• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Day without stupid: redux

Clicking to that news story, I see another clip of Jen Psaki. She's my new heroine! Intelligent, informed, articulate, very quick to think on her feet. Such a refreshing change from Suckabee and the other WH liars we've dealth with for 4 years.

Spelling error... but given the people in question and their quality, seems to fit better your way. :)

And yes, Jen Psaki is fantastic. :dancing:

Clicking to that news story, I see another clip of Jen Psaki. She's my new heroine! Intelligent, informed, articulate, very quick to think on her feet. Such a refreshing change from Suckabee and the other WH liars we've dealth with for 4 years.

Spelling error... but given the people in question and their quality, seems to fit better your way. :)

And yes, Jen Psaki is fantastic. :dancing:
It is refreshing to see better fibbing than "Nuh-uh!" Proper White House Spokespeople are so ridiculously quick, they know all the answers before the questions are raised. Someone tried to get her to admit Biden is following Trump's playbook on vaccine distribution, and she asked back... with a smile, something like 'What plans specifically'? And the reporter had nothing, and stumbled.

It is refreshing to see better fibbing than "Nuh-uh!" Proper White House Spokespeople are so ridiculously quick, they know all the answers before the questions are raised. Someone tried to get her to admit Biden is following Trump's playbook on vaccine distribution, and she asked back... with a smile, something like 'What plans specifically'? And the reporter had nothing, and stumbled.

And that's fibbing... how?

That wasn't fibbing, but we know White House Spokespeople fib... a lot. It is part of the job to twist and spin and fib. The Trump Admin just lied and slandered. The George W. Bush Admin wasn't much better.

That wasn't fibbing, but we know White House Spokespeople fib... a lot. It is part of the job to twist and spin and fib. The Trump Admin just lied and slandered. The George W. Bush Admin wasn't much better.

I haven't seen/heard Psaki say anything that I would consider a "fib". Failure to take bait (answer loaded questions in way the questioner seems to hope) isn't dishonest IMHO. She seems remarkably candid and straightforward, even when asked hard questions.

She's got a point.

Yes. It's good to see SE Cupp is realizing that the party she once supported is now totally nuts.

On the one hand, that was a pretty biased diatribe. She seems unaware of stupidity from other people, like Democrats.

But she did explain why I've gone(over the last 20+ years), from studiously bipartisan independent to straight ticket Democrat voter. I don't see what she's talking about as news exactly.
What I see happening is the GOP running out of steam concerning ideas and policies. They're increasingly resorting to stupid extremism, because they haven't much else to offer anymore.
Tom

Guam offers cookies and geography lessons, history book, to Marjorie Taylor Dumbass after she refers to Guam as a foreign country at CPAC.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...-greene-history-book-after-falsely-calling-us

"I'm a regular, normal person. And I wanted to take my regular – normal person, normal, everyday American values, which is: We love our country. We believe our hard-earned tax dollars should just go for America – not for what, China, Russia, the Middle East, Guam – whatever, wherever," the Georgia Republican said.

I didn't see a thread for ranting about right-wing liars like the Murdoch Empire; the "Stupid" thread seemed close enough.

Google News showed me that FoxNews' take on the Stimulus package is that prisoners are eligible for benefits. (Is that really the most important aspect of the package to discuss?) The punchline is that prisoners were also eligible in last year's stimulus package, passed when the Republioturds had control! Don't these liars even try anymore? Have FauxNews' most competent liars all moved back to Russia?

And now I see that FauxNews carried Biden's historic speech ... but with Tucker Carlson continuously visible in a corner inset, grimacing and groaning to help Faux Potatoes know how to think about Biden's words.

My question is: What's to stop the White House from denying FoxNews access to camera feeds if they don't follow certain rules?

My question is: What's to stop the White House from denying FoxNews access to camera feeds if they don't follow certain rules?
What rules would you suggest?

First Amendment covers lies, exaggerations, fantasies, and a straight-up denial of 'fair and balanced' reporting.

Dictating the news Fox needs to cover, or the way they cover it, would kinda be a fascist thing, nu? They have the same right to talk about Biden that everyone else had to talk about Bonespurs.

I didn't see a thread for ranting about right-wing liars like the Murdoch Empire; the "Stupid" thread seemed close enough.

Google News showed me that FoxNews' take on the Stimulus package is that prisoners are eligible for benefits. (Is that really the most important aspect of the package to discuss?) The punchline is that prisoners were also eligible in last year's stimulus package, passed when the Republioturds had control! Don't these liars even try anymore? Have FauxNews' most competent liars all moved back to Russia?

