• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Could Trump put an end to America's failed policy of war?

Firstly I'll say that I believe the President that puts an end to America's endless failed wars will be regarded by history as a great leader.
But have our endless military involvements been failures?

A lot of people have made a lot of money off of war, off of preparing for war, off of training for war, off of making deterrents to prevent war, off of medical advances to improve an individual soldier's chance of surviving a war, off of technology to fight the war remotely so our soldiers don't get exposed directly to war...

Seems like the American dream, really. And one of our few remaining home-grown industries.

Ya, if you're not blowing up random innocent brown people because they might have once been in the same city as a terrorist, then who are you as a nation?

It would be like Canadians collectively deciding to go a day without apologizing to someone. What would our identity be as a country then?

Could Trump put an end to America's failed policy of war?

No.

Sure he could.

George Lucas could also admit to personal failure as a contemporary film maker, but y'know that doesn't mean its likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly I'll say that I believe the President that puts an end to America's endless failed wars will be regarded by history as a great leader.
But have our endless military involvements been failures?

A lot of people have made a lot of money off of war, off of preparing for war, off of training for war, off of making deterrents to prevent war, off of medical advances to improve an individual soldier's chance of surviving a war, off of technology to fight the war remotely so our soldiers don't get exposed directly to war...

Seems like the American dream, really. And one of our few remaining home-grown industries.

Don't forget the people who are paid to go fight the war when we run out of volunteers.

Firstly I'll say that I believe the President that puts an end to America's endless failed wars will be regarded by history as a great leader. Sadly no politician from either of the major parties has come close. Even Obama whilst good in some areas has been a failure.
Donald Trump has been the only candidate (maybe ever but certainly for a long time to show any signs of changing this. Yes, of course he lies and will say anything, so I look forward to the usual disgruntled people to point this out, but could it happen?

Yes. The next war we will destroy the enemy. Never mind the everything else will be gone, also. The Christians destroy their enemies and go to heaven, never mind the rest of us.

Firstly I'll say that I believe the President that puts an end to America's endless failed wars will be regarded by history as a great leader. Sadly no politician from either of the major parties has come close. Even Obama whilst good in some areas has been a failure.
Donald Trump has been the only candidate (maybe ever but certainly for a long time to show any signs of changing this. Yes, of course he lies and will say anything, so I look forward to the usual disgruntled people to point this out, but could it happen?

Hell no.

As for success stories: FDR-DE-HST-DM formed a very successful group in and after WWII. Lend Lease before our entry, selecting Dwight Eisenhower to lead allies, Marshall Plan after war, Douglas MacArther bringing Japan to democracy after war. Unqualified successes all.

Hell no.

Cracks me up to no end that the Russian faction here is suddenly concerned about war.

Could Trump be the president who puts an end to America's failed wars? That is the question.

FWIW, yes it is possible. However, as he is obviously a consummate liar who the fuck knows. I think it is most likely he will do whatever he thinks will give him heady mix of the best of accolades from who he thinks follows him, and what he thinks will help him go down in history as important. He could make a deal with Russia regarding Syria and dial our involvement back (pissing off Turkey and SA); or he may turn the Syrian effort red hot; or he could start a war with Iran...but who the fuck knows.

I think the below pic gives one a good idea about what Trump's priorities are:
View attachment 8656

Just realized how absurd it is that Trump won the election. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be fine. American presidents don't really have that much power. But this guy is an overgrown child. He has zero authority. No gravitas what so ever.

Now with about 5 months into El Cheato's time in office, your question is being answered.

Stalemate...would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The Taliban has been slowly gaining ground for the last 2 years, and that is supposed to be a 'stalemate'. But hey, the 2009 surge of 30,000 soldiers did so much to change the equation, that General Hammer thinks he sees more nails, so 4,000 soldiers will definitely achieve something different...:banghead:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...early-4000-more-troops-afghanistan/102905586/
The Pentagon will send nearly 4,000 additional troops to Afghanistan in an effort to turn around a war that commanders have described as a stalemate,

El Cheato has blown the doors off any attempt at restraining the Saudi scorched earth campaign in Yemen, and has joined in blowing up the war torn nation. And the US has increased the pace of operations in Somalia.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/13/drone-strikes-columbia-law-human-rights-yemen/
Locals in Yemen have alleged that, in recent months, drone strikes carried out by the Trump administration killed civilians on numerous occasions. One strike reported last month in Yemen’s Shabwah Province allegedly targeted a car full of men with no existing links to terrorist groups, as well as several innocent bystanders. Despite such incidents, Trump has promised measures that would further loosen targeting standards for drone operators, likely putting civilians in even greater danger.

Drone Strikes Up 432 Percent Under Donald Trump

Now with about 5 months into El Cheato's time in office, your question is being answered.

Stalemate...would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. The Taliban has been slowly gaining ground for the last 2 years, and that is supposed to be a 'stalemate'. But hey, the 2009 surge of 30,000 soldiers did so much to change the equation, that General Hammer thinks he sees more nails, so 4,000 soldiers will definitely achieve something different...:banghead:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...early-4000-more-troops-afghanistan/102905586/
The Pentagon will send nearly 4,000 additional troops to Afghanistan in an effort to turn around a war that commanders have described as a stalemate,

El Cheato has blown the doors off any attempt at restraining the Saudi scorched earth campaign in Yemen, and has joined in blowing up the war torn nation. And the US has increased the pace of operations in Somalia.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/13/drone-strikes-columbia-law-human-rights-yemen/
Locals in Yemen have alleged that, in recent months, drone strikes carried out by the Trump administration killed civilians on numerous occasions. One strike reported last month in Yemen’s Shabwah Province allegedly targeted a car full of men with no existing links to terrorist groups, as well as several innocent bystanders. Despite such incidents, Trump has promised measures that would further loosen targeting standards for drone operators, likely putting civilians in even greater danger.

Yep you are right. You American voters continue to support warmongers. When will you do something about it funinspace?

Do you even care?

Trump mostly comes across as a petulant child striking out in anger in random directions. I can't identify any kind of policy here?

Yep you are right. You American voters continue to support warmongers. When will you do something about it funinspace?

Do you even care?

Buddy: you were absolutely giddy when Trump was elected!

Do you even care?

Buddy: you were absolutely giddy when Trump was elected!

Furthermore, the American people at large did not support this man. There is so many layers of stupid to Wil's post.

Last edited:

Do you even care?
Well, one thing I did was argue with fools last year who claimed they were sucking on a Popsicle stick that Trump gave them, as I pointed out that it really looked much more like Don the Con's dick.

I really cannot for the life of me understand why some people thought that Trump, of all people, would be a less violent President than others we've had in the past. A lady I knew that has two children in the armed forces voted for him for that reason. I wonder if she regrets her decision now.

Actually, Trump and Jesus are similar in some ways. One of them is that people imbue them with whatever characteristics and attributes they want or need them to have. Evangelicals made him Christian. The right made him conservative, etc.

Seriously, if you thought that Trump would keep his word on anything he said during his campaign, you. are. gullible. The stream of broken consciousness that issues forth from this man should have been all the doubt you ever needed. His record should have been another. His constant lies for fucking sure. His obvious lack of understanding of anything that had to do with government or even our democracy yet others.

Back
Top Bottom