• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democratic Debate 9/12/2019

I will never fully appreciate what it is to live as a black person in the United States. To be a black father raising a child who is coming into understanding of how blacks are perceived by so many whites, as if just raising a child and keeping them on track isn't enough to deal with. To live every day with the anxiety of wondering how you and your family might be treated in a white society, of just going to a restaurant or any of a number of weekend social activities. Not outwardly racist acts but the subtleties of so often being seated near the restrooms while dining out or wait staff you always have to struggle to get the attention of because they just happen to never be looking in your direction or the extra precautions you take just driving or stopping along the side of the road. I'll try to understand and appreciate what a black person deals with on a daily basis but at the end of the day, I get to drive home as a white man.

But I get it. White people see news reporting on TV and the internet of angry blacks rioting. It's memorable. The end.

What you just described there is also how people who wear MAGA hats feel when they go out as well.

Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.

Oh brother. If you don't want people thinking that you are a bigot in public, simply take off your hat.

It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!
Is that what you said about the Pussy Hats a while back?

I never made a thread about it or commented on them, but they are stupid, no doubt. This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

Big difference.

It has nothing to do with bigotry. That is TDS talking. It's a hat, people! A hat!

Because, you see, YOU don’t get to decide if you’re a bigot or not. YOU don’t get to decide if you’re racist or not. What determines if you’re racist or bigoted is what you do, regardless of your justifications for doing so. So when brown people and Muslim people and Latino people tell you supporting Trump makes you a racist? You don’t get to say they’re wrong. Because they’re not. And when LGBT people tell you supporting Trump makes you a bigot, you don’t get to decide you’re NOT a bigot, because they’re not wrong.

https://www.scarymommy.com/those-voting-donald-trump-lesson-on-bigotry/

Because, you see, YOU don’t get to decide if you’re a bigot or not. YOU don’t get to decide if you’re racist or not. What determines if you’re racist or bigoted is what you do, regardless of your justifications for doing so. So when brown people and Muslim people and Latino people tell you supporting Trump makes you a racist? You don’t get to say they’re wrong. Because they’re not. And when LGBT people tell you supporting Trump makes you a bigot, you don’t get to decide you’re NOT a bigot, because they’re not wrong.

VICE did an interview with a group of minority and LGBT conservatives who voted for Trump. They all said Trump is not a bigot.

I guess they don't know how oppressed they are? Should you go tell them?

Is that what you said about the Pussy Hats a while back?

I never made a thread about it or commented on them, but they are stupid, no doubt.
i didn't ask if you thoughtbthey were stupid, i asked if you cautioned all those who got upset that yhry were 'just hats.' Evidently you only speaknup for hats that endorse a bigot.
This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

Big difference.
But you will call them stupid.
Not thatbig a difference.

VICE did an interview with a group of minority and LGBT conservatives who voted for Trump. They all said Trump is not a bigot.
Oh, wow. A Trump voter said something! I guess that settles it!
Unless, of course, i disagree with them, and do not hold them incapable of error because they are minotities.

i didn't ask if you thoughtbthey were stupid, i asked if you cautioned all those who got upset that yhry were 'just hats.' Evidently you only speaknup for hats that endorse a bigot.
This doesn't mean I will threaten violence to women who wear it or call them bigots.

Big difference.
But you will call them stupid.
Not thatbig a difference.

Who got upset about those hats? The only thing I saw were right-wingers who were laughing at how stupid the hats looked. That's not the same as foaming at the mouth upon seeing them and threatening to kill the women for wearing the hats.

Unless, of course, i disagree with them, and do not hold them incapable of error because they are minotities.

I'm not saying bigotry doesn't exist. Of course it does.

But, the left sees racism around every corner, in every building, behind every bush. It's become their boogeyman. The left thought a white woman wearing a chinese style dress to prom was racist and demonized the white girl.

THAT IS INSANE!

But, the left sees racism around every corner, in every building, behind every bush. It's become their boogeyman. The left thought a white woman wearing a chinese style dress to prom was racist and demonized the white girl.

THAT IS INSANE!
yeah, and the right demonized Obama for the color of a suit he wore.
What is your point?

THAT IS INSANE!
What is your point?

Do you agree or disagree that a white woman should be able to wear a chinese style dress if she wants to without being called a racist? Pretty stupid to call someone a racist for admiring another culture. But, that's the left for you.

THAT IS INSANE!
What is your point?

Do you agree or disagree that a white woman should be able to wear a chinese style dress if she wants to without being called a racist? Pretty stupid to call someone a racist for admiring another culture. But, that's the left for you.
Isay you have no room to criticize this boogeyman 'the left' you fear until your side cleans up their own act.

The only thing I saw were right-wingers who were laughing at how stupid the hats looked.
you do know that humor is psychologically seen as an interrupted defense mechanism, right?
So all these anecdotes you have about jokes the right tell each other, and laugh at amongst themselves, that's not necessarily actual humor. It's just their fear response.

The only thing I saw were right-wingers who were laughing at how stupid the hats looked.
you do know that humor is psychologically seen as an interrupted defense mechanism, right?
So all these anecdotes you have about jokes the right tell each other, and laugh at amongst themselves, that's not necessarily actual humor. It's just their fear response.

Yabut you have to admit - those MAGA hats really do look idiotic.

Now if we see something funny and laugh, it's because we fear it?

I guess the left is afraid of everything, then! The left constantly tells jokes about Trump for cheap laughs...wait you may be on to something! They do call him a fascist and they are scared of him...and they joke about him!

I would love for you to explain what is so scary about pussy hats. They are funny. But scary? Hardly.

Now if we see something funny and laugh, it's because we fear it?
Or, you could read what i actually wrote, and respond to THAT.

I'll wait

In my reputation comments, I was accused of lying about the girl who wore the chinese dress. Mech Bliss seems to always accuse me of lying, but never actually responds to my posts. So, here is the backlash from the girl wearing a chinese dress:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tah-student-said-she-meant-no-harm/567846002/

"A Utah teen stands by her decision to wear a traditional Chinese dress to her prom, a move panned by some as cultural appropriation but embraced by others."

"Keziah Daum said she won't give in to pressure and delete an April 22 Twitter post showing her posing with her prom date in the red cheongsam, or qipao."

"To everyone causing so much negativity," she tweeted. "I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I'm simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I'm not deleting my post because I've done nothing but show my love for the culture. It's a f***ing dress. And it's beautiful."

"My culture is NOT your god**** prom dress," wrote tweeter Jeremy Lam. Added @JeannieBeanie99, "This isn't ok. I wouldn't wear a traditional Korean, Japanese or any other traditional dress and I'm Asian. I wouldn't wear traditional Irish or Swedish or Greek dress either. There's a lot of history behind these clothes."

I certainly did not lie. The left went out of control once again.

Back
Top Bottom