• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

Originally Posted by from twitter
Doug Kuzma from frog news network who attended Clay Clark’s event in Dallas and was amongst those who claimed they were sick from an Anthrax attack. Had been admitted to the hospital and was ventilated as his lungs were not responding to treatment, has passed away from Covid.
Originally Posted by daily beast
Kuzma, who hosted a program on the far-right “Frog News Network” and called his listeners “froganites,” had come down with COVID-19 after attending the right-wing “ReAwaken America Tour” gathering held in Texas in mid-December. Friends of Kuzma told The Daily Beast that Kuzma had fallen ill following the event and was later admitted to the hospital, causing many of his loyal allies to lose touch with him.

Brexit looks to have been a good move for the UK.
Wow. Your comments about Covid are detached from reality, but this is just astonishing ignorance.

The UK economy has collapsed due to Brexit. The best case projections are that it will take decades to recover to where it was before. And there are STILL large parts of Brexit that haven't been implemented (because even the current administration can see that they will make the situation far worse than it already is).

Literally nothing has happened in the UK as a result of Brexit that has made life better in any way for British people, other than the handful of wealthy individuals who got rich shorting the FTSE and the pound.

As long as you don't work in the personal health care industry, nursing homes, or schools and exclude variants caused because of unvax'd spread of the disease.

The vaccinated are getting the disease and also spreading it. And some vaccinated do end up in hospital. The response to ban unvaccinated from social life is disproportionate to the actual circumstances.
The vaccinated and the unvaccinated do both get the disease, and both do spread it.

In other news, Sarina Williams and I both play tennis.

:rolleyes:

No vaccine is 100% effective. That doesn't mean that vaccination isn't an exceptionally good tool to end a pandemic.

LOL. The vaccine is not showing to be an "exceptionally good tool" to end this particular pandemic from what I see.

Banning unvaccinated from public places is reasonable, however inconvenient and unpleasant (for all of us ) it might be.

No it is not reasonable. It just appeals to the control freaks and authoritarians. Banning unvaccinated from anywhere does nothing to "stop the spread".

Why do you hate science so much?

View attachment 36603
Now, that's not fair.

He doesn't hate science, he just hates reality. Science he's quite happy with, as long as it happens to conform with his preferred beliefs.

Our nation is beginning to drown in spite.
Your nation has been drowning in spite for years now. Along with the rest of the English speaking world.

A handful of aging boomer men, with the irritability and hyper conservatism that frequently characterises old men, have control of the vast majority of the news media and have been pushing spite as a lifestyle for a long time now.

As long as you don't work in the personal health care industry, nursing homes, or schools and exclude variants caused because of unvax'd spread of the disease.

The vaccinated are getting the disease and also spreading it. And some vaccinated do end up in hospital. The response to ban unvaccinated from social life is disproportionate to the actual circumstances.
The vaccinated and the unvaccinated do both get the disease, and both do spread it.

In other news, Sarina Williams and I both play tennis.

:rolleyes:
I was 14 and Chris Evert was 11 iirc when she trashed me on center court at the Santa Barbara Country Club. (Pretty humiliating for a pubescent male).
I never recovered... so, yeah. good analogy. I think I won about as many games in that set as there would be fully vaccinated (boosted) people in a sample of say, 13 ICU patients.

Our nation is beginning to drown in spite.
Your nation has been drowning in spite for years now. Along with the rest of the English speaking world.

A handful of aging boomer men, with the irritability and hyper conservatism that frequently characterises old men, have control of the vast majority of the news media and have been pushing spite as a lifestyle for a long time now.
Treading stormy water for years. We are now head fully underwater now, and unable to breath.

You do realize what context is, right? That the spread of alpha (which didn't seem to be transmissible to the vaccinated) by the unvaccinated helped lead to variants like Delta and Omicron which can now be caught and spread by the vaccinated.

The mutations were in the mail long before vaccines were rolled out.

Omicron, probably, but the vaccines predate Delta. The design of the vaccines predates even Beta.

So, you folks got your way.

Not until all the draconian mandates are lifted and emergency powers revoked.

You got your way in that you're getting most everyone infected.

Never mind that there will be another that your herd immunity won't work against.

You do realize what context is, right? That the spread of alpha (which didn't seem to be transmissible to the vaccinated) by the unvaccinated helped lead to variants like Delta and Omicron which can now be caught and spread by the vaccinated.

