare $50K sitting around for a bounty

I dunno, I have seen convenience stores with some crazy prices.

$50k for a bounty seems a touch implausible, but perhaps for a multi-pack?

Bounty.jpg

If I was a rich man, I'd pay Kathy Griffin $50,000 to shut down her so-called "comedy" career. She is not funny!

Well, seeing as $50,000 could probably get you into a short meeting with her, I'd say there are enough people who disagree.

If I was a rich man, I'd pay Kathy Griffin $50,000 to shut down her so-called "comedy" career. She is not funny!

Well, seeing as $50,000 could probably get you into a short meeting with her, I'd say there are enough people who disagree.

Frankly I'd rather make that offer to Amy Schumer....With the understanding that it'd be delivered to her in a sack upside her stupid fat face.

The problem is: What is the point?

What is the joke?

What is she trying to say?

I'm all for free speech. But that is for people saying something.

As I understand it, the photo was a still from a short video that was done with a meme-type commentary written at the bottom about how Trump grabs pussies and mocks the handicapped. That was the message.

We don't like what Kathy Griffin did - so let's be just like her.
Boy, will that store owner be in trouble when a person comes with her head and expects to be paid, because seriously, what do you think happens to you​ if the person already was willing to chop off one head and you don't have the money?

Dude, Adam Sandler has a ton more exposure and seriously much less funny than her. Your priorities are just crap.

I had a work buddy many years ago who's brother bought a convenience store. The money making potential was quite great, especially if you got a liquor license.

Back
Top Bottom