• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

I wasn't paying enough attention at the time (being in a different country, 'n' all). Can anyone tell me if there was a spike in cases after that huge motorcycle rally?
This requires math and a lot of logistics. A study implied it was responsible for 200,000 cases, which seems a bit high. Sturgis went up for certain, but the "spike" would be tempered by geography. It certainly was a bad idea. And seeing US cases aren't dropping anymore... oh FFS, when can we get back to fucking normal?! These selfish assholes are all in it for themselves.

It's difficult enough to try to trust young adults with raging hormones to not do anything stupid. So when you have a dum-dum President telling them to reopen schools, that young people are at less risk, that "virtually nobody" got it other than old people, and wearing masks is a Democrat hoax, this is bound to happen.

I wasn't paying enough attention at the time (being in a different country, 'n' all). Can anyone tell me if there was a spike in cases after that huge motorcycle rally?

Spike confirmed. Just how big is tied up in politics.

These days France and Spain have significantly more per capita daily cases than US.

Interesting that Angela Merkel should be so greatly respected.
Yes, quite strange, given that she is responsible for the huge wave of Islamic mass migration (aka invasion) since 2015 and that she wants to bring in even more Muslim mass migrants.

Muslims are giving France this:
Two injured in Paris knife attack near Charlie Hebdo's former office

And most probably this too:
France street harassment: Strasbourg woman attacked 'for wearing skirt'

And in Germany:
Ten men convicted over gang rape in Germany

selfie_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwQ40NZzMzMoMNeFa8NnNtcQ.jpg
Merkel cares more about Muslim mass migrants than her own people.

Police in Nottingham must be toiling to find real crimes to deal with so they patrol the streets of Nottingham in search of loud music and *gasp* dancing !;

Four university students have been fined £10,000 each after telling police who broke up their house party they were "spoiling their fun". Officers on patrol spotted a party in Lenton, Nottingham, on Tuesday night but were told everyone had left. But inside they found more than 30 people hiding and, when challenged, organisers complained they should be having the "time of their lives". Nottingham Trent University said the third-year students had been suspended. Mixing of households or support bubbles indoors has been banned since Nottingham went into tier two restrictions on 14 October. On Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said talks over moving Nottinghamshire into tier three were "ongoing" but the city council's leader said no discussions had started.

BBC

When you listen to national media and the like, you'd think it's only Sturgis motorcycle rallies and other predominantly white pastimes where people congregate without masks.

Rap events are often ignored even though they are packed and usually indoors.

What social distancing? Atlanta nightclubs packed despite pandemic

AJC said:
An Atlanta nightclub was packed into the early hours recently as revelers celebrated the 11th studio album by hometown rapper T.I.
A video of the event at the Gold Room making the rounds on social media shows a packed house and T.I. posing for photos. What it doesn’t show: Social distancing or many folks wearing masks.
“No masks ANYWHERE,” one person posted on Twitter in response.

By the way, that building used to be a strip club before it was a church and now it's a gaudy night club.

AJC said:
Friday night’s gathering wasn’t an isolated event in Atlanta, where clubs have been crowded despite the ongoing pandemic. Elleven45 Lounge recently hosted entertainer Gucci Mane, according to an Instagram post. Atlanta Pride was virtual this year, but partyers not officially affiliated with the annual festival swarmed BJ Roosters on Cheshire Bridge Road, various social media posts showed.

What's the difference between this and the Sturgis bikers?

When you listen to national media and the like, you'd think it's only Sturgis motorcycle rallies and other predominantly white pastimes where people congregate without masks.

AJC said:
An Atlanta nightclub was packed into the early hours recently as revelers celebrated the 11th studio album by hometown rapper T.I.
A video of the event at the Gold Room making the rounds on social media shows a packed house and T.I. posing for photos. What it doesn’t show: Social distancing or many folks wearing masks.
“No masks ANYWHERE,” one person posted on Twitter in response.

By the way, that building used to be a strip club before it was a church and now it's a gaudy night club.

AJC said:
Friday night’s gathering wasn’t an isolated event in Atlanta, where clubs have been crowded despite the ongoing pandemic. Elleven45 Lounge recently hosted entertainer Gucci Mane, according to an Instagram post. Atlanta Pride was virtual this year, but partyers not officially affiliated with the annual festival swarmed BJ Roosters on Cheshire Bridge Road, various social media posts showed.

I don't have any impression about race in media coverage of covid. You seem to be obsessed.

The Sturgis Rally had something like 400,000 people. That’s one huge difference. And they all went back to different states. One of them came back to my area, and opened up his restaurant upon his return.

I don't have any impression about race in media coverage of covid. You seem to be obsessed.
Can't even have a pandemic thread without race entering this? What the fuck?! Get a room Derec!

Scaling back the frequency they report it... which might be the road to not reporting it.

Why not report the numbers if things are going so well?

Back
Top Bottom