Omicron, probably, but the vaccines predate Delta. The design of the vaccines predates even Beta.

Never mind that there will be another that your herd immunity won't work against.
If the draconian lock downs and required masking don't work - as places like CA and NY have spikes in cases regardless of their policies - isn't it better to let people be free? The virus is part of the world now. It ain't going anywhere. Learn to live with it. Stop the fear mongering.

If the draconian lock downs and required masking don't work - as places like CA and NY have spikes in cases regardless of their policies - isn't it better to let people be free? The virus is part of the world now. It ain't going anywhere. Learn to live with it. Stop the fear mongering.
They do, and did, work.

You just never tried them, because of idiots claiming that they couldn't possibly work.

They worked here in Queensland, right up until the idiots in our federal government used exactly the argument you just presented, along with some specious arguments about vaccination levels (90% of eligible population isn't the same as 90% of population), to persuade the non-expert politicians running the states to abandon this highly successful strategy, that has kept the number of fatalities in our state to single digits.

Not single digits per day, per week, or per month. Single digits in total. In a population about that of South Carolina.

For every Queenslander who has died of Covid, 2,106 South Carolina residents have perished. Draconian lockdowns and mandatory mask wearing are the difference between these two sets of figures.

immunity.png
Title text:
This plan may sound appealing to people who know a little about the immune system, but the drawbacks are clear to people who know a lot about the immune system and also to people who don't know anything about it.

https://xkcd.com/2557/

Meanwhile, I keep waiting for my booster as cases soar. We had over 95000 new positives yesterday, but over 55% of tests come back positive, so the real number is probably a lot higher; over 700% increase in 14 days, but also a large increase in rate of positives, so it's probably a lot more than that (deaths increased by almost 65%, so lethality keeps falling sharply). Now testing facilities are overwhelmed, so they will no longer test close contacts - they'll just count them as positive.

It looks like the 4 months announcement was a mistake of sorts, because the local government hasn't repeated it, the national government insists it's 5 months after the second, and that's that. In short, I guess I'll end up getting covid before I get my booster (and long after the second shot), since the virus is spreading absurdly fast and the government chooses for some reason to sit on millions of doses. It's annoying.
The vaccine helps reduce the chances of transmission, but not by a lot. The booster at this point is to keep hospitalizations and deaths down.
Yes, I know; I'm saying I wanted to get the booster and enough time to take effect before I get infected, since infection seems probable unless I already had it and did not notice. Now the local government insists on 4 months (vs. 5 at the national level), but in fact I haven't been contacted yet and it's been over 4 months, so it's annoying.

For every Queenslander who has died of Covid, 2,106 South Carolina residents have perished
Maybe we should kill some more Queenslanders? At some point Lindsey Graham could become a statistic.

LA County, a heavily mandated county has reported record number of covid cases/infections;

Los Angeles County Thursday reported the highest number of new COVID-19 cases ever recorded for a single day in the region. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, there were 37,215 new positive COVID cases, shattering the previous record of 27,091 set last Friday.

LA News

LA County, a heavily mandated county has reported record number of covid cases/infections;

Los Angeles County Thursday reported the highest number of new COVID-19 cases ever recorded for a single day in the region. According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, there were 37,215 new positive COVID cases, shattering the previous record of 27,091 set last Friday.

LA News
The levee was overtopped and isn't completely stopping the floodwaters, let's bulldoze away all of the levee!

LA News
The levee was overtopped and isn't completely stopping the floodwaters, let's bulldoze away all of the levee!
Gibberish.

Woman with brain tumor can't get surgery because COVID patients taking up all the ICU beds.

For those of you who don’t know, I was told on October 1st that removal would need to happen by the end of the year to be sure to avoid the tumor growing large enough for me to start seeing symptoms, which could quite possibly be signs of irreversible brain damage,” she continued, “as well as to prevent the tumor from attaching itself more firmly to the spinal cord than it already is, and therefore making the surgery that much more dangerous.”

Not much for evidence via social media, but we definitely know that some people have been delayed in getting health care treatment due to most unvaccinated people. Reanswering (for the trillionth time, why it matters to a vaccinated person if someone is unvaccinated).

LA News
Gibberish.
Thanks for summarizing your post quickly. Saves us all time.

q

LA News
Gibberish.
Thanks for summarizing your post quickly. Saves us all time.
More gibberish.

Back
Top Bottom