And now I see that FauxNews carried Biden's historic speech ... but with Tucker Carlson continuously visible in a corner inset, grimacing and groaning to help Faux Potatoes know how to think about Biden's words.

Cruz was all over this, like flies on... well... not to get too disgusting, but Ted Cruz.

article said:
Cruz and his aides did not explain the newfound ardor for blocking payments to inmates and illegal immigrants.

Detractors see grandstanding and selective outrage now that Democrats are in charge.

“He didn’t share the same concern when the Republicans passed their stimulus bill last year,” noted Gilberto Hinojosa, chair of the Texas Democratic Party. “Ted Cruz is taking a page out of the GOP playbook by trying to scare the American public into believing the American Rescue Plan is bad. But the fact remains: This bill is massively popular and will help millions of Americans.”
Cruz did reiterate his new concerns about stimulus eligibility.

“Not only does this COVID bill fail to address the real needs of the American people who are suffering, but it hands out billions in taxpayer dollars to illegal immigrants. That is wrong. We need to stand for the American people, get our kids back to school, and reopen our small businesses,” he said Tuesday through an aide.

First Amendment covers lies, exaggerations, fantasies, and a straight-up denial of 'fair and balanced' reporting.

Dictating the news Fox needs to cover, or the way they cover it, would kinda be a fascist thing, nu? They have the same right to talk about Biden that everyone else had to talk about Bonespurs.

:confused: Are arbitrary private citizens allowed access to venues like the Capitol? Are they allowed to bring video cameras? Assuming there is some sort of "pool" video feed, are arbitrary citizens given direct access to that feed? Is a Kremlin news agency given direct access to that video? Didn't Bonespurs bar certain reporters or organizations from the WH?

I am NOT proposing that FoxNews be "censored." I DO think that access to the Capitol or to video "pools" is a privilege, not a right.

It might be very bad politics — Fox Potatoes would think it unfair to their heroes like Hannity and Carlson — but I should think it would be legal and constitutional.

:confused: Are arbitrary private citizens allowed access to venues like the Capitol? Are they allowed to bring video cameras? Assuming there is some sort of "pool" video feed, are arbitrary citizens given direct access to that feed? Is a Kremlin news agency given direct access to that video? Didn't Bonespurs bar certain reporters or organizations from the WH?

I am NOT proposing that FoxNews be "censored." I DO think that access to the Capitol or to video "pools" is a privilege, not a right.

It might be very bad politics — Fox Potatoes would think it unfair to their heroes like Hannity and Carlson — but I should think it would be legal and constitutional.

It would also be very short sighted. Making Faux the victim would restore its "credibility" in the eyes of Trumptards and Dumb Qunts. I suspect Jen Psaki is more than capable of calling FOX out on its bullshit during Press Briefings - just leave it at that.

So, let me ask a completely different question.
What rules?
You complained about their coverage and said thrir access should be dependent on certain rules. I assume you do not mean the reporters wear ties or knee-length skirts.
It appears you would tie their access to the administration approving their coverage. If this is incorrect, please explain what you meant.

Depends. Please describe the rules you envision. Not even need to be specific, but a starting point. We cannot judge constitutionality without specifics.

Dictating the news Fox needs to cover, or the way they cover it, would kinda be a fascist thing, nu?
.... Didn't Bonespurs bar certain reporters or organizations from the WH?
...yes. because he didn't approve of the things they said.
So, "If you want access, wfite stories to please the President."

What would you call it? Fascist? Childish? A 'quid pro quo'?
Certainly not a free press.

Bomb Squad Finds More Explosives at Newaygo Student’s Home, Father Charged

The Michigan State Police is reporting a second search of a home in Newaygo turned up even more explosive materials.

The home belongs to the Newaygo High student who reportedly brought a bomb to school on Monday.

The student’s father, 33-year-old named David Saylor, is facing charges related to the explosion Monday morning that injured the 16-year-old student who brought the bomb, four others, and a teacher.

Saylor’s charges include the manufacture or possession of a Molotov Cocktail and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Law enforcement searched the student’s home on Monday and found explosive devices that had to be detonated.

Now the bomb squad is reporting on Tuesday that it has found even more explosive materials at the residence and unstable materials were counter-charged.

Here's the bomb maker's house.

160569082_1583064768566690_1029361166060238973_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom