• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Sidney Powell is promoting for all who are forced to decide to choose a jab or their job to Walk Out on Wednesday, August 11th at 12:00 noon!

Dear Patriots

NO ONE should be forced to get jabbed with an untested vaccine against their will or through threat of job loss or education opportunities.

Millions of people have researched the vaccine and have legitimate concerns about the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.

Defending the Republic is asking you to take a stand and join us for Walk Out Wednesday, August 11 at Noon.

Peacefully walk out of your place of employment or school if you are being forced to get vaccinated.

Buh bye, fuckheads.

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Sidney Powell is promoting for all who are forced to decide to choose a jab or their job to Walk Out on Wednesday, August 11th at 12:00 noon!

Dear Patriots

NO ONE should be forced to get jabbed with an untested vaccine against their will or through threat of job loss or education opportunities.

Millions of people have researched the vaccine and have legitimate concerns about the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.

Defending the Republic is asking you to take a stand and join us for Walk Out Wednesday, August 11 at Noon.

Peacefully walk out of your place of employment or school if you are being forced to get vaccinated.

Buh bye, fuckheads.

Untested? How many millions have had the vaccines globally?

Million of people have researched it and have questions? Surprised she didn't go for billions. BILLIONS! BILLIONS! I guess "reseaching" must include reading some quackery on facebook. Or watching Mr Pillow on Youtube.

Sidney Powell said:

She should be sued for these two lies by the people who have lost loved ones to the lie.

I’ve been reading some articles about denier regret in Louisiana and Arkansas, Some of the people having terrible regrets. And still more blindly clinging to “their research.” They say we shouldn’t provoke their defensiveness by calling them deluded. That it will make them even more pugnacious in their denial. That’s probably true, but I’m plumb out of compassion for their tears of self-inflicted grief.

I read your link.

The most important sentence seemed to be
Much is still unknown about how COVID-19 will affect people over time, but research is ongoing.

How such effects will play out in young people wasn't mentioned at all. I haven't got a firm opinion, since I'm not anything remotely like an epidemiologist. I don't claim to have professional opinions.
Tom

I'm not certain why your lack of knowledge or understanding or the lack of data for long term effects of a novel virus that first emerged 18 months ago means that it's no problem to let children be guinea pigs? We know what some of the long term effects of COVID19 are for those adults with 'long COVID.' Why on earth would we think that it was not incumbent upon us all to do our utmost to prevent such illness in children? Are their lives not important?

Maybe you could explain that.

Here are some other links to help:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01935-7

Paediatrician Danilo Buonsenso, at the Gemelli University Hospital in Rome, led the first attempt to quantify long COVID in children. He and his colleagues interviewed 129 children aged 6–16 years, who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 between March and November 2020.

In January, they reported in a preprint that more than one-third had one or two lingering symptoms four months or more after infection, and a further one-quarter had three or more symptoms. Insomnia, fatigue, muscle pain and persistent cold-like complaints were common — a pattern similar to that seen in adults with long COVID. Even children who’d had mild initial symptoms, or were asymptomatic, were not spared these long-lasting effects, Buonsenso says.

Long COVID: let patients help define long-lasting COVID symptoms

The findings, published in a peer-reviewed journal in April1, sparked a deluge of e-mails and calls from anxious parents. “It was like we opened the door, and everyone — mostly parents themselves — were starting to say, ‘Okay, so maybe this is something we should ask about,’” he says. The hospital now runs a weekly outpatient clinic to meet demand.

Data released by the UK Office of National Statistics (ONS) in February and updated in April also sparked concern. They showed that 9.8% of children aged 2–11 years and 13% aged 12–16 years reported at least one lingering symptom five weeks after a positive diagnosis. Another report released in April found that one-quarter of children who were surveyed after discharge from hospital in Russia post-COVID-19, had symptoms more than five months later2.

The numbers reported aren’t as high as they are for adults. The ONS data, for instance, show that about 25% of 35–69-year olds had symptoms at 5 weeks. But the numbers still set off alarm bells, because severe COVID-19 in children is much rarer than in adults, and most kids were therefore assumed to have been spared the impacts of long COVID, says Jakob Armann, a paediatrician at Dresden University of Technology in Germany.

If 10% or 15% of children, irrespective of the initial severity of the disease, do have long-term symptoms after all, “that’s a true problem”, he says, “so this needs to be studied.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7927578/
Abstract
Almost half of children who contract covid-19 may have lasting symptoms, which should factor into decisions on reopening schools, reports Helen Thomson

A SERIOUS picture is emerging about the long-term health effects of covid-19 in some children, with UK politicians calling the lack of acknowledgment of the problem a “national scandal”.

Children seem to be fairly well-protected from the most severe symptoms of covid-19. According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, the majority of children don't develop symptoms when infected with the coronavirus, or their symptoms are very mild.

However, it is becoming increasingly apparent that a large number of children with symptomatic and asymptomatic covid-19 are experiencing long-term effects, many months after the initial infection.

Previous link with its title: Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications - "Friends say Dick Farrel encouraged them to get the vaccine after he was infected"

Covidfreude is about another one: Phil Valentine.
He's a conservative talk radio host from Tennessee, author of books like The Conservative's Handbook. He produced a film called An Inconsistent Truth which denies climate change. He had a cameo role in Atlas Shrugged Part 3. He's been listed as one of the hundred most influential talk show hosts in America.

