• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.
  • 2021 Internet Infidels Fundraising Drive
    Greetings! Time for the annual fundraiser.Sorry for the late update, we normally start this early in October. Funds are needed to keep II and IIDB online. I was not able to get an IIDB based donations addon implemented for this year, I will make sure to have that done for next year. You can help support II in several ways, please visit the Support Us page for more info. Or just click:

I will try to track all donations from IIDB. Many thanks to those that have already donated. The current total is $778. If everyone dontated just $5, we would easily hit our goal.

Covid-19 miscellany

crazyfingers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I marvel at those who object to mask-wearing as an intolerable affront. Objecting to lockdowns I can understand, but objecting to masks???

There is no accounting for selfish assholes who don't accept that their freedom ends when they put others at risk.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
The world's number one soccer player (arguably) has vented his frustration at the Covid test, calling it bullshit;

Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed his frustration after a third positive Covid-19 test ruled him out of Juventus' UEFA Champions League clash with Barcelona and reportedly “feels like a beast forced to stay in cage.” The Juventus star took to Instagram on Wednesday to tell his 241 million followers he is “feeling good and healthy,” but added in a subsequent (and since-deleted) comment: “PCR IS BULLSHIT.”

He has continued to keep followers updated during his recovery, and last week appeared to be in good spirits as he worked on an exercise bike alone at home.

RTNews

In last night's game six of the World Series, Los Angeles Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner was taken out of the game during the 7th or 8th inning because his Covid test was positive but he was healthy enough to play the earlier innings and also celebrate the win on the field after the game.

A virus so lethal that a test is required to determine if the patient has it.

Unfortunately, we have no way of being sure exactly when a person is no longer infectious. It's better to isolate some who are actually safe than allow the healthy but infectious out into society to kill others.

Besides, you realize that's Soviet propaganda? Putin laughs at how gullible you are.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about the death rate being well above average? If over 200 thousand have died of C19 in the US to date, isn't that sufficient reason to take precautions?

200k ? Not hardly. Consigning people into crushing poverty from which they may never recover is not taking precautions. And there are other contributing factors to an above average death rate.

Yeah, it's not 200k, it's 300k.

And while not all are Covid deaths not taking the precautions would kill even more from Covid.

And it's not going to throw anyone into poverty from which they can never recover--if they weren't in poverty before they have the earning potential to recover. At worst declare bankruptcy and get on with life.

(Of course, that doesn't count those whose body or mind is wrecked by Covid. Those very well might never recover.)

Trausti

Contributor
EliMvnyXgAUrJdK

Progress!

TSwizzle

Contributor
Having contracted (or at least tested positive for) the lethal, deadly and super scary corona virus just two weeks ago, Christiano Ronaldo scores two goals in his first game back. A MIRACLE !!111!!!111!!!!

Cristiano Ronaldo came off the bench to score a brace on his return from coronavirus as Juventus got back to winning ways in Serie A with a 4-1 victory against promoted Spezia on Sunday.

Yahoo

A virus so lethal that it needs a test to determine if the patient has it. :rolleyes:

Having contracted (or at least tested positive for) the lethal, deadly and super scary corona virus just two weeks ago, Christiano Ronaldo scores two goals in his first game back. A MIRACLE !!111!!!111!!!!

Cristiano Ronaldo came off the bench to score a brace on his return from coronavirus as Juventus got back to winning ways in Serie A with a 4-1 victory against promoted Spezia on Sunday.

Yahoo

A virus so lethal that it needs a test to determine if the patient has it. :rolleyes:

So he was out for 2 weeks. What a lazy jerk!

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member

There were many diagnosed with covid long before testing was made available.

Multiple sclerosis has been a known disease diagnosed without a test for many, many years.

But you go on and keep expressing your ignorance. It's all that's expected of you.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yahoo

Looks like it has an IFR of about 1%: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-10-covid-deaths-infection-fatality-ratio.html

And that means several % have lasting problems.

blastula

Contributor
Mark Meadows, Trump’s Chief of Staff, Has the Coronavirus - NY Times

On Tuesday night, Mr. Meadows was at Mr. Trump’s election party at the White House, which featured several hundred people gathered in the East Room for several hours, many of them not wearing masks as they mingled while watching the election returns.

The president’s chief of staff was also in contact with a coterie of aides earlier in the day at the Trump campaign headquarters in Virginia, crammed into a tight space, where he was not wearing a mask as the president greeted campaign workers.

During the pandemic, Mr. Meadows has encouraged Mr. Trump’s desire to minimize the threat of the virus and focus instead on the economy. He was dismissive of mask-wearing in the White House, and wore one only very sporadically as he traveled with the president or during events in the Oval Office

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Pfizer says their vaccine is 90% effective. One remaining question is how long is it effective, but this is certainly positive news. Trump will likely demand a new election so voters can take Pfizer's news into account and give him credit for their work.

T.G.G. Moogly

Formerly Joedad
Pfizer says their vaccine is 90% effective. One remaining question is how long is it effective, but this is certainly positive news. Trump will likely demand a new election so voters can take Pfizer's news into account and give him credit for their work.

But what about Utah listening to those scientists and all that scientific fake news and the governor declaring a mask mandate statewide for the next two weeks along with other measures? The fake news about Covid is spreading. God help us all! Science is evil. Blow, Gabriel! Give me Trump or give me death!

TomC

Veteran Member
Ben Carson has covid. He was also at the same election night party as was Mark Meadows.

That doesn't mean Carson got infected by Meadows. Carson might have been infected by Noah.

Didn't they take baths together, about 3000 years ago?

Tom

TSwizzle

Contributor
A colleague in WI tested positive. They had symptoms early last week, had a test on Wednesday and the result was positive. The other six people in the office got tested and all were negative. My colleague's household were all negative too. They have no idea how they came to be infected.

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, you know you were exposed. Why is there any discussion of going somewhere, you should be isolating! Both of you!

(Sorry, I can't provide details.)

TSwizzle

Contributor
Wow, less than a week after Election Day it’s announced a vaccine that is 90% effective is available ? Nothing fishy about that, no siree.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Well, I'm going to remain in quarantine and keep stress eating anyway. I've become attached to this lifestyle.

Shadowy Man

Veteran Member

The Democrats will cheat and win in that election too. The Republicans knew beforehand that the Democrats would cheat and apparently were powerless to stop it.

Jokodo

Veteran Member
Wow, less than a week after Election Day it’s announced a vaccine that is 90% effective is available ? Nothing fishy about that, no siree.

Less than a week after the vaccine is announced, you post a comment about it that's almost free of spelling errors? Now that's fishy - you must have precomposed it based on inside information.

Ummm...the vaccine isn't available. Yet. Also, Trump's FDA would have been the ones to approve it. So this is part of a plan to try to exonerate Trump even though it's not available yet and has little to do with Trump.

TSwizzle is in on the conspiracy.

Good call.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Yeah, it is all a conspiracy. Pharma companies are working at break neck speed right now, and the amount of time it requires to actually figure out if the vaccine is safe or effective takes a specific amount of time. The idea that they have all this slack in time is ridiculous.

Honestly, it is just another feather of unfairness Trump can put in his cap. Life is just so unfair to a one-termer.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Did you see where Pence tried to take credit for the vacc? But it had fuck-all to do with the Warp Speed effort, so fuck him?

If this was entirely a matter for harming Trump, wouldn't thrry have come out two weeks before the election? To give Trump time to claim it as a victory of his administration, give him rope, then a media fucking BLITZ to point out he's lying....
That would possibly have done him actual harm.
The fact he and his people kept promising a vaccine (for a disease they don't take seriously), and never could deliver, was certainly not the Democrats' fault.

TSwizzle

Contributor
The fact he and his people kept promising a vaccine (for a disease they don't take seriously), and never could deliver, was certainly not the Democrats' fault.

And yet here we are, a vaccine has been delivered that is 90% effective !! Not 50% effective, not 60% effective but fucking 90% effective beeatches !

GenesisNemesis

Veteran Member

How about you actually learn about science? Too hard? Also, not every fucking thing revolves around your narcissistic daddy Trump.

Jarhyn

Contributor
Science ? This has fuck all to do with science.

:hysterical:

And, like everyone who actually cares about science, I will not take it until it has passed FDA approval (and probably some foreign agency approvals as well).

Oh, and it won't even be available until the summer.

It is not "available". It is not even through public clinical trials yet.

I am glad they waited till after the election to announce it, though, largely because if it had been announced before, idiots would incorrectly assume that the threat of the virus is past. We have a good 6-8 months between now and then, and vaccine visibility would just make people get stupid and throw out their corona calculus errantly. We have another 6-8 months before we can afford that. Then vaccine and finally a normal summer again.

And yet here we are, a vaccine has been delivered that is 90% effective !! Not 50% effective, not 60% effective but fucking 90% effective beeatches !

Why do you have spaces before your exclamation points?

This is done in some foreign languages, but not English.

Jarhyn

Contributor

Speaking of failing at english... But "delivered" and "not yet passed clinical trials for safety and efficacy" are not remotely compatible ideas.

Keith&Co.

Contributor

Nope. Pfizer just says it's promising. Has not been delivered. Just passed an early stage in approval.
And despite Trump's promises, HE has not delivered on any of those vaccine promises. He had fuck-all to do with this company's program.

So, yeah. Promises made, bupkes kept.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member

Some phones do that if you don't delete the automatic space after the last word before the exclamation. I'm pretty sure Tswizzle is a US citizen.

TSwizzle

Contributor
And, like everyone who actually cares about science, I will not take it until it has passed FDA approval (and probably some foreign agency approvals as well).

You shall do as you are told and suck a burlap of liberal dick while doing it or something like that.

blastula

Contributor
The Pfizer vaccine also has logistical issues in that has to be stored at minus 100° and has to be given in two doses weeks apart, so it remains to be seen how well it will be distributed even if approved.

But if that 90% number is real, it is great news and bodes well for the other vaccine candidates too.

Jarhyn

Contributor

You shall do as you are told and suck a burlap of liberal dick while doing it or something like that.

I will do as is fucking wise, regardless of what humans tell me. And I will suck a burlap sack of moist liberal dicks while doing it because I love sucking dicks, especially liberal dicks.

TSwizzle

Contributor

I will do as is fucking wise, regardless of what humans tell me.

Me too.

And I will suck a burlap sack of moist liberal dicks while doing it because I love sucking dicks, especially liberal dicks.

I'll pass.

Jarhyn

Contributor
I will do as is fucking wise, regardless of what humans tell me.

Me too.
I have yet to see any evidence of this. You have been claiming and clamoring for every opportunity to claim that the virus is a hoax, not a problem, just another flu as healthy young people drop dead of it.
And I will suck a burlap sack of moist liberal dicks while doing it because I love sucking dicks, especially liberal dicks.

I'll pass.

Which goes to show you, us liberals have all the fun.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Right wing authoritarian followers are constantly told by their ideological mouthpieces that their out groups are weak and cowardly, and that bullying is strength. But when someone gives them a taste of their own medicine, they're suddenly cowering victims. After blind tribalism, "No, YOU!!!11#1" is the only "principle" in play.

TSwizzle

Contributor
You have been claiming and clamoring for every opportunity to claim that the virus is a hoax,

Link to a quote of mine where I have claimed the virus is a hoax. It shouldn't take you long as you state I have made this claim multiple times.

not a problem,
Wrong again. I said it is a problem, it's a fucking huge problem for certain people. The very elderly (particularly if they are in long term care facility) and people who's health is compromised.

just another flu as healthy young people drop dead of it.

Young healthy people are hardly touched by it. Why, Cristiano Ronaldo had it, two weeks later, came off the bench and scored two goals for Juventus. Most people never knew they had it.

Some phones do that if you don't delete the automatic space after the last word before the exclamation. I'm pretty sure Tswizzle is a US citizen.

TSwizzle appears to be some kind of nickname for Taylor Swift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Cow5RJkKw

Location of West Hollywood is also consistent with a common Taylor Swift location.

I don't think TSwizzle is Taylor Swift. So, I have no idea if TSwizzle is a US citizen, US resident, or resides outside US. He could be a citizen or not. But as far as the exclamation points, it's not common in English to put the space there. It IS common in French and maybe some other languages, not sure. I don't know about phone stuff. There are two exclamation points after one space. Is that compatible with the phone hypothesis?

Top Bottom