• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

In Russia they are trying to test vaccine for kids from 6 to 11. For that they need children without antibodies to C19. Could not find any in Moscow.
Makes me wonder about texas and Florida not having as bad Omicron waves being related to huge Delta infection rate.

Almost certainly. While prior infection isn't as good as vaccination it still provides a fair reduction in severity with Omicron.

if this account is true from a real nurse and the nurse gave real name and the hospital, I think that might be a firing offense. So being anonymous is warranted.

But if this person is not a nurse or is a nurse and these events did not happen at all, part of me wants heavy criminal or civil penalties. Even though by the first amendment a wide latitude should be given. This is a factual assertion of exact events, if this is a lie it is a type of fraud.

Screenshot from 2022-02-17 08-02-50.png

No, it's not normal. But then again these are not normal times.

BTW, myocarditis is much more prevalent in people with covid than without. I don't see any distinction in that tweet.

BTW, myocarditis is much more prevalent in people with covid than without. I don't see any distinction in that tweet.
I may be misunderstanding something but I think that was the point of the tweet: myocarditis is not often found in children.

if this account is true from a real nurse...
...would probably be a good idea to confirm before going any further and trying to spread your typical passive aggressive dissent.

Emergency Room RN's account started in late December 2021 and it quoting Infowars... so fuck that account, and those spreading their lies.

I may be misunderstanding something but I think that was the point of the tweet: myocarditis is not often found in children.
How about children with covid? And only one child was actually cited in the tweet.

Well, they can easily find out
...would probably be a good idea to confirm before going any further and trying to spread your typical passive aggressive dissent.

Emergency Room RN's account started in late December 2021 and it quoting Infowars... so fuck that account, and those spreading their lies.

If they were careless enough to out their real identity and that was proven to be that of a non nurse, I would fully approve prosecution.

If Congress were to investigate the pandemic and determine what could be done to stop this from happening again,{snip}

Like stop a modified virus from escaping a lab? I'd be onboard with that.
We must not allow a virus like this to escape a lab again! Otherwise, we would need to mock any and all mitigation efforts against it that we didn't think were necessary because it isn't that bad. All this mockery is exhausting!

I know, it's just so darned frustrating when the plebs won't do as they're told.
Hundreds of thousands of "plebs" died because they wouldn't get vaccinated. Over 100,000 just for Omicron alone.

Get vaccinated, protect yourself and others... a win-win really. Instead, hundreds of thousands died because they suffered from a comorbidity of stupidity and stubbornness.

How about children with covid? And only one child was actually cited in the tweet.
Right--myocarditis is generally a result of a viral infection. It's rare in children but much less rare in children with COVID infections.

So, all of those people who are ranting about children not being badly affected by COVID19 or by Omicron are wrong. There is an increase in hospitalizations and serious illness in children with Omicron.

Right--myocarditis is generally a result of a viral infection. It's rare in children but much less rare in children with COVID infections.

So, all of those people who are ranting about children not being badly affected by COVID19 or by Omicron are wrong. There is an increase in hospitalizations and serious illness in children with Omicron.
Yup.

The tweet is vague as to the actual circumstances. I suspect this was on purpose.

Well, they can easily find out

If they were careless enough to out their real identity and that was proven to be that of a non nurse, I would fully approve prosecution.
That's nice. Spread misinformation and then act like you care if it is misinformation.

Yup.

The tweet is vague as to the actual circumstances. I suspect this was on purpose.
Ah, I thought it was very much pointing out that having 2 patients under 26, including a 9 year old was a very unusual event and I tied it to COVID19. To me, that was the point.

Yup.

Ah, I thought it was very much pointing out that having 2 patients under 26, including a 9 year old was a very unusual event and I tied it to COVID19. To me, that was the point.
Except if you look at said Twitter account, it doesn't appear to actually be an RN. Just more anti-vax BS.

Yeah the profile pic that reads "Truth Seeker" is another big red flag.

The entire tweet has more red flags than Stalin's funeral; Disseminating it without mockery is practically a criminal act of negligence in its own right.

I am not a nurse, or a doctor, or any kind of medical professional; But there's literally nothing to stop me from pretending to be one on Twitter.

New Omicron ba-2, appear potentially more transmissable and causin more severe desease. More.

Data is not yet conclusive and tons more to learn but

BA.2 is about 30% to 50% more contagious than Omicron. It has been detected in 74 countries and 47 US states.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that about 4% of Americans with Covid-19 now have infections caused by BA.2, but many other parts of the world have more experience with this variant. It has become dominant in at least 10 other countries: Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Denmark, Guam, India, Montenegro, Nepal, Pakistan and the Philippines, according to World Health Organization's weekly epidemiological report.

But, there's mixed evidence on the severity of BA.2 in the real world. Hospitalizations continue to decline in countries where BA.2 has gained a foothold, like South Africa and the UK. But in Denmark, where BA.2 has become the leading cause of infections, hospitalizations and deaths are rising, according to WHO.

I guess we will see if it is has some good cross protection gained from BA.1 infection. Not at all guaranteed.

Yeah the profile pic that reads "Truth Seeker" is another big red flag.

The entire tweet has more red flags than Stalin's funeral; Disseminating it without mockery is practically a criminal act of negligence in its own right.

I am not a nurse, or a doctor, or any kind of medical professional; But there's literally nothing to stop me from pretending to be one on Twitter.
You're gonna make me question Nunes' cow's account's verisimilitude...

An anime convention in November was not an omicron superspreader event

Vaccination and masking requirements, social distancing and improved ventilation at the event venue probably reduced transmission, the researchers say. The event also benefitted from timing, as it occurred at the very beginning of the city’s omicron wave when community transmission was low.
Good to see the “experiment” results shhowing the efficacy of the mask and distance measures.
“It’s nice to confirm that the event wasn’t a spreader event,” McGinn said in an e-mail. “It makes me more comfortable in the future going to these types of events as long as mask and vax requirements are in place.”

The researchers also found that attendees who tested positive for any version of the coronavirus were more likely to have socialized outside the convention itself. For instance, 18.8 percent of positive attendees had attended karaoke venues in the city, compared with 2.4 percent of attendees who tested negative.

And the control group.

The final paragraph claims that “a week later it would have been disastrous,” but the results they did get still show it would be not as bad as if they had no masks and no vaxxes.

if this account is true from a real nurse and the nurse gave real name and the hospital, I think that might be a firing offense. So being anonymous is warranted.

But if this person is not a nurse or is a nurse and these events did not happen at all, part of me wants heavy criminal or civil penalties. Even though by the first amendment a wide latitude should be given. This is a factual assertion of exact events, if this is a lie it is a type of fraud.

View attachment 37277

Given the avatar I would doubt that's not a real nurse.

Back
Top Bottom