• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Could Clinton lose?

... There's a higher chance that he could win than should exist in any sane country, but it's still a fairly low chance.

That's true. And I have to say that however it turns out I am sooo sorry. So very, very sorry. :sadyes:

Not only can she lose, she's on the cusp of blowing it! Right now Nate Silver has her at only 279 EV's. She's likely to lose Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina. If Trump can flip Colorado, it's his. And all polls have him within the margin of error there. Not good.

The dems have let the repubs set the agenda and tone. It's like they've been absent from the fight for the last few weeks. This is not going well at all.

SLD

Not only can she lose, she's on the cusp of blowing it! Right now Nate Silver has her at only 279 EV's. She's likely to lose Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina. If Trump can flip Colorado, it's his. And all polls have him within the margin of error there. Not good.

The dems have let the repubs set the agenda and tone. It's like they've been absent from the fight for the last few weeks. This is not going well at all.

SLD

The media has allowed Trump to walk all over it. It has allowed itself to be bullied by him.

A cowardly media is not helping.

The Matt Lauer interview is an example.

He grilled Clinton as if he was going to discover something many many hours of depositions and testimony did not find. And he never questioned any of Trump's clear lies, like he was opposed to the invasion of Iraq from the start, a provable lie.

And he didn't do near enough with Orangey's bizarre idea that we could "take" Iraq's oil..."to the victor go the spoils!!!" Jesus tap dancing Christ.

And he didn't do near enough with Orangey's bizarre idea that we could "take" Iraq's oil..."to the victor go the spoils!!!" Jesus tap dancing Christ.
Rumpt's candidacy is a reflection of what the voters want, what's out there. He didn't just appear, he arrived out of that pool.

I try not to stress. All of this is out of my control. I've got two religiously crazy siblings who see Rumpt as a gift from god. When people are goofy and allowed to vote because they are sexually mature, anything can happen.

In a way, people aren't voting, their brains are voting, and some of those brains are pretty fucked up.

I've been saying that it will be the debates that finally sway things for Hillary. I just don't see how his incredible incompetence and ignorance, not to mention complete lack of self control won't be on display for all to see. People say that Trump is unpredictable. I don't know why, to me he is completely predictable. He's just predictably bad.

He has no policies to really put forward, and his entire strategy has been to badmouth Hillary for the last few weeks, and not in a constructive way. He's so out of tune that he started doing it in Flint yesterday, only to be called out by the pastor there, which was HILARIOUS. When faced with Hillary, that's the best he can do. Once she starts exposing his ignorance he will not take that well, especially coming from a woman. He will verbally retaliate as if the debate is on Twitter, and it's not going to be good for him. That being said, I think Hillary can even fuck that up. She has to take him down in the debate professionally, but with just the right amount of sarcasm - she can't come off swarmy and pompous or she will blow it and look unlikeable (again).

The polls have been surprised several times this election, and I expect that pattern to hold. I think the hard core racist alt-right that composes Trump's base will vote, this is their last chance to get their ideas heard, and they know it. I think the average, run of the mill racist fucks that watch Fox news and comment on Twitter and Facebook with nothing but Hillary memes and racist pictures will stay home on election day, confident that Trump will win. These people like to be loud, but they're not bright, and they don't tend to participate.

The media has a lot to do with it.

They are after ratings, not truth.
Clearly you didn't get your right-wing memo that states the media is against Trump and coddling Clinton. Have you seen a single story in the media about Benghazi or emails? I think not. :rolleyes:

You mean the memo from the deplorables in the right wing?

They have less credibility than Trump. Which is saying a lot and explains how these people can stomach to support such a candidate.

I've been saying that it will be the debates that finally sway things for Hillary. I just don't see how his incredible incompetence and ignorance, not to mention complete lack of self control won't be on display for all to see. People say that Trump is unpredictable. I don't know why, to me he is completely predictable. He's just predictably bad.

He has no policies to really put forward, and his entire strategy has been to badmouth Hillary for the last few weeks, and not in a constructive way. He's so out of tune that he started doing it in Flint yesterday, only to be called out by the pastor there, which was HILARIOUS. When faced with Hillary, that's the best he can do. Once she starts exposing his ignorance he will not take that well, especially coming from a woman. He will verbally retaliate as if the debate is on Twitter, and it's not going to be good for him. That being said, I think Hillary can even fuck that up. She has to take him down in the debate professionally, but with just the right amount of sarcasm - she can't come off swarmy and pompous or she will blow it and look unlikeable (again).

The polls have been surprised several times this election, and I expect that pattern to hold. I think the hard core racist alt-right that composes Trump's base will vote, this is their last chance to get their ideas heard, and they know it. I think the average, run of the mill racist fucks that watch Fox news and comment on Twitter and Facebook with nothing but Hillary memes and racist pictures will stay home on election day, confident that Trump will win. These people like to be loud, but they're not bright, and they don't tend to participate.

A real debate where answers are checked against truth and an examination of knowledge, not worthless promises, was conducted would help Clinton.

But the circuses that call themselves debates will help Trump.

Few in the world can bullshit as well as Trump.

Rumpt's candidacy is a reflection of what the voters want, what's out there. He didn't just appear, he arrived out of that pool.

I try not to stress. All of this is out of my control. I've got two religiously crazy siblings who see Rumpt as a gift from god. When people are goofy and allowed to vote because they are sexually mature, anything can happen.

In a way, people aren't voting, their brains are voting, and some of those brains are pretty fucked up.
"Gift from God."
Well he's such a religious fella. A pillar of the community from that paradise we call New York. What good Christian wouldn't get on board?
None of this makes any sense. If the mood doesn't change, I am seriously worried that jackass is going to be president.

I agree the debates will be critical.

But there's not as much movement as the media is suggesting.

The tightening at this point isn't significant; Sam Wang, who has no media ax to grind, still has HRC at 90%.

Even Nate Silver has to have traffic. Trump gaining is news.

I just see this idea of keeping the oil as more support for the war he lyingly denies he supported.

A real debate where answers are checked against truth and an examination of knowledge, not worthless promises, was conducted would help Clinton.

See, I hear that a lot too, but to me his bullshit is incredibly obvious. He doesn't even lie well. He does distract well though, which is a plus for him.

See, I hear that a lot too, but to me his bullshit is incredibly obvious. He doesn't even lie well. He does distract well though, which is a plus for him.

If everybody was like you we would be better off.

But making people choose style over substance is something that advertising does all the time, and it works.

But making people choose style over substance is something that advertising does all the time, and it works.
Sounds like you're saying people are gullible, stupid, credulous, xenophobic, etc.

Yes, that.

Trump's strategy, whether in debates or interviews, seems to be to kind of answer a question but then go off on a tangent with lots of "by the ways" and to bring up so many unrelated issues and personal innuendo that the other person has no way to prioritize or even keep track of what needs to be responded to. Then the moderator will say "you have 30 seconds to respond" and they get all flustered. Either that or they try to object before he's finished and he'll start with the "Excuse me, excuse me, I was talking. I didn't interrupt you." Then he's free to interrupt her for the rest of the debate and he'll say he had to defend himself. ... I for one wouldn't know how to deal with that other than taking some tranquilizers. One would need lots of experience dealing with a spoiled child. But you'd still come out looking like you were a failed parent.

Last edited:
When's the last time a presidential candidate has won without the support of women, blacks, AND Latinos, all of whom still overwhelmingly favor Clinton?

Sounds like you're saying people are gullible, stupid, credulous, xenophobic, etc.

Yes, that.

I prefer to just say they are products of their environments. Although I say stuff like that all the time but it is really just seeing the end results of bad environments.

Why don't the schools teach critical reasoning and recognition of logical fallacies beginning in first grade?

Why aren't teachers taught it?

Yes, that.

I prefer to just say they are products of their environments. Although I say stuff like that all the time but it is really just seeing the end results of bad environments.

Why don't the schools teach critical reasoning and recognition of logical fallacies beginning in first grade?

You've answered your own question - we're products of our environment.

Much of our thinking is legacy thinking. Freethought is something new. It will be a long time, if ever, before the darkness of religion, superstition, fear, tribalism and the like are just memories.

You've answered your own question - we're products of our environment.

Much of our thinking is legacy thinking. Freethought is something new. It will be a long time, if ever, before the darkness of religion, superstition, fear, tribalism and the like are just memories.

I think it is deliberate.

It is a way to make people more manageable. The main purpose of education.

Back
Top Bottom