Like many conservatives, he's also a professional COVID-I9 scoffer. Throughout 2020, he decried economic shutdowns, promoted quack therapies like ivermectin, and streamed the anti-vaccine documentary Plandemic from his site. In June, he aired a parody song, "Vaxman", that equated vaccination campaigns to tyranny.
Last month, he caught the disease and he ended up hospitalized and on a ventilator.
Valentine's condition continued to deteriorate. On July 30, his brother Mark posted that he needed ECMO, an even more more radical life-support therapy that oxygenates blood outside the body, bypassing the heart and lungs. But according to another report, he's suffering from secondary infection and kidney failure and isn't stable enough to a be moved to a hospital where it's available.

In many COVID hot spots, a pattern: High concentrations of white evangelicals
"As COVID-19 cases surge again, two things are true about many counties considered hot spots: Vaccination rates are low and white evangelical Protestant populations are high, according to a new data analysis."

ICU Nurse Posts Video Begging People to Get Vaccinated - YouTube
‘We are intubating and losing people that are my age and younger’ — An ICU nurse working at a Louisiana hospital posted this emotional video begging people to get vaccinated.

I'm not certain why your lack of knowledge or understanding or the lack of data for long term effects of a novel virus that first emerged 18 months ago means that it's no problem to let children be guinea pigs? We know what some of the long term effects of COVID19 are for those adults with 'long COVID.' Why on earth would we think that it was not incumbent upon us all to do our utmost to prevent such illness in children? Are their lives not important?

Maybe you could explain that.

Here are some other links to help:

I think you are misinterpreting TomC's comment that he doesn't know that much about it yet as some kind of approval.

Note here the comment the data that finds that 4% of kids getting long haul Covid. His comment is that it's "Really really bad". I don't see anything close to thinking it's OK to use kids as guinea pigs

Long-lasting Covid-19 symptoms rare in children https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58071898

This study is positive for children. 1700ish children, only 1 in 25 had symptoms for a long haul.

4% strikes me as really bad.

Me too. Really really bad.
But I'm not sure what "long term symptoms" means either.

I have long term symptoms of my conservative Christian upbringing. Waddya do?
Tom

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Dear Patriots

Buh bye, fuckheads.
I support SIdney Powell walking out into the street and getting broad-sided by a bus. And of course, he 'objection' to vaccination isn't remotely political. It only looks it.

I think you are misinterpreting TomC's comment that he doesn't know that much about it yet as some kind of approval.

Note here the comment the data that finds that 4% of kids getting long haul Covid. His comment is that it's "Really really bad". I don't see anything close to thinking it's OK to use kids as guinea pigs

Long-lasting Covid-19 symptoms rare in children https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58071898

This study is positive for children. 1700ish children, only 1 in 25 had symptoms for a long haul.

4% strikes me as really bad.

Me too. Really really bad.
But I'm not sure what "long term symptoms" means either.

I have long term symptoms of my conservative Christian upbringing. Waddya do?
Tom

Perhaps I misunderstood Tom's "I'm not sure what (quote) long term symptoms (quote) as having scare quotes, given that it was followed up by comparing or seemingly conflating it with his " I have long term symptoms of my conservative Christian upbringing. [B}Waddya do?"[/B}

My apologies if I leapt to the wrong conclusion.

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Dear Patriots

Buh bye, fuckheads.
I support SIdney Powell walking out into the street and getting broad-sided by a bus. And of course, he 'objection' to vaccination isn't remotely political. It only looks it.

This strange strange woman has found herself in the national spotlight.

She doesn't care about the despicable way she got there.

She is a narcissist like Trump.

And like him she has no intention of leaving the infamous spotlight she basks within.

And like him she has no intention of leaving the infamous spotlight she basks within.

She's already got a $billion lawsuit over her head from Dominion. Maybe she is thinking she'd like to have one from Pfizer/Maderna too.... :)

She's already got a $billion lawsuit over her head from Dominion. Maybe she is thinking she'd like to have one from Pfizer/Maderna too.... :)
Who knows, this might be all part of her mental health plea ploy in the election defamation suit.

Who knows, this might be all part of her mental health plea ploy in the election defamation suit.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for. You may get it." A padded room would be appropriate.

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Dear Patriots

Buh bye, fuckheads.

I agree with the sentiment. I also don't think anybody should be forced to get vaccinated. I'm extremly pro-vaccines. I'm just against forcing it on anyone. Liberalism is about fighting for freedom. The moment liberals stop fighting for freedom they've stopped being liberals IMHO

Sidney Powell- Walk Out!

Dear Patriots

Buh bye, fuckheads.

I agree with the sentiment. I also don't think anybody should be forced to get vaccinated. I'm extremly pro-vaccines. I'm just against forcing it on anyone. Liberalism is about fighting for freedom. The moment liberals stop fighting for freedom they've stopped being liberals IMHO
I got vaccinated, now we (the vaccinated) need to wear masks again because the unvaccinated spread the fucking disease instead of getting vaccinated. But fuck our liberty, right?

You're not alone doc, just come across news that the Italian vaccinated were burning their vax passports in solidarity with the unvaccinated.. reason being, going against division between people etc.

You're not alone doc, just come across news that the Italian vaccinated were burning their vax passports in solidarity with the unvaccinated.. reason being, going against division between people etc.

I'm with them on this.

Back
Top Bottom