• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Not much for evidence via social media, but we definitely know that some people have been delayed in getting health care treatment due to most unvaccinated people. Reanswering (for the trillionth time, why it matters to a vaccinated person if someone is unvaccinated).
Obviously the only answer is to have done away with all vaccinations, not only covid but everything. That way we'd have plenty of icu beds all the time because we'd be super healthy from our immune systems being able to work naturally. :thinking:

SCOTUS likely to rule in favor of pandemic mandate, ensuring America suffer from a pandemic without any Government overreach to try and stop it.

Chief Justice cited Ebola v Massachusetts, stated "The right to allow oneself to spread disease is a basic human privilege, and should not be interfered with by the Federal Government." Justice Thomas went further, stating that "Assuming health is part of the general welfare of the nation is an inexcusable over-reach of executive power." Justice Barrett indicated that "The right to choice is the most important aspect of being a citizen of the United States. Once the government intercedes in the right for a person to choose, it has defaulted on the agreements it made in the US Constitution."

These quotes might be a tad made up.

SCOTUS likely to rule in favor of pandemic mandate, ensuring America suffer from a pandemic without any Government overreach to try and stop it.

Chief Justice cited Ebola v Massachusetts, stated "The right to allow oneself to spread disease is a basic human privilege, and should not be interfered with by the Federal Government." Justice Thomas went further, stating that "Assuming health is part of the general welfare of the nation is an inexcusable over-reach of executive power." Justice Barrett indicated that "The right to choice is the most important aspect of being a citizen of the United States. Once the government intercedes in the right for a person to choose, it has defaulted on the agreements it made in the US Constitution."

And I wonder if they would overrule drunk driving laws?

On the lighter side, WHO says the Winter Olympics in China should be fine.
article said:
Given the prevention measures put into place by China for the upcoming Winter Olympics, the World Health Organization does not expect increased Covid-19 transmission associated with the games, Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO Health Emergencies Program, said Thursday.
Yeah... sure! China can't exactly close Olympic Village and have the Olympics on-going. I'm personally curious about hockey and who is even playing in it.
The coming Olympic Games Beijing 2022, set for February, will be without National Hockey League players. The NHL, based in the U.S., announced the move on Tuesday (21 December), with Olympic officials confirming the decision on Wednesday.

I think the difference is, the Government is imposing an action on people rather than restricting. Also, I don't believe there is a federal law on drinking and driving.

I agree that such power should be wielded very rarely, but you know, pandemic... first time this bad in over a century... that'd be pretty rarely.

On the lighter side, WHO says the Winter Olympics in China should be fine.
article said:
Given the prevention measures put into place by China for the upcoming Winter Olympics, the World Health Organization does not expect increased Covid-19 transmission associated with the games, Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO Health Emergencies Program, said Thursday.
Yeah... sure! China can't exactly close Olympic Village and have the Olympics on-going. I'm personally curious about hockey and who is even playing in it.
The coming Olympic Games Beijing 2022, set for February, will be without National Hockey League players. The NHL, based in the U.S., announced the move on Tuesday (21 December), with Olympic officials confirming the decision on Wednesday.
Yeah, which made me wonder... who is playing? Are teams with primarily NHL players not showing up or will we be getting a more amateur lineup?

As many Americans struggle to get a hold of a COVID-19 rapid test or secure a testing appointment, the Florida Department of Emergency Management announced that as many as 1 million rapid tests expired while sitting in a warehouse.

During a press conference this week, Kevin Guthrie, director of Florida Department of Emergency Management, confirmed that between 800,000 to 1 million Abbott rapid COVID-19 tests had expired.

“We received a three-month extension on those test kits, which ended up expiring between Dec. 26 to Dec. 30. We tried to give them out beforehand but there was no demand for it,” said Guthrie.

Guthrie said after the test kits were extended once, an additional extension was requested, but the state had not yet heard back from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

As Guthrie, alongside Gov. Ron DeSantis, argued there wasn’t sufficient demand for COVID-19 tests in Florida, a letter written to the state’s surgeon general suggested the opposite.

On Dec. 21 Miami-Dade County’s mayor Daniella Levina Cava wrote a letter to Florida’s Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo that asked for, “all possible tests be directed to Miami-Dade County to meet the growing demand for testing in our community.”

A video posted by Daniel Uhlfelder, a lawyer based in Florida, on Dec. 17 also showed a massive line up of cars waiting to get tested at a Miami COVID-19 testing center.

Earlier last week, Nikki Fried, Florida agriculture commissioner, accused DeSantis of stockpiling urgently needed COVID-19 tests and put out a statement asking to quickly release the tests.

“Given the governor’s lack of transparency throughout this pandemic, there’s no known public information about these tests or how soon they expire. With omicron infections exploding throughout Florida, I beg of him to release these tests immediately,” said Fried.
It's been rumored that Governor Deathsentence didn't want testing to keep his numbers low. Sound familiar?

Great news! We've eclipsed out hospitalization record from the Holidays last year, before we had widespread available vaccinations. We're number 1! We're number 1! And this is with Texas, California, and Florida slowly getting the churn going. And then the anti-vax locations will get exposed and people start to die. So, if you needed medical help, well... you better get to the hospital shortly while beds are still available.

If the draconian lock downs and required masking don't work - as places like CA and NY have spikes in cases regardless of their policies - isn't it better to let people be free? The virus is part of the world now. It ain't going anywhere. Learn to live with it. Stop the fear mongering.

So your solution is to learn to die with it.

Masking does work--against N95s even Omicron has an Rt below 1.

Make it legal self defense to pepper spray any adult nose or mouth indoors other than in medical buildings and Omicron will stop.

I think the difference is, the Government is imposing an action on people rather than restricting. Also, I don't believe there is a federal law on drinking and driving.

I agree that such power should be wielded very rarely, but you know, pandemic... first time this bad in over a century... that'd be pretty rarely.

Thou shalt not operate a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.

Thou shalt not work in a large business while at high risk of spreading a dangerous disease.

(On the other hand, I'm not sure how much sense the vaccine mandate now makes given how it behaves against Omicron.)

61d7662795f1b90018379a47

I don't understand the purpose of this.

India is having omicron spike. And Russia had first daily rate increase in a while. I think it's omicron spike and next update will confirm it.

850,000 Americans today. Ohio... can't get any higher it seems, logistically. We are past our hospitalization record in January 2021. I can only imagine the hell in India that'll be coming. And of course, having 50 to 100 million cases of Omicron isn't exactly going to help prevent further mutations.

Thousands of anti lockdown protesters march through Glasgow city center;

Thousands of protesters gathered at Glasgow Green at 1pm on Saturday as public anger boiled over at First Minister Nicola Sturgeon's latest Covid curbs.

Daily Mail

Scotland and Wales persist with draconian and anti science policies against the population and yet their covid stats are worse than England.

The mandates in Scotland are all almost purely political. Sturgeon, leader of the Tartan Taliban will do the opposite of the UK government or more specifically, England.

Back
Top Bottom