• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

https://www.rawstory.com/larry-kudlow-joe-biden/

Larrry Kudlow: Texas clusterfuck is Biden't fault
I can never tell whether conservatives have a point of view worthy of consideration because it’s always buried in bullshit like this and that destroys their credibility and makes me stop wanting to listen to them.

It's not so much the lying crazy shit these people say but that there is a large audience out there that laps it up. It's why I think that the US is doomed to slowly become what Russia has become.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets, or anything else in the home. I'm sure that's what Hispanic migrant workers are for in Cruz world, at least until someone finds out they are undocumented.

Taking a pet on an international vacation is generally not possible. You either board it or have someone come by to take care of it.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets,
Where's anyone saying that?
I see a lot of people thinking Cruz oughtta care for, or show care for, living things he's taken responsibility for. But no one's treating this like Ted's suddenly possessed, or replaced by a pod-people version of Ted, or his evil twin, Twed.

I meant "cares for" in the sense of providing them care in the form of food, water, walking them, etc. We know that Ted Cruz, at least, is a sociopath. I would not want to needlessly extend that to the rest of his family, given that I know nothing about them.

I think it's cute that people think that anyone in the Cruz family cares for their pets, or anything else in the home. I'm sure that's what Hispanic migrant workers are for in Cruz world, at least until someone finds out they are undocumented.

At the risk of appearing to defend Ted Cruz, the thing about the dog is a distraction. When I had a dog, my best friend would watch her when I went on vacation. Since she wasn't good with his animals he would come by on a daily basis to feed her, take her for walks, and make sure she was okay. I would return the favor by watching his pets when he was out of town.

No, the real problem here is that Ted used his wealth and power to skip out on the people of Texas. The overwhelming majority of whom could not just suddenly decide to pop off to Cancun for a day or a long weekend on short notice, let alone in the middle of a natural disaster/pandemic.

That was pretty much my point, although I made sure it was phrased in a way that it did not defend Ted Cruz. I have family, or friends care for my pets when I am away, usually either one of our kids, or our nephew who lives close by, but it's not like we are going to take a 21 year old cat on vacation with us. I just don't think Ted Cruz has any real friends, his kids don't seem old enough, and I am sure his extended family hates him just as much as everyone else. That means he is stuck with paying for someone to care for them, and since he is a Republican politician living in Texas, I would just about guarantee that the hired help is hispanic and undocumented.

Taking a pet on an international vacation is generally not possible. You either board it or have someone come by to take care of it.

I don't believe I said anything that would indicate I felt otherwise. On the other hand, this is the third post in response to mine that seems to have confused what I was saying, so I can only assume that I communicated my position on this poorly.

For the record, I do not think that Ted Cruz should have taken his dog on vacation with him. I also do do not think that Ted Cruz, sociopath, cares at all for his dog, either emotionally, or in the physical sense of providing for the care of the dog. I am pretty sure Ted Cruz has hired help who cares for his dog, at least physically, and if that is the case I would be willing to bet actual money that the hired help is hispanic and undocumented.

I can never tell whether conservatives have a point of view worthy of consideration because it’s always buried in bullshit like this and that destroys their credibility and makes me stop wanting to listen to them.

It's not so much the lying crazy shit these people say but that there is a large audience out there that laps it up. It's why I think that the US is doomed to slowly become what Russia has become.

This is in fact the real problem. Republicans that say the nuttiest stuff and are still capable of obtaining &/or holding high positions within Republican ranks is not because they are scoundrels, it's because they have enough ignorant groupies & miscreants to help put & keep them there. They just don't have enough critical thinkers (or nice people) on their voting block to get, I dunno, people like George F. Will (a liberal-conservative) littering their ranks as a result because expressing complete thoughts or having substance is weak. They prefer a bloviating tanning oil barrel graffitied in catchphrases.

Yeah, this is one we can totally blame on the dems!

View attachment 32017View attachment 32018
I remember when partisanship wasn't a viable excuse for just blaming people. Politics has long since been a mess, but these days the GOP just throws up their hands and says "It was the Dems" and the "Green New Deal"... when the GOP has been deregulating Texas' energy grid and AOC's "Green New Deal" was even supported by the Democrat Party and isn't remotely a law.

The worrying thing is these minor details (read the absolute truth), won't matter and the right-wing drones just suck it up and obfuscate their free market failure as some sort of Democrat regulatory political failure.

. Politics has long since been a mess, but these days the GOP just throws up their hands and says "It was the Dems" and the "Green New Deal"... when the GOP has been deregulating Texas' energy grid and AOC's "Green New Deal" was even supported by the Democrat Party and isn't remotely a law.

No. They’re saying this : “the green new deal should never be enacted because we will all sue when the windmills, from which we will get all our power, stop turning. Instead we should keep burning coal and gas because they performed admirably in this freak cold snap, which we are sure will never happen again.”

At least that’s what I’ve heard from Texas Republicans this past week.

Elder abuse.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1364008103834869762[/TWEET]

Awww. Panties are in a bunch because air exited Biden's mouth. Elijah should put up a gofundme page for his troubles.

Elder abuse.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1364008103834869762[/TWEET]

That's hilarious, just a plain hoot that a person who overcame a speech impediment to become POTUS is still bullied for occasionally slipping back into that stutter.

Some people have no shame.

Are we supposed to judge based on the number of guns in the background?

Or their nature?

In the bottom shot I see one "assault weapon" actually meant to be carried extensively. It strikes me as well-used, but that could simply be the low image quality.

In the top shot I see two "assault weapons" crossed, no straps. That looks more like decorative stuff. I also note a handgun and what I'm pretty sure is a shotgun, weapons that see very little military use. This looks like either someone who likes shooting sports or someone with a small penis. (Not that the sets are mutually exclusive.)

Boebert actually used that as her backdrop for her Zoom into the congress session.

These people are seriously whacked.

Also. It points to the canard that pro-gun people trot out when they say how prevalent guns are in America based on the number of guns owned, as if that shows that lots of people own guns, when it becomes clear that There’s a much smaller number of people owning a large number of guns each.

So Senator Johnson, Republioturd from Wisconsin, is forcing a 10-hour delay for the reading of the Covid stimulus bill. He says that his fellow Republioturds "need to know what's in the bill", but in fact he is the only Senator in the Chamber — proudly not wearing his mask — while the reading drags on and on.

The Senate can change its rules with 50 votes and the V.P. Why don't they amend that rule? Maybe say that it takes 20 Members to insist on a reading and that all 20 need to remain present while the bill is read.

Clicking to that news story, I see another clip of Jen Psaki. She's my new heroine! Intelligent, informed, articulate, very quick to think on her feet. Such a refreshing change from Suckabee and the other WH liars we've dealth with for 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom