• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

How many people who’ve had the Polio vaccine got Polio?
And how regularly did one get vaccinated against Polio? I believe I have had one Polio vaccination in my life. I've had three covid vaccinations in less than 12 months. And I still got the effing covid.
Well, if some Americans weren't assholes about vaccination and masking and distancing... but no, they needed to help breed variants.
Like AOC?
But... what about Ocasio-Cortez?

Obsession for men.

The vaccine wasn't designed for omicron. It was designed for alpha. We got lucky in that it worked for delta too. I assume an omicron vax is already being developed.

Yup, expected in March. Probably too late to be of any great value. The mRNA vaccines are easy to retarget against variants and such retargeting doesn't require anywhere near the testing that starting from scratch does. We do the same thing every year with the flu vaccine.
Thanks for that info. I did not know that.

Thiis video from 53:07 to the end gives me pause for getting the OG vaccine booster when the Omicron vaccine is only a couple months away. Not just poorly effective, but maybe counter effective?

Covid insanity in Canada;

A Quebec Superior Court judge has temporarily suspended a father's right to see his child based on evidence that the man is not vaccinated against COVID-19 and appears to oppose government anti-pandemic health measures. In a decision published Dec. 23, Justice J. Sébastien Vaillancourt wrote that continued visitation was not in the interest of the 12-year-old child or the child's two younger half-siblings, given the state of the pandemic.

News

What's that all aboot, eh?

Covid insanity in Canada;

A Quebec Superior Court judge has temporarily suspended a father's right to see his child based on evidence that the man is not vaccinated against COVID-19 and appears to oppose government anti-pandemic health measures. In a decision published Dec. 23, Justice J. Sébastien Vaillancourt wrote that continued visitation was not in the interest of the 12-year-old child or the child's two younger half-siblings, given the state of the pandemic.

News

What's that all aboot, eh?
Will he be allowed visitation in April if covid numbers are very low then?

Boris Johnson (UK Prime Minister) is catching a lot of flack for breaking covid protocols by having a party at his home/office at No 10 and is forced to apologize;

Boris Johnson has ordered a No10 minion to apologise to the Queen over a lockdown-busting leaving do in Downing Street just hours before Prince Philip's funeral. The PM's spokesman said an apology had been made to Buckingham Palace over the 'regrettable' behaviour in April last year. 'It is deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning and No10 has apologised to the Palace,' the spokesman said.

Daily Mail

These revelations are hardly surprising but it has triggered a lot of ire to towards the PM from the public. The public should be angry at themselves for going along with the bogus restrictions from the onset.

Made a Trader Joe's run today. Went in unmasked but everyone inside was masked so I masked up too. Some local stores have signs encouraging mask wearing but there was nothing in TJ's. Different cut of people shop at TJ's.

Boris Johnson (UK Prime Minister) is catching a lot of flack for breaking covid protocols by having a party at his home/office at No 10 and is forced to apologize;

Boris Johnson has ordered a No10 minion to apologise to the Queen over a lockdown-busting leaving do in Downing Street just hours before Prince Philip's funeral. The PM's spokesman said an apology had been made to Buckingham Palace over the 'regrettable' behaviour in April last year. 'It is deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning and No10 has apologised to the Palace,' the spokesman said.

Daily Mail

These revelations are hardly surprising but it has triggered a lot of ire to towards the PM from the public. The public should be angry at themselves for going along with the bogus restrictions from the onset.

So to be clear, Republicans should not be angry with Boris Johnson for having an inside party with packed people running around maskless inside for hours, but instead should be angry at AOC who was not wearing a mask outside and hugged someone for a few seconds.

The vaccination insanity is everywhere (not Florida of course);

On January 11th after a significant snow storm, Kittitas County officials offered to help the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) clear snow on state roads that go through the county’s communities. WSDOT, which has a staffing shortage and is actively trying to hire maintenance crew, declined. The agency noted they could not accept assistance “due to Kittitas County not mandating the COVID-19 vaccination for County employees.” The county said in a press release that the snowfall on January 5th and 6th “resulted in the closure of Interstate 90 and Highway 97 for three days, causing freight deliveries to be delayed, travel across the State of Washington impossible, and access to services significantly impacted.” The Governor’s vaccine mandate for state employees resulted in the firing of over 400 employees at WSDOT, with 48 employees “no longer working to support the state maintenance and snow removal efforts in Kittitas County.” The county had signed an interlocal agreement with WSDOT in late 2021, which essentially put them on call to help WSDOT should they need assistance at any point.

News

Roads were allowed to remain closed because a the guys who drive the snowplows were fired for not getting the vaccine.

