• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

if this account is true from a real nurse and the nurse gave real name and the hospital, I think that might be a firing offense. So being anonymous is warranted.

But if this person is not a nurse or is a nurse and these events did not happen at all, part of me wants heavy criminal or civil penalties. Even though by the first amendment a wide latitude should be given. This is a factual assertion of exact events, if this is a lie it is a type of fraud.

View attachment 37277

Given the avatar I would doubt that's not a real nurse.
Given the double negative I would doubt that you would doing that is a real nurse. :p

Based on a few posts of theirs, it feels like they have some adjacency to hospital work, but they certainly have a ridiculous grudge, are wildly biased, and it really feels like she isn't an RN at all.

Walensky maintains school mask rules despite practically admitting zero evidence to support her position;

CDC director Rochelle Walensky stood by school mask guidance and offered no indication of plans in the near future to relax the rules, according to leaked audio reportedly from a closed-door congressional committee briefing. “The CDC provides guidance,” Walensky said in an audio recording of Tuesday’s House Energy and Commerce Committee briefing obtained by Reason. “Our guidance currently is that masking should happen in all schools right now.” She refused to offer a timeline for when the agency would lift its guidelines for masks in schools — even after a number of states moved to lift their mandates within the next few weeks.

Walensky faced criticism from lawmakers after she suggested that local jurisdictions didn’t have to follow the CDC’s guidance.
I will also say that guidance is just guidance, and all of these decisions, we’ve continued to say, have to be made at the local level,” Walensky said. “As cases come down dramatically, we have deferred our guidance to the local jurisdictions.”

NYP

The CDC is pretty much impotent now. A lot of California schools have left it up to the individual as to whether they wear a mask or not.

And the insufferable prick Newsom was babbling about a new "SMARTER" covid plan;

"What we're announcing here today is about turning a page," the Democratic governor said in a speech in San Bernardino County on Thursday. "We have all come to understand what was not understood at the beginning of this crisis, that there is no end date, that there is not a moment where we declare victory despite so many of the metaphors that were used during this pandemic -- the war metaphors where we said, 'We will defeat this virus. In that light, we have put together a plan that we coin as the 'SMARTER' plan because we are smarter two years later. We are more adaptable. We are more capable to understand the nature of this disease," Newsom added.
The plan is an acronym for the state's seven priorities moving forward: Shots, masks, awareness, readiness, testing, education and Rx.

CNN

Laughable.

Walensky maintains school mask rules despite practically admitting zero evidence to support her position;

CDC director Rochelle Walensky stood by school mask guidance and offered no indication of plans in the near future to relax the rules, according to leaked audio reportedly from a closed-door congressional committee briefing. “The CDC provides guidance,” Walensky said in an audio recording of Tuesday’s House Energy and Commerce Committee briefing obtained by Reason. “Our guidance currently is that masking should happen in all schools right now.” She refused to offer a timeline for when the agency would lift its guidelines for masks in schools — even after a number of states moved to lift their mandates within the next few weeks.

Walensky faced criticism from lawmakers after she suggested that local jurisdictions didn’t have to follow the CDC’s guidance.
I will also say that guidance is just guidance, and all of these decisions, we’ve continued to say, have to be made at the local level,” Walensky said. “As cases come down dramatically, we have deferred our guidance to the local jurisdictions.”

NYP

The CDC is pretty much impotent now.
Certainly is the case. People are done with the virus... doesn't matter the virus isn't done with us. Kind of like whining about the NWS and a cold winter and not putting up with it and going out in shorts and a t-shirt.

People want the CDC to bring out more guidance and the CDC is trying to remind people, COVID-19 still exists. Our daily cases are about 1/10th of the peak from the Omicron wave, yet, still about 10 times higher than in the spring of 2021 when Alpha was prevalent and people were getting vaccinated.

Walensky's goal is for hospitals to be at a point where patients can walk in and get care without serious delays. In the normal world, this would be a reasonable standard when it came to communal health.

Generally, America is saying "if you are 75 or older, you've lived long enough, if you have a problem with that, just stay inside".

Old people can't make good novel antibodies so well anymore.

Even if you try to protect them by social distancing they will eventually get covid and their antibodies from a vaccine may be subpar.

So they should get first crack or even be the only people except cancer patients etc... to get MABs at zero cost. For getting MABs, 45 year olds with no vaccination should be behind 75 year olds who were even boosted. All this is contingent on MABs that work for the strain of covid.

All old or immunocompromised people should have a standing pre-order for MABs with a verification step that will only take a few hours from the double check to administration of the correct MABs. One elderly coworker has that in place.

I know, it's just so darned frustrating when the plebs won't do as they're told.
Hundreds of thousands of "plebs" died because they wouldn't get vaccinated. Over 100,000 just for Omicron alone.

A cause for celebration on here for some.

Get vaccinated, protect yourself and others... a win-win really. Instead, hundreds of thousands died because they suffered from a comorbidity of stupidity and stubbornness.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Certainly is the case. People are done with the virus... doesn't matter the virus isn't done with us. Kind of like whining about the NWS and a cold winter and not putting up with it and going out in shorts and a t-shirt.

This. You can't just unilaterally call off a war that's on your own territory.

People want the CDC to bring out more guidance and the CDC is trying to remind people, COVID-19 still exists. Our daily cases are about 1/10th of the peak from the Omicron wave, yet, still about 10 times higher than in the spring of 2021 when Alpha was prevalent and people were getting vaccinated.

