• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cuomo Investigation Complete - Appears Damning

Cuomo will never go away.

Every Republican will run against HIM in 2022.

From the article, he's already done. He called it.

Huh?

Cuomo's political career has been put on hold. Maybe over.

But he is now a boogie man that every Republican will run against.

They will not run promoting their good ideas. They have none.

They will run with distortions and lies.

Like they have for the past 40 years.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, you have a point. His bad behavior won't resign with him, it will be zombified by the republicans as a campaign issue with which they tar the Democrats, even though he is not there.

Huh?

Cuomo's political career has been put on hold. Maybe over.

But he is now a boogie man that every Republican will run against.

They will not run promoting their good ideas. They have none.

They will run with distortions and lies.

Like they have for the past 40 years.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, you have a point. His bad behavior won't resign with him, it will be zombified by the republicans as a campaign issue with which they tar the Democrats, even though he is not there.

All the while, all the credible rape and sexual harassment allegations against republicans languish in obscurity to be forgotten. This is one of the reasons I don't respect conservatives. They jump on folks like Cuomo but ignore Trump, Beerbro, et Al.

All the while, all the credible rape and sexual harassment allegations against republicans languish in obscurity to be forgotten. This is one of the reasons I don't respect conservatives. They jump on folks like Cuomo but ignore Trump, Beerbro, et Al.

Cuomo should be jumped on based on his policies (for example the bail deform proved to be an unmitigated disaster), not because of some comments found to be offensive in our hypersensitive society. And I assume by "Beerbro" you mean Kavanaugh? Those allegations were anything but credible. More than 30 years old, the accuser could not remember when or where it happened, and she used the allegations at the politically most opportune moment. Stinks more than Albany, and that's saying something!

What did Cuomo do to piss of the Democratic Party establishment?

The Democrats and their Press adjunct are more than willing to protect sex offenders in power. You have to get on their bad side for them to turn on you and stop defending you.

What did Cuomo do to piss of the Democratic Party establishment?

The Democrats and their Press adjunct are more than willing to protect sex offenders in power. You have to get on their bad side for them to turn on you and stop defending you.

Who has been protected?

Don't say Clinton--he was a womanizer but there never was any decent evidence of a lack of consent.

The scandal has spread to Andrew Cuomo's brother Chris, who is now a former CNN anchor. When he was still an anchor, Chris apparently helped Andrew in his defense against sexual-harassment charges, complete with his hiding his doing so from the network's management. He was fired for that.

CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely - CNN -- Nov 30
"The New York Attorney General's office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo's involvement in his brother's defense," a CNN spokesperson said Tuesday evening. "The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions."

"When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother's staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly," the spokesperson continued. "But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second."

"However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother's efforts than we previously knew," the spokesperson added. "As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation."

CNN fires Chris Cuomo - CNN -- Dec 4
CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately."

The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review information about exactly how Cuomo aided his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, when the then-governor was accused of sexual harassment.

Chris Cuomo, fired from CNN, is leaving his SiriusXM radio show
noting
Christopher C. Cuomo on Twitter: "(pic link)" / Twitter
The way my time ended at CNN was hard. While I have a thick skin, I also have a family, for whom the past week has been extraordinarily difficult. So, right now, I have to take a step back and focus on what comes next. That means I will no longer be doing my SiriusXM radio show. I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from SiriusXM throughout my time there. I also want to express my sincere appreciation for my loyal listeners. I will miss our conversations a great deal - but look forward to being back in touch with you all in the future.

Chris Cuomo prepping to sue CNN over his reported $6M-a-year contract
Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Another source said, “CNN has a standard morality clause in their contract that says if the employee does anything of disrepute, they can be immediately fired.”

So what about Cuomo - Lemon friendship now?
They may have a lot more time to hang out together, given that Jussie Smollett testified yesterday that Don Lemon (apparently a long time personal friend) told him early on that the cops are doubting his story, based on info from his news inside sources. Similar to Chris Cuomo feeding his brother little tidbits of info from the newsroom about what's happening with his sexual assault case. And CC got fired for that, so maybe DL is next on the chopping block.

The scandal has spread to Andrew Cuomo's brother Chris, who is now a former CNN anchor. When he was still an anchor, Chris apparently helped Andrew in his defense against sexual-harassment charges, complete with his hiding his doing so from the network's management. He was fired for that.

CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely - CNN -- Nov 30
"The New York Attorney General's office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo's involvement in his brother's defense," a CNN spokesperson said Tuesday evening. "The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions."

"When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother's staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly," the spokesperson continued. "But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second."

"However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother's efforts than we previously knew," the spokesperson added. "As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation."

CNN fires Chris Cuomo - CNN -- Dec 4
CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately."

The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review information about exactly how Cuomo aided his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, when the then-governor was accused of sexual harassment.

Chris Cuomo, fired from CNN, is leaving his SiriusXM radio show
noting
Christopher C. Cuomo on Twitter: "(pic link)" / Twitter
The way my time ended at CNN was hard. While I have a thick skin, I also have a family, for whom the past week has been extraordinarily difficult. So, right now, I have to take a step back and focus on what comes next. That means I will no longer be doing my SiriusXM radio show. I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from SiriusXM throughout my time there. I also want to express my sincere appreciation for my loyal listeners. I will miss our conversations a great deal - but look forward to being back in touch with you all in the future.

Chris Cuomo prepping to sue CNN over his reported $6M-a-year contract
Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Another source said, “CNN has a standard morality clause in their contract that says if the employee does anything of disrepute, they can be immediately fired.”
And all this seems to prove to me is that ostensibly liberal organizations manage to police themselves effectively, whereas conservative organizations sweep shit under the rug.

Of three CNN critters I watch the most (Cooper, Cuomo, Lemon) Cooper seems most genuinely good guy. Cuomo was the least, but he was interesting.
Smerconish seems genuine to me too.

Back
Top Bottom