• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democratic idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well, try to get atheists and progressives to follow your rules. Good luck. Oh, and Marjorie Taylor Greene is dumber than Ms. Lee. Dumb AF.
Don't bother to scold me.
I will anyway. There is already a thread about MTG. There is no need to derail this thread with your partisan whataboutism.

And I'll raise you the previous Democrat Speaker of the House (Nancy Pelosi). She had an exorcism performed at her house after her husband was hit with a hammer so as to chase away the evil spirits. Now that is some serious batshit insane religious nuttery right there.
Indeed. And thanks for being on topic. Some on here did not understand the assignment. :rolleyesa:
It's not so unusual where I'm from (central California), often if there's been a murder or something violent in a house you'll hear about the local priest coming around not long after. Usually its Latino families that do this, but presumably Catholicism is the common thread, here. There aren't any spinning heads, just some sprinkled water and a prayer. You should be less quick to believe what you see on tv.
Honestly, it would be more understandable if there were spinning heads and levitation. It's like Ghostbusters. In the movies, ghosts were real and there was clear evidence for their existence. Give me a proton pack and a trap over some holy water being sprinkled randomly to no apparent effect.

A moving box is supposed to have a weight? They're not remotely consistent!
The verbatim language she used was "as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving". I understood that to mean the kind of cardboard boxes you put all your stuff when you are moving house, as her intent was obviously to emphasize how heavy the AR15 supposedly is. Here's the relevant video:

She also clearly claimed that they shoot .50 cal bullets. Even the boom mic man is looking at her askance ...

Actually, the law is an extremely vigirous course of study. I know less about the rigors of political science as it’s not my thing at all.
It may be "vigirous" (whatever that means) but it is not that intellectually rigorous.
After all, Congress is lousy with lawyers, and we all know how unimpressive the average congresscritter is.

I know I'm late to the party, but this thread reads as though Whataboutism just met Moore-Coulter on a dating app.
Whataboutism is all on the left, bitching about Republicans as if they are the only ones with idiots in their ranks.

Yeah, well, try to get atheists and progressives to follow your rules. Good luck. Oh, and Marjorie Taylor Greene is dumber than Ms. Lee. Dumb AF.
Don't bother to scold me.
I will anyway. There is already a thread about MTG. There is no need to derail this thread with your partisan whataboutism.
Well, gee, big D, there you are on page 8 of 'GOP: the party of idiots', producing a litany of Kamala Harris positions that you say are stupid. Now, didn't you see that was a thread that was meant to focus on GOP shenanigans? Whatabout that?

It isn't a gaffe. It is an error. And the error can be forgivable because it isn't important and was said due to ignorance, not criminal intent. It was a particularly dumb thing to say.
It was a particularly dumb thing to say, and her excuse (that she meant the Sun) does not make any sense either. Here's the full quote.
Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) said:
A full moon is that complete, rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases, and that's why the question is why or how could we as humans live on the moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?
We have yet to know whether you can live on the moon. But I don't know about you, I want to be first in line to know how to live and to be able to survive on the moon — that's another planet which we're going to see shortly.
I wish Americans on average were more knowledgeable on science, but they aren't.
I blame the education system. Too much political meddling in the curriculum - from both sides.

Actually, the law is an extremely vigirous course of study. I know less about the rigors of political science as it’s not my thing at all.
It may be "vigirous" (whatever that means) but it is not that intellectually rigorous.
After all, Congress is lousy with lawyers, and we all know how unimpressive the average congresscritter is.
Actually it is very intellectually rigorous. One needs an extraordinarily good memory, good research andl rhetorical skills, good language skills and a very good grasp of logic.

I realize that engineer types think that engineering is the most rigorous discipline there is but boring as hell is not the same thing as rigorous.

I blame the education system. Too much political meddling in the curriculum - from both sides.
I find it very unlikely that people's ignorance of science (especially one of her age) is the result of political meddling in the curriculum (from any side). Do you have any support for that contention?

Utter nonsense. It may not be mathematically complex, but law can be very intellectually rigorous. Not only does it require excellent communication and reading skills, it requires the ability to finely parse distinctions and to draw logical or legal connections in order to make effective legal arguments .
It does not intellectual rigor to grasp the basic concept that the OP is a prime example of irony.

Ah Derec is still ranting about black people I see?
Should black people not be criticized? Is it only ok to say bad things about white people? That's quite racist on your part.
Your stock response whenever someone observes the lop-sidedness of your particular target (blacks, or women, or Muslims, or leftists, etc...) is "Should ______ (put int the target" not be criticized". It is particularly blatant straw man. In this case, no
no one even hinted that only white people should be criticized which makes your response epically ironic.

LOL, of course there is. But one side exceeds the other by an order of magnitude; or maybe two.
Do they? I don't think it's nowhere near that lopsided. Even if it was, it's still bad form to attack anyone who dares point out idiocy among Democratic lawmakers.

Actually it is very intellectually rigorous. One needs an extraordinarily good memory, good research andl rhetorical skills, good language skills and a very good grasp of logic.
It's mostly about rote memorization and bullshitting. The latter is probably why so many gravitate toward politics. And also why so many get into trouble making statements about anything real. Like the rocky (not gaseous) ball that briefly blocked the Sun on Monday.
I realize that engineer types think that engineering is the most rigorous discipline there is but boring as hell is not the same thing as rigorous.
Did I say that? There is rigor in many disciplines. Natural sciences for one. Math being another. Of course, engineering is nothing but applied science and math, so you would call that biased.
I do not hold the legal profession in very high regard. Too much self-dealing. Especially in the US, which is one of the most overlawyered countries in the world.

I find it very unlikely that people's ignorance of science (especially one of her age) is the result of political meddling in the curriculum (from any side). Do you have any support for that contention?
The claim was not that it was the cause of her ignorance, but of general ignorance in the population. This is what I was replying to:
I wish Americans on average were more knowledgeable on science, but they aren't.

That said, political meddling in education has been going on for decades. It has been accelerating recently.

Relevant to the "Democratic idiots" theme, the Democratic idiots running Seattle are ending the gifted and talented programs because too many kids who qualify are white and Asian.
Seattle Public Schools shuts down gifted and talented program for being oversaturated with white and Asian students
They are replacing them with "equity" based programs instead.

A moving box is supposed to have a weight? They're not remotely consistent!
The verbatim language she used was