• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Could Clinton lose?

Hillary is toast if she loses again (think Romney). Besides, her age is showing and I doubt she will have the energy to do so. Warren might run, but she would also be nearly too old, at 71.

Nope, the Democrats need to tap into a new generation...Clinton, Warren, Biden, Sanders are (or will be) over the hill.

Who might that be? At this point, the Democratic leadership are all fossils (e.g. Pelosi, Reid) . The loss of so many state elections has denied them major opportunities to develop young talent. Who knows, maybe the Dems will have to run some of its billionaires for President (Mark Cuban?).

Worthy of a new thread in general politics, I think.

You've been gone for a while. Nice to see you back.

For various reasons I lost interest in posting and politics...Trump being a big part of it. It's one reason I am no longer posting much on issues...who really cares about minimum wage, obamacare, or neo-soviet expansion by Putin when the US parties gets so insane as to nominate the two most hated nominees in modern history? I doubt they lose sleep over any issue, other than their own will to power.

Ideology has become irrelevant when the country becomes little more than tribal identity grievances...we might as well be at the level of whose gender/color wins, the "in-group" vs. the "other out-group" of tribal conflicts.

When the views of Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz become relevant to elections, I may become interested. Till then Clinton vs. Trump is nothing more than a tragic absurdity.

But look at the bright side - for non-Americans, it's really fucking hilarious. Like watching a couple of squirrels wrestle over a hand grenade when they're on the other side of a fence from you. Sure, there's some chance that their fight will get close to the fence and accidentally blow you up, but mostly it's just watching a couple of squirrels wrestle over a hand grenade from a safe distance.

Your country has spent decades building up to this election. You can't now turn around and try to call it an anomaly.

Well, that was rhetorical question. Of course I don't believe she will run again. Who besides Raygun was that old to run for POTUS?
Nope, the Democrats need to tap into a new generation...Clinton, Warren, Biden, Sanders are (or will be) over the hill.

Who might that be? At this point, the Democratic leadership are all fossils (e.g. Pelosi, Reid) . The loss of so many state elections has denied them major opportunities to develop young talent. Who knows, maybe the Dems will have to run some of its billionaires for President (Mark Cuban?).
Anthony Weiner? :)

Well ya, other than not having big money...Weiner and Trump have a lot in common.

I don't think Weiner have small hands :)

But look at the bright side - for non-Americans, it's really fucking hilarious. Like watching a couple of squirrels wrestle over a hand grenade when they're on the other side of a fence from you. Sure, there's some chance that their fight will get close to the fence and accidentally blow you up, but mostly it's just watching a couple of squirrels wrestle over a hand grenade from a safe distance.

Your country has spent decades building up to this election. You can't now turn around and try to call it an anomaly.

Hell no, I would never call it an anomaly - if I thought it were I'd be laughing with non-Americans too. It's the culmination of decades of a culture change that has ended with fractured identity group gangs fighting over who gets to divide the national loot for their particular members. And most of them are led by power hungry whack jobs with some form of NPD or BPD...the rise of Trump and the formal "alt-right" ascendency of white identity nationalism was the last pillar to the building of this bug house.

And, frankly, it has become personal. Trump has divided my like-minded moderate to right of center group of friends. Some recognize Trump and his movement as a ship of fools, and a danger in the white house. A few are Rep loyalists. And a couple of otherwise are sane and successful professionals who went to sleep one night and woke up as Trump pod people - mimics of the glassy eyed idiots who voted for "nationalism" in Germany.

Last edited:
And, frankly, it has become personal. Trump has divided my like-minded moderate to right of center group of friends. Some recognize Trump and his movement as a ship of fools, and a danger in the white house. A few are Rep loyalists. And a couple of otherwise are sane and successful professionals who went to sleep one night and woke up as Trump pod people - mimics of the glassy eyed idiots who voted for "nationalism" in Germany.

Haven't you posted on this board racist, anti-immigrant, and pro-torture thoughts?

Trump, with the help of the worthless corporate media has managed to make this whole process merely a focus on him.

Like so many presidential elections real issues are completely ignored.

Issues like Supreme Court nominees and climate change and US military aggression, and countless other real issues.

Things like a wall between the US and Mexico are not real issues. A wall does not solve any real issue facing American's, like an insane war on drugs and shrinking opportunity and the skyrocketing costs of higher education.

If all people do is focus on Trump then the whole thing merely becomes a popularity contest between two flawed people. Something more fitting 9th graders than adults.

The problem is the US is filled with people at the intellectual and emotional level of a 9th grader.

A real media could help, but a corporate media that only cares about profits will never be of any help.

Haven't you posted on this board racist, anti-immigrant, and pro-torture thoughts?

Depending on one's definitions and contexts, yes. However, my opposition to Trump is based the nature of his character, his actual personal motives, as well as idiotic mangling of the issues and his half-baked solutions... (e.g. his affection for 17th century economics).

Anyone running for President should be sober and serious when advancing their views, not whipping crowds into a frenzy about most illegals being criminals (which is a falsehood) and egging people on that anyone who doesn't want to torture is "a pussy".

But we don't have just a hand grenade. We have aircraft carriers and nukes. And we don't appear to be a clever as squrrels.

Oh, and we're coming toward the fence.

Depending on one's definitions and contexts, yes. However, my opposition to Trump is based the nature of his character, his actual personal motives, as well as idiotic mangling of the issues and his half-baked solutions... (e.g. his affection for 17th century economics).

Anyone running for President should be sober and serious when advancing their views, not whipping crowds into a frenzy about most illegals being criminals (which is a falsehood) and egging people on that anyone who doesn't want to torture is "a pussy".

So your problem isn't that he could be the next Hitler, it's his style.

But we don't have just a hand grenade. We have aircraft carriers and nukes. And we don't appear to be a clever as squrrels.

Oh, and we're coming toward the fence.

Ya, but you've also spent decades underfunding education so if you come to invade Canada, you'll go in the wrong direction and attack Mexico by mistake and get stopped by this really awesome wall (seriously, it's just superb) which is guarding the border.

Nobody will get hurt except a bunch of Americans and if they elect Trump, nobody will particularly give a shit about something like that.

Yup! The "mainstream media" has been treating Trump with kid gloves. They're either in bed with him or too scared to report on his obvious and blatant hypocrisy and corruption.
SLD

Well, tbh, the media goes all out on Trump. Every lie, every tweet is news. However, he's not touched by it because they don't put those lies in his face. They just let him talk and post on it afterwards. What I'd like to see is someone calling him out on it right in his face and see how he reacts then.

Maybe the debates are the only chance on that, but it would need to be tightly moderated and that's not going to happen. My prediction is that they will let him do his usual stuff without interrupting him in any way.

Someone who goes like "No, mr. Trump, I want to know how you genuinely feel about *this* topic... NO, don't talke about Hillary. Please stick to the subject without mentioning her. NO MR TRUMP, YES, I AM INTERRUPTING YOU. Answer the question please. Oh no response? Ok, we will assume you don't have a vision on it."

Yup! The "mainstream media" has been treating Trump with kid gloves. They're either in bed with him or too scared to report on his obvious and blatant hypocrisy and corruption.
SLD

Well, tbh, the media goes all out on Trump. Every lie, every tweet is news. However, he's not touched by it because they don't put those lies in his face. They just let him talk and post on it afterwards. What I'd like to see is someone calling him out on it right in his face and see how he reacts then.

Maybe the debates are the only chance on that, but it would need to be tightly moderated and that's not going to happen. My prediction is that they will let him do his usual stuff without interrupting him in any way.

Someone who goes like "No, mr. Trump, I want to know how you genuinely feel about *this* topic... NO, don't talke about Hillary. Please stick to the subject without mentioning her. NO MR TRUMP, YES, I AM INTERRUPTING YOU. Answer the question please. Oh no response? Ok, we will assume you don't have a vision on it."

We have a (very) few examples of reporters/journalists confronting Trump about his own words. Trump went into full on vicious bully mode (on twitter, of course. Not in person. He's as big a coward as he is a bully)

As a sad/amusing side note: The 258 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

We have a (very) few examples of reporters/journalists confronting Trump about his own words. Trump went into full on vicious bully mode (on twitter, of course. Not in person. He's as big a coward as he is a bully)

As a sad/amusing side note: The 258 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List
I watched Maher's latest show, I've been disappointed in the political whoreship his show has become, but he had Kellyanne Conway on, so I was curious, he really did an excellent job, I thought of at least trying to hold Trump accountable for his statements. Conway did a decent job of not addressing any question. The game is to deflect onto Clinton.

Mention secrets, talk emails.
Mention lies, talk about Benghazi and YouTube and the FBI email investigation.
Mention conflict of interest, mention Clinton Foundation and pay for play.

Clinton has enough gray around her, no matter how much you try to pile on Trump, it just deflects right back to Clinton.

Moore-Coulter seems to be getting replaced with Clinton-Trump.

Whatever you say about career politician and activist Clinton all you need to remember to vote for her is that Trump is an isolationist, racist, who can't keep his mouth closed when some stupid thought occurs to him, and complete fool when it comes to what is government or governing.

Too much? You betcha.

I watched Maher's latest show, I've been disappointed in the political whoreship his show has become, but he had Kellyanne Conway on, so I was curious, he really did an excellent job, I thought of at least trying to hold Trump accountable for his statements. Conway did a decent job of not addressing any question. The game is to deflect onto Clinton.

I got a big kick out of Bill reading a list of lies told by Trump then Conway saying she couldn't support a liar. Pure gold.

Yes, I want to see the media do their job, too.

Journalist: Question A
Trump: non-answer deflection
Journalist: The question was A. You talked about something else. Do you have an answer to question A or do we mark you down as no answer?

Yes, I want to see the media do their job, too.

Journalist: Question A
Trump: non-answer deflection
Journalist: The question was A. You talked about something else. Do you have an answer to question A or do we mark you down as no answer?
Trump: *lawsuit*

Back
Top Bottom