No. People want the CDC to give them some magical formula to stay safe without inconvenience.

In warning to U.S., COVID rates soar after Denmark lifts all restrictions
At the beginning of February, Denmark became the first major country to lift the last of its COVID-19 restrictions and effectively declare its part in the pandemic over.

Since then, however, Denmark has continued to record more COVID-19 cases per capita than nearly anywhere else in the world, and both COVID hospitalizations and deaths have shot up by about a third.

“Not looking good in Denmark,” Dr. Eric Topol, founder and director of the Scripps Translational Institute, tweeted Sunday, sharing several charts that terminated in near-vertical upward lines. “Deaths are now 67% of peak, with a steep ascent.”

“The world is looking to Denmark as a guide to removing all restrictions,” Topol added in a subsequent tweet, “and it seems that we've seen this movie before.” He then attached a screenshot of a news story headlined “Denmark lifts all coronavirus restrictions and celebrates ‘a whole new era’” — from Sept. 10, 2021.
So don't put away your lower-face masks just yet. They are also helpful for colds and the flu.

In warning to U.S., COVID rates soar after Denmark lifts all restrictions
At the beginning of February, Denmark became the first major country to lift the last of its COVID-19 restrictions and effectively declare its part in the pandemic over.

Since then, however, Denmark has continued to record more COVID-19 cases per capita than nearly anywhere else in the world, and both COVID hospitalizations and deaths have shot up by about a third.

“Not looking good in Denmark,” Dr. Eric Topol, founder and director of the Scripps Translational Institute, tweeted Sunday, sharing several charts that terminated in near-vertical upward lines. “Deaths are now 67% of peak, with a steep ascent.”

“The world is looking to Denmark as a guide to removing all restrictions,” Topol added in a subsequent tweet, “and it seems that we've seen this movie before.” He then attached a screenshot of a news story headlined “Denmark lifts all coronavirus restrictions and celebrates ‘a whole new era’” — from Sept. 10, 2021.
So don't put away your lower-face masks just yet. They are also helpful for colds and the flu.
Over 100,000 cases yesterday which is above pre-omicron numbers. And we have people thinking it is over. Kind of like the floodwaters are still well up on the flood gate, wanting to open the flood gates because they want get across the bridge to the bar. It's time, you know.

I know, it's just so darned frustrating when the plebs won't do as they're told.
Hundreds of thousands of "plebs" died because they wouldn't get vaccinated. Over 100,000 just for Omicron alone.
A cause for celebration mind numbing frustration on here for some.
You can vilify people who took this pandemic seriously, but the reality is, they aren't the villains. Over 100,000 dead because those people refused to listen.
Get vaccinated, protect yourself and others... a win-win really. Instead, hundreds of thousands died because they suffered from a comorbidity of stupidity and stubbornness.
Maybe. Maybe not.
Not really. It is one of the only things that are certain. Over 300,000 Americans have died from Covid since June 1st, 2021, after the vaccine was widely available. Almost all of them would still be alive if they had gotten vaccinated. And yet, you are still insisting on your ridiculous fait accompli nonsense. Oddly, had they gotten vaccinated, and there were 1,000 hospitalizations in the US of vaccinated people, you'd be pissing on about that too. Why get vaccinated if you end up in the hospital. Of course, with the unvaccinated out there, the numbers were more than a magnitude greater than that. So you piss on about anything, really. Except that 300,000 died needlessly.

Social media users have widely shared a claim that late French virologist Dr Luc Montagnier suggested people who had received a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine should get tested for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). There is no evidence Montagnier said this, and COVID-19 boosters can not lead to positive HIV tests.

Montagnier, who won a Nobel Prize for his part in discovering HIV, died on Feb 8. 2022, according to reports (here, here) .

Social media users have since shared a quote attributed to Montagnier, but Reuters could not find any evidence the words came from the French scientist. It reads: "For those of you that have taken the third dose, go and take a test for AIDS. The results may surprise you. Then sue your government.” Examples can be seen here and here .

“The results mat surprise you” is kind of a dead giveaway as that is classic clickbait text.

“The results mat surprise you” is kind of a dead giveaway as that is classic clickbait text.
“Try this one weird trick,”
I like how it is “may surprise you”... where as I would expect to be in more of a stte of “shocked beyond all belief”.

Me: Heh, that was a surprise.
Wife: What?
Me: Test came back, I have HIV.
Wife: Surprising.

Went to a a restaurant in LA proper yesterday. They’re a bit more stickler for rules in LA it seems, vaccine check and masks required. Didn’t sit well with me. Hostess asked me to put on a mask, I muttered “oh ffs” under my breath and said I didn’t have one. Well she provided me with one. But oddly they didn’t ask to see proof of vaccine. So I walked the 20 feet to the table sat down, removed the mask and never put it on again. Enjoyed my meal.

Another trip to the supermarket sans mask and nobody said anything. Nice to see at least five other people maskless in the store.

Went to a a restaurant in LA proper yesterday. They’re a bit more stickler for rules in LA it seems, vaccine check and masks required. Didn’t sit well with me. Hostess asked me to put on a mask, I muttered “oh ffs” under my breath and said I didn’t have one. Well she provided me with one. But oddly they didn’t ask to see proof of vaccine. So I walked the 20 feet to the table sat down, removed the mask and never put it on again. Enjoyed my meal.

Another trip to the supermarket sans mask and nobody said anything. Nice to see at least five other people maskless in the store.

I'm sure you are very proud of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom