• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cop killer's widow says he should have killed more cops

It isn't universal, just widespread. That's an interesting way of saying "I think it is common, but because I don't think it applies to 100% then I'm not stuck with the broad brush label."
Well just because it's politically incorrect doesn't mean it's not true.
What, that a tiny vigil for a man who conspired to murder a police officer is indicative of widespread love of violence in the black community? That isn't politically incorrect, it is just broad brushing and hyperbole.

What's this? Another thread that uses the report of a crime as a pretext for vilifying minorities and/or women?

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

And that there is a sidewalk shrine glorifying him.
A very small and rather pathetic one. Probably put together by that bare minority of people that think like the shooter did. It is unfortunate, but to extrapolate it among an entire community is broad brushing and wrong.
And that this is reflective of a general attitude amongst the black community.
It is, as you say, reflective of a widespread attitude. It is not a general attitude, not even majority attitude, but more widespread than among other ethnic groups in the US.
Are you using a thesaurus right now? Widespread would be general, would be majority. Not necessarily universal, but you are clearly broad brushing here.

A very small and rather pathetic one. Probably put together by that bare minority of people that think like the shooter did.
Or, people who are hurt and confused because they weren't aware that the shooter 'thought like that' in the first place.

The first time i heard her quoted, she said "he should have killed more cops
if they were planning on killing him."
If it's her perception that they just decided to execute him, then wishing he'd taken a few down with him is a bit more understandable than just a general hope for cops to be dead.

Can't imagine why the media would truncate her quote that way....?

I think I understand.

He was already wanted for murder. Given what she said it was probably a death-penalty crime.

In other words, she doesn't see that he should be accountable for the crimes he committed, she views punishing him as unjust.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this quote was missed by Derec:

Linked Article said:
Campbell later tried to take back some of her words, saying, “I do apologize. I was very angry.”

So a grieving widow says some shocking things that she later regrets. I am shocked I tell you.

I also like the NY Post's less than charitable wording with that quote "tried to take back". Sounds to me like she was taking back those words, but the NY Post does not want to let her do that for some reason. Probably because it does not fit their typical narrative.

Excuses, excuses.

I think the words reflected how they see the world. It's the criminal sub-culture that was discussed on here a while back with that idiot prosecutor who generalized from scum like this to all blacks.

In other words, she doesn't see that he should be accountable for the crimes he committed, she views punishing him as unjust.
boy, i don't get that at all from her words. I think she views 'just killing him' as unjust. Not that he shouldn't have been held accountable at all.

Suicide by cop.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/13/cops-jersey-city-police-officer-shot-dead-during-armed-robbery/Lawrence Campbell, 27, of Jersey City, went into the Walgreens with no intention of robbing the store, Fulop said.
As CBS 2′s Matt Kozar reported, Campbell beat up an armed guard and stole his gun.
He then waited outside for police arrive. While he was waiting, he apologized to a customer for his conduct and told her to watch the news because he was going to be famous, Fulop said.
“Surveillance cameras showed Campbell walked outside and spoke to a witness, at which time he apologized for his conduct in Walgreens and then subsequently told the witness to watch the news later today because he was going to be famous,” Fulop said.
About four minutes later, Santiago and his partner pulled into the parking lot when the gunman fired from close range, Fulop said. Cambpell unleashed three more shots at a second police car.
Officers then shot Campbell multiple times. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fulop said Campbell has been linked to a prior Jersey City homicide.

boy, i don't get that at all from her words. I think she views 'just killing him' as unjust. Not that he shouldn't have been held accountable at all.

What a whore. Why can't she be more like the nice white widows who are more philosophically centered about the deaths of their husbands and are able to maintain an emotional distance from the event - at least in public.

A very small and rather pathetic one. Probably put together by that bare minority of people that think like the shooter did.
Or, people who are hurt and confused because they weren't aware that the shooter 'thought like that' in the first place.
Possibly a mix. There are certainly people out there that are idiots. Broad brushing based on race is certainly a task undertaken by many races on other races. The reality is that the memorial was small, pathetic, and did not indicate in any way that general attitude of the community condoned or even applauded the crime committed.

It appears the guy wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. His wife may not have understood the full details of what happened. For some reason African Americans have a distrust of the police in the cities. She may have made certain assumptions that were not correct before saying what she did.

Suicide by cop.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07...olice-officer-shot-dead-during-armed-robbery/Lawrence Campbell, 27, of Jersey City, went into the Walgreens with no intention of robbing the store, Fulop said.
As CBS 2′s Matt Kozar reported, Campbell beat up an armed guard and stole his gun.
He then waited outside for police arrive. While he was waiting, he apologized to a customer for his conduct and told her to watch the news because he was going to be famous, Fulop said.
“Surveillance cameras showed Campbell walked outside and spoke to a witness, at which time he apologized for his conduct in Walgreens and then subsequently told the witness to watch the news later today because he was going to be famous,” Fulop said.
About four minutes later, Santiago and his partner pulled into the parking lot when the gunman fired from close range, Fulop said. Cambpell unleashed three more shots at a second police car.
Officers then shot Campbell multiple times. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Fulop said Campbell has been linked to a prior Jersey City homicide.

Shit. Policing is becoming more like Mail carrying every day. RE OP: another case of woman behind the man.

What a whore. Why can't she be more like the nice white widows who are more philosophically centered about the deaths of their husbands and are able to maintain an emotional distance from the event - at least in public.
Well, white gunmen tend to give their widows more of a buildup. The SWAT team won't shoot until everyone's deployed, a negotiator throws a phone into the store, demands are exchanged, rejected, rewritten and graded for grammar and spelling, people from the mayor's office demand that the man in charge at the scene respect the mayor's profile with the voters, the NRA releases a position statement about the gunman's actions being deplorable though his right to the gun is god-sanctioned and needs to be preserved...

By the time THEY get gunned down in the street in a hail of fire, it's almost an anticlimax and she's got her game face on when the cameras turn to her for a reaction shot.

Suicide by cop.

Shit. Policing is becoming more like Mail carrying every day. RE OP: another case of woman behind the man.

If I had a dollar (USD) for every time I heard a grieving woman cry, "He was a good boy. They didn't have to kill him," I would trade them all for Canadian money(CD) and take us all to Tim Horton's.

If I had a dollar (USD) for every time I heard a grieving woman cry, "He was a good boy. They didn't have to kill him," I would trade them all for Canadian money(CD) and take us all to Tim Horton's.
They have 'Ortons in Buffalo, Toledo, Columbus (OH), so we could stay stateside.

Or maybe just not knowing or believing the details of the killings.

What she said was wrong, but the full context of what she knew when she said it is still unknown.

Suppose we wanted to write a novel and the shooting at Walgreens was the last chapter. We would need a context that makes the ending plausible.

One scenario would make the Lawrence Campbell a lunatic. He lost his grip on reality and shot a policeman, which inevitably led to his death. This is an easy tale to tell.

Another scenario would have him as a rational and sane person who decides to shoot a policeman, which will invite a fusillade of bullets. Some people jump of bridges and others hang themselves. All have their reasons and this man had his.

To make the second scenario a plausible buildup to the final scene, we have to imagine what sequence of events would bring a 27 year old man to this place and time.

Or maybe just not knowing or believing the details of the killings.

What she said was wrong, but the full context of what she knew when she said it is still unknown.

Suppose we wanted to write a novel and the shooting at Walgreens was the last chapter. We would need a context that makes the ending plausible.

One scenario would make the Lawrence Campbell a lunatic. He lost his grip on reality and shot a policeman, which inevitably led to his death. This is an easy tale to tell.

Another scenario would have him as a rational and sane person who decides to shoot a policeman, which will invite a fusillade of bullets. Some people jump of bridges and others hang themselves. All have their reasons and this man had his.

To make the second scenario a plausible buildup to the final scene, we have to imagine what sequence of events would bring a 27 year old man to this place and time.
Not certain how this equates with my response. I was talking about how the shooting went down and the wife's ability to believe the "story" (in her mind) the cops told her.

The narrative for the shooter is unknown and could fit a number of possible plots. But I was speaking directly to what the wife may have known or thought when she made he statements.

Not certain how this equates with my response. I was talking about how the shooting went down and the wife's ability to believe the "story" (in her mind) the cops told her.

The narrative for the shooter is unknown and could fit a number of possible plots. But I was speaking directly to what the wife may have known or thought when she made he statements.
I understand that. It's human nature to reject the implausible. When the obvious is implausible, we are capable of constructing circumstances to reconcile events with reality.

I have known people who "did not need to be shot," but it was their choice and they left to police with no other choice. The family always clings to the idea there was some other way.

She felt they were coming to kill him--when there was no such threat other than punishment for murder.

She felt they were coming to kill him--when there was no such threat other than punishment for murder.
Coming to kill him?
This was her reaction AFTER they had killed him.

Well just because it's politically incorrect doesn't mean it's not true.
What, that a tiny vigil for a man who conspired to murder a police officer is indicative of widespread love of violence in the black community? That isn't politically incorrect, it is just broad brushing and hyperbole.
And racist

Even Ted Bundy's mother mourned his death. That tends to be what wive's and Mother's do regardless how bad their loved one's are.

Back
Top Bottom