From the Daily Beast:

“Do you know right now, I have something that [you can bring] into a building, that will clean you of COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?” Walker asks.
Beck, processing this information, squints. Walker interprets this as an invitation to proceed.
“As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body,” he continues. He leans in and adds, “EPA-, FDA-approved.”
“When you leave—it will kill the virus as you leave, this here product,” Walker says. He adds that he has a second unspecified miracle product, a “spray” possibly indicated for use after the dry mist treatment.
“They don’t want to talk about that. They don’t want to hear about that,” Walker says. “And I’m serious.”
Raid?

Daily Mail

So to be clear, Republicans should not be angry with Boris Johnson for having an inside party with packed people running around maskless inside for hours, but instead should be angry at AOC who was not wearing a mask outside and hugged someone for a few seconds.
Yes, apparently?

Who cares about hypocrisy these days, anyway, right?

Daily Mail

It was an out-door, back-garden, packed gathering at 10 Downing, I believe; and that was against the lockdown rules in Britain.

Unvaccinated people who show up at the ER and need medical care for covid should be charged out of pocket for all expenses.
No, they shouldn't.

Nobody should be charged for necessary medical care, under any circumstances; It should always be paid for from general revenue.

Recklessness and stupidity can't sensibly be made exceptions to that rule, because while it's quite possible to be reckless and stupid while also being too poor to pay the cost of treating the consequences, 'reckless stupidity while poor' shouldn't be enforced as a capital crime.

If you manage to kill yourself despite the best efforts of society to protect you, then too bad. But if you can be protected from yourself, humanity requires that you should be.

The unvaccinated deserve our derision and our scorn; But they don't deserve to die in the streets - and they certainly don't deserve to die in the streets for the crime of also being poor, while their wealthy brethren suffer only minor financial inconvenience for the same errors.

Access to healthcare should never be dependent on access to ready money - even in cases where the need is the result of reckless negligence.

Thiis video from 53:07 to the end gives me pause for getting the OG vaccine booster when the Omicron vaccine is only a couple months away. Not just poorly effective, but maybe counter effective?

I'm not going to waste my time on the video, but I have heard of the "counter effective" bit--crap extrapolation by the disinformation crowd.

Unvaccinated people who show up at the ER and need medical care for covid should be charged out of pocket for all expenses.
No, they shouldn't.

Nobody should be charged for necessary medical care, under any circumstances; It should always be paid for from general revenue.

Recklessness and stupidity can't sensibly be made exceptions to that rule, because while it's quite possible to be reckless and stupid while also being too poor to pay the cost of treating the consequences, 'reckless stupidity while poor' shouldn't be enforced as a capital crime.

If you manage to kill yourself despite the best efforts of society to protect you, then too bad. But if you can be protected from yourself, humanity requires that you should be.

The unvaccinated deserve our derision and our scorn; But they don't deserve to die in the streets - and they certainly don't deserve to die in the streets for the crime of also being poor, while their wealthy brethren suffer only minor financial inconvenience for the same errors.

Access to healthcare should never be dependent on access to ready money - even in cases where the need is the result of reckless negligence.
That sounds great in theory. Then I think of the ERs that are packed full of fucking morons that have made the lives of our hard working medical and hospital staffs hell for the last 10 months. And if we include the bunch of people who holiday'd with family before the vaccine, that'd be 14 months. I think of those that needed medical care not of their own stupidity and have it delayed and the people who need medical care sleeping overnight in the ER because the resources aren't available yet. Scorn comes cheap and doesn't cost the anti-vax idiots a damn a thing.

What they are taking from others is much more expensive than the medical bill, of which they expect other people to pay.

And yes, before I was jaded by this nation voting Trump into office, I would have been much more amenable to your otherwise, reasonable statement.

I'm not going to waste my time on the video, but I have heard of the "counter effective" bit--crap extrapolation by the disinformation crowd.
This is part 26 of a professional immunology lecture series given in 2018. It discusses the paradoxical aspects of "original antigenic sin" for influenza.

How many people who’ve had the Polio vaccine got Polio?
And how regularly did one get vaccinated against Polio? I believe I have had one Polio vaccination in my life. I've had three covid vaccinations in less than 12 months. And I still got the effing covid.
Well, if some Americans weren't assholes about vaccination and masking and distancing... but no, they needed to help breed variants.
Like AOC?
But... what about Ocasio-Cortez?

Obsession for men.

I also am somewhat confused about Covid and the vaccines. But I DID get this message:
COVID-19 vaccines also help prevent serious illness and death in children and adults even if they do get COVID-19.

In other news
Calvin Klein Obsession for Men starts with a fresh bergamot-mandarin accord that proceeds to a spicy heart accented with lavender and sage. Musk and sandalwood bring the fragrance to a long lasting, ambery finish.

Back
Top Bottom