• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

This would be a horribly stupid bioweapon, nobody designed it
You seem to fail to understand the situation.
Nobody said it was bioweapon.
So, we have researchers claiming it was created in the lab with 99.9% certainty.
Discuss!
Let's see, how would barbos "discuss" this?

Oh, I know:

That's bullshit.

So, we have researchers claiming it was created in the lab with 99.9% certainty.
Discuss!

Oh, I know:

That's bullshit.
Well, that's how you do it. I merely noticed a trend going from "It's not from the lab" to "It is likely from the lab"

Discuss!

Oh, I know:

That's bullshit.
Well, that's how you do it. I merely noticed a trend going from "It's not from the lab" to "It is likely from the lab"
We have one report that says artificial--but it's based on some pretty bad reasoning.

Beyond that we simply have the possibility that the lab was studying something they found and got sloppy. If so it would have happened anyway. This is not the first time SARS-related viruses have jumped to humans.

Beyond that we simply have the possibility that the lab was studying something they found and got sloppy
That's not what study concludes. Besides, you need to provide the evidence of existence of the wild variant of the original virus. So far, all attempts to find it have been unsuccessful.

One issue is that there is no usch thing as a cure for the common virus or common cold. In my neophyte knowledge, it it because the virus mutates and changes all the time.

I have been VACCINATED (not vaxxed, not vax, because these are not words), about two years ago in China. My wife sort of made me do it, but was happy to do it, niavely believing that once everyone got the shot, the virus would go away somehow and we can FINALLY go back to our lives. It has not worked this way at all, and China is under the asinine "Zero Covid" strategy to where if three people get the sniffles, the city goes on high alert. The people of course dont want the city "shut down" so everyone polices each other, everyone wearing a face diaper (which I cant stand and is worthless). But that is off the subject. But I took the Chinese Covid vaccine made with who knows what chemical and am still here.

There has been lots of rumors and whatnot of people dying of the VACCINE. Everytime there is a story of a young, healthy person dying, people are asking online was the person VACCINATED or not. There is even an anti-vaccine film now called "Died Suddenly". I think for now that someone who drops dead at 20 who was and looked healthy but was vaccinated, died from being vaccinated. It sucks, but young people, even seemingly healthy young people, drop dead. A kid, I didnt know who was a year behind me in school, dropped dead in the tenth grade. Brain Hemmorage. It is a stretch to say that anyone's death is associated with a vaccination, but not impossible.

I have been VACCINATED (not vaxxed, not vax, because these are not words), about two years ago in China. My wife sort of made me do it, but was happy to do it, niavely believing that once everyone got the shot, the virus would go away somehow and we can FINALLY go back to our lives. It has not worked this way at all, and China is under the asinine "Zero Covid" strategy to where if three people get the sniffles, the city goes on high alert. The people of course dont want the city "shut down" so everyone polices each other, everyone wearing a face diaper (which I cant stand and is worthless). But that is off the subject. But I took the Chinese Covid vaccine made with who knows what chemical and am still here.

Earlier today I saw an estimate of what the current strains would do to China if they're not controlled: Over a million dead.

The problem with the zero Covid strategy is that the current strains are simply too infectious for containment. China is pushing ever harder on an impossible goal. You're going to lose a lot of people.

As for "face diapers"--yeah, they're not going to do much against Omicron. Proper respirators (KN95 is what you would have there) still work pretty well, although every KN95 I've seen has been an ear loop design which is inherently flawed as enough pressure to get a good face seal will bother the ears over time.

There is no reason to think the Chinese vaccines were unsafe. Killed-virus vaccines are a very old technology, any reasonable competence in the manufacturing will produce a safe product. The problem is one of effectiveness--the virus mutates too fast and soon evades the vaccine. This happens a lot faster with a killed-virus vaccine than with the mRNA vaccines that singled out a more stable part of the virus, but even the mRNA ones now pretty much are just about reducing the severity.

There has been lots of rumors and whatnot of people dying of the VACCINE. Everytime there is a story of a young, healthy person dying, people are asking online was the person VACCINATED or not. There is even an anti-vaccine film now called "Died Suddenly". I think for now that someone who drops dead at 20 who was and looked healthy but was vaccinated, died from being vaccinated. It sucks, but young people, even seemingly healthy young people, drop dead. A kid, I didnt know who was a year behind me in school, dropped dead in the tenth grade. Brain Hemmorage. It is a stretch to say that anyone's death is associated with a vaccination, but not impossible.
There's a lot of disinformation out there. And while there have been vaccine-related deaths they don't show up as dropped dead. Rather, a young person just dropping dead is what you sometimes get with Covid. Covid causes clotting. Throwing a clot into the brain (stroke), heart (heart attack), or lungs (pulmonary embolism) can cause you to drop in seconds and die in a few minutes. Young people keeling over with heart attacks is IIRC 30% above normal.

One issue is that there is no usch thing as a cure for the common virus or common cold. In my neophyte knowledge, it it because the virus mutates and changes all the time.

I have been VACCINATED (not vaxxed, not vax, because these are not words), about two years ago in China. My wife sort of made me do it, but was happy to do it, niavely believing that once everyone got the shot, the virus would go away somehow and we can FINALLY go back to our lives.
There was hope that could be possible, but that was never warrantied. People who got vaccinated died a lot less than people who didn't. Magnitudes less.
This paragraph did a great job of saying everything and nothing, implying just about anything.

This paragraph did a great job of saying everything and nothing, implying just about anything.

The very mechanics of the generation of conspiracy "theories". Vague implied threats of indescribable horrors ...
Yawn.

The answer is simple. A fart is a gas.

When someone coughs or sneezes it is droplets. A mask reduces the amount of v[rus that gets in your mouth and nose reducng risk of infection or reducng viral load and severity.

If brushing yuor teeth was mandatory there would be peple who refused to brush and have their teeth rot.

A six-month-old baby whose parents refused to allow him to undergo lifesaving heart surgery using blood from people vaccinated against Covid-19 has been operated on in a New Zealand hospital.

If brushing yuor teeth was mandatory there would be peple who refused to brush and have their teeth rot.

A six-month-old baby whose parents refused to allow him to undergo lifesaving heart surgery using blood from people vaccinated against Covid-19 has been operated on in a New Zealand hospital.

I often wonder whether this kind of idiocy is homegrown or imported from the US.

I often wonder whether this kind of idiocy is homegrown or imported from the US.
There are other sovereign nations you know. Sometimes they are even capable of producing their own idiots.

China's irrational extreme nationalism prevents them from using non Chinese better vaccines.

Over here mandate yearly dental checkups and some will claim a religious exemption.

The CDC is recommending wearing masks when indoors again. I never stopped wearing one, but we do go out for pizza at least once a week in a restaurant that is never crowded when we go, so we do take a few little risks. I don't see the big deal with wearing a mask. A recent study in two We older adults are still at fairly high risk for serious illness if we contract COVID, especially if we have other risk factors or haven't been fully vaccinated and boosted. Almost all of the deaths now are people over 65.

What is really getting me, is that only about 25% of people have had their flu vaccines this year, so hospitals are becoming over crowded not just with COVID but with flu. This year's flu vaccine is proven to be more effective than recent years, at least 50%. That might sound low but it's pretty good for a flu vaccine.

The sad aspect of this story is that it was fraudulent cards that got her convicted and not her completely fraudulent ‘medicine’.

Capone went to prison for tax evasion. It is disappointing that the official record doesn't bare the marks of medicinal fraud, and that we have accept prison time on its own for forging Federal documents.

Back
Top Bottom