• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cop killer's widow says he should have killed more cops

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Pretty disgusting.
Cop killer’s widow rages: He should’ve killed more cops

Also their neighbors set up a shrine glorifying the thug.
The so-called "black community" will not advance until they stop glorifying violent crimes, especially violence against the police. But I bet neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson will condemn this community response to the murder of the police officer. I mean, Mumia Abu Jamal (who murdered a police officer in 1982) is still viewed as a hero among many.

I know liberals don't like to talk about it, but there are blacks who hate whitey. I know data is better than a personal anecdote, but all I have is my experience. My father was a minister and went to an intercity church in Detroit. It was an older community that was at one time all white, but the blacks had been moving in and the whites were going to the suburbs. The church was a 50/50 mix of white and black. My dad the idealist was working on a PhD thesis on how the church could be used to overcome racism.

I got beat up at school for being white and my parents had to move me to a private school.

To make a long story short the blacks had no interest in living in harmony with the white members of the church. They wanted a black minister and they drove out the white members of the church. My father abandoned his PhD thesis and the family moved on.

Good ole NY Post.

First words in the article, "The widow of the thug..." The article is quite messy as well.
article said:
“He was a baby. My baby,” said the stepdad, who raised the slain hero from age 9.

Just recently, he’d asked the young cop if he feared dying on the street. “Well,” the officer replied, “at least if something happened to me, being a cop, at least I go for a good cause.”

“What kind of society do we live in where memorializing a violent murderer is acceptable?” said police-union leaders Officer Carmine Disbrow and Sgt. Robert Kearns in a joint statement,
Who is the "he" in the second paragraph quoted above and what is the source of that dialogue?

The quotes from Campbell definitely sound like she is such a winner. But her quotes are also peppered without giving much detail into the context and when they were given. The allegation that they called an ambulance for the murdered officer, but not the shooter is a bit comical.

However, with such a shoddy article, it appears very hard to take the claims of him being heralded as a hero without a large chunk of salt. The NY Post is an absolute rag.

The first time i heard her quoted, she said "he should have killed more cops
if they were planning on killing him."
If it's her perception that they just decided to execute him, then wishing he'd taken a few down with him is a bit more understandable than just a general hope for cops to be dead.

Can't imagine why the media would truncate her quote that way....?

The first time i heard her quoted, she said "he should have killed more cops
if they were planning on killing him."
If it's her perception that they just decided to execute him, then wishing he'd taken a few down with him is a bit more understandable than just a general hope for cops to be dead.
It is he who decided to execute the police officer. After that, you can't really blame the police for not treating the murderous thug with kid gloves.
It contains the relevant portion.

However, with such a shoddy article, it appears very hard to take the claims of him being heralded as a hero without a large chunk of salt. The NY Post is an absolute rag.
Her words are a fact. The shrine with statements like "thug in peace" are a fact. I agree that the post is a rag, but the problem is that other outlets shy away from politically incorrect stories. Sure, Trayvon could be front page news for a year, but if a black thug executes a "white hispanic" cop that gets swept under the rug.

I guess this quote was missed by Derec:

Linked Article said:
Campbell later tried to take back some of her words, saying, “I do apologize. I was very angry.”

So a grieving widow says some shocking things that she later regrets. I am shocked I tell you.

I also like the NY Post's less than charitable wording with that quote "tried to take back". Sounds to me like she was taking back those words, but the NY Post does not want to let her do that for some reason. Probably because it does not fit their typical narrative.

Pretty disgusting.
Cop killer’s widow rages: He should’ve killed more cops

Also their neighbors set up a shrine glorifying the thug.
The so-called "black community" will not advance until they stop glorifying violent crimes, especially violence against the police.
Wow, talk about using a broad brush. Interestingly, there are those who disagree with the OP's rather biased observation:

“I firmly believe that the people who made the ignorant comments on the TV and the people who put up a memorial to a cowardly murderer who shot somebody in the head without giving him a chance are not representative of the people who live up there,” Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea told the Associated Press.
(source: LA Times)

But I bet neither Al Sharpton nor Jesse Jackson will condemn this community response to the murder of the police officer. I mean, Mumia Abu Jamal (who murdered a police officer in 1982) is still viewed as a hero among many.
Trotting out two of your favorite targets that are not leaders of any community does prove something, just not your intended point.

Her words are a fact. The shrine with statements like "thug in peace" are a fact.
Facts without context become propaganda.

LA Times article
LA Times said:
Campbell fired into the first police car that arrived, killing rookie officer Melvin Santiago, 23, with a shot to the head, officials said. Other officers fatally wounded Campbell, who had been wanted in connection with another slaying in Jersey City.
The NY Post article says executed which implies very close in shot. This sounds like he was shooting to kill, but not quite execution style.

The memorial was shoddy and very small. The NY Post wants people to think it was a significant outpouring for the shooter.

Wow, talk about using a broad brush. Interestingly, there are those who disagree with the OP's rather biased observation:
I did not say that this sentiment is universal, but the culture of glorification of violent crime is sadly rather widespread in the black community.

It is he who decided to execute the police officer. After that, you can't really blame the police for not treating the murderous thug with kid gloves.
Exactly where did i blame the police? I was talking about her reaction.
If my significant other is gunned down by police, i'm probably going to say all kinds of shit, even if she was the instigator.
I'll probably apologize later, too, like the widow has, for her statements.
I'm just saying that it puts a different spin on what, exactly, the widow was saying as opposed to how she's portrayed in the article linked.
It contains the relevant portion.
See, i tend to think that 'context' is kind of important. Without the rest of the comment, it portrays her as having different views than i think she really does.

Unless there's more to the story about the cops having the opportunity to resolve the issue peacefully and making the positive choice to just shoot him out of revenge, i don't have a problem with the cops' actions.
I think the paper's treatment of the widow's outraged reaction is mean-spirited and sensationalist, but that's the media.

So a grieving widow says some shocking things that she later regrets. I am shocked I tell you.

I also like the NY Post's less than charitable wording with that quote "tried to take back". Sounds to me like she was taking back those words, but the NY Post does not want to let her do that for some reason. Probably because it does not fit their typical narrative.

As they say, you can't unring the bell just like her husband could not have unshot the gun.

I did not say that this sentiment is universal, but the culture of glorification of violent crime is sadly rather widespread in the black community.
It isn't universal, just widespread. That's an interesting way of saying "I think it is common, but because I don't think it applies to 100% then I'm not stuck with the broad brush label."

It isn't universal, just widespread. That's an interesting way of saying "I think it is common, but because I don't think it applies to 100% then I'm not stuck with the broad brush label."
Well just because it's politically incorrect doesn't mean it's not true.

As they say, you can't unring the bell

Yes, and they say that with regard to not being able to unlearn something you have learned, particularly when it comes to jury trials. So, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say in this case, because people certainly can apologize for, and take back, their words once they become detached from the emotional context in which they were initially uttered.

Yes, and they say that with regard to not being able to unlearn something you have learned, particularly when it comes to jury trials. So, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say in this case, because people certainly can apologize for, and take back, their words once they become detached from the emotional context in which they were initially uttered.
It applies here too. She can apologize for having said it but she can't undo her having said it in the first place.

It applies here too. She can apologize for having said it but she can't undo her having said it in the first place.

This is a lesson we should all study.

So, your point is that a widow said something regrettable when mourning her dead husband.

And that this is reflective of a general attitude amongst the black community.

The clarification from the strawman "universal" to "widespread" confirms the broad brush observation instead of rebutting.

Clearly, the widow's comment was disingenuously truncated by the paper and made in anger. She has retracted and apologized for it. It is true that there will be those who will trot it out to further their "ideological" agendas, which is the real lasting damage of the comment.

So, your point is that a widow said something regrettable when mourning her dead husband.
And that there is a sidewalk shrine glorifying him.
And that this is reflective of a general attitude amongst the black community.
It is, as you say, reflective of a widespread attitude. It is not a general attitude, not even majority attitude, but more widespread than among other ethnic groups in the US. Continued glorification of the cop killer Mumia Abu Jamal is another thing that's reflective of this attitude.

Back
Top Bottom