• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democratic idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I’ll give you rep. Lee and raise you the Speaker of the House. She is one representative but look at what the GOP selects as leadership; Mike Johnson? Donald Trump? DeSantis appoints what to be the Florida surgeon general? How about Trump picks to run all of the executive agencies. Yeah, you will find a Democrat Rep that thinks Guam might tip over but at least they aren’t a bunch of Christianists and flat earthers from top to bottom.
And I'll raise you the previous Democrat Speaker of the House (Nancy Pelosi). She had an exorcism performed at her house after her husband was hit with a hammer so as to chase away the evil spirits. Now that is some serious batshit insane religious nuttery right there. I wonder if there was any projectile vomiting or 360 degree headspins going on?
Religious dumb fuckery is bad and the Catholics sure are good at it. Can you tell me why the conservatives on this board are turning a blind eye to the blatant Christofascism though? Pelosi’s silly ritual in her private residence doesn’t quite rise to the level of the GOP that are calling for effective theocracy with zero push back from there secular peers.

Okay, I’ll give you rep. Lee and raise you the Speaker of the House. She is one representative but look at what the GOP selects as leadership; Mike Johnson? Donald Trump? DeSantis appoints what to be the Florida surgeon general? How about Trump picks to run all of the executive agencies. Yeah, you will find a Democrat Rep that thinks Guam might tip over but at least they aren’t a bunch of Christianists and flat earthers from top to bottom.
And I'll raise you the previous Democrat Speaker of the House (Nancy Pelosi). She had an exorcism performed at her house after her husband was hit with a hammer so as to chase away the evil spirits. Now that is some serious batshit insane religious nuttery right there. I wonder if there was any projectile vomiting or 360 degree headspins going on?
It's not so unusual where I'm from (central California), often if there's been a murder or something violent in a house you'll hear about the local priest coming around not long after. Usually its Latino families that do this, but presumably Catholicism is the common thread, here. There aren't any spinning heads, just some sprinkled water and a prayer. You should be less quick to believe what you see on tv.

It sounds like the normal amount of religion to me? But I guess to an atheist all religion is insane.
Exactly.

The "normal" amount or religion is insane. Any amount of religion is insane. Religion is the antithesis of sanity.

As evidenced by people sprinkling magic water around to eliminate non-existent threats from their environment.

Exorcism is less rational than having your home sprayed for velociraptors. At least velociraptors were actually real at some point.

Looking at her educational background and considering her age, I’m gonna go with “misspoke”.
Political science and law? Not exactly the most intellectually rigorous of fields.

SLC has long been saying incredibly stupid things, including one related to the Moon.
- She asked if the Mars Pathfinder will be able to take a photo of the flag Neil Armstrong planted there.
- She claimed there were two Vietnams living side by side.
- She said US constitution was 400 years old.
- She claimed that AR15s shoot .50 caliber bullets and weigh as much as 10 moving boxes.

The first one was in 1997, so she can't blame a senior moment for her ignorance either.
Actually, the law is an extremely vigirous course of study. I know less about the rigors of political science as it’s not my thing at all.

It sounds like the normal amount of religion to me? But I guess to an atheist all religion is insane.
Sane but not rational in my view. Strictly rational atheists are neurodivergent from the norm and thus less sane than religious. What is nuts is the non religious conservative that completely ignore the Christian Nationalist aspirations of the GOP but that would complain about a silly but common religious ritual.

I know I'm late to the party, but this thread reads as though Whataboutism just met Moore-Coulter on a dating app.

It's not so unusual where I'm from (central California), often if there's been a murder or something violent in a house you'll hear about the local priest coming around not long after. Usually its Latino families that do this, but presumably Catholicism is the common thread, here. There aren't any spinning heads, just some sprinkled water and a prayer. You should be less quick to believe what you see on tv.
Really? Gosh, you mean the whole spinning heads, levitating beds and projectile vomiting of something resembling Andersen's pea soup didn't really happen? :oops:

<sigh> I feel like such a fool.

The gaffe would be more forgivable if it wasn't for the fact that she previously served as a member of the Science Committee and the Ranking Member on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in those meetings. Not sure whether I would have laughed or cried (assuming flies do those things).
It isn't a gaffe. It is an error. And the error can be forgivable because it isn't important and was said due to ignorance, not criminal intent. It was a particularly dumb thing to say.

I wish Americans on average were more knowledgeable on science, but they aren't.

Really? Gosh, you mean the whole spinning heads, levitating beds and projectile vomiting of something resembling Andersen's pea soup didn't really happen? :oops:

<sigh> I feel like such a fool.
You laugh, but if you met some of my students, you'd cry. One of them confused telepathy with teletherapy last week. I don't mean they just mispelled it, I mean conceptually, they heard me talking about teletherapy in lecture and apparently thought...

Lest anyone believe that GOP has a monopoly on idiocy and dumbfuckery, here's the latest from Sheila Jackson Lee, the village idiot from Houston.

Sheila Jackson Lee mocked for saying moon made 'mostly of gases,' claims she 'misspoke'
One really does have to wonder how such an incredibly stupid person could possibly pass her bar exam let alone get through law school. I thought you had to be halfway smart to be an attorney at law.

I would not want her to represent me at trial. For no other reason, you wouldn't want someone like that who could misspeak to the judge and cause further calamity.

Last edited:
Pi
Hmmm, another black woman. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. ;)
I guess it's only politically correct/woke to point out stupidity of white women on this forum?

Is it coincidence that your ilk predominately make fun of white politicians?

Oops. My bad. Yes, let's continue to contemplate this one lady, who is supposed to teach us something about Democrat "dumbfuckery," although it really teaches no such thing. It's a friggin anecdote.
How is it different than anecdotes about MTG or LB that you guys so revel in?

Why this whataboutism? Why is it so hard for you to admit that there are idiots on both sides of the aisle?

The gaffe would be more forgivable if it wasn't for the fact that she previously served as a member of the Science Committee and the Ranking Member on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee.
Indeed. They just throw anybody on those committees based on "seniority". Which isn't difficult to get if you are from an ultrasafe district like TX-18 (D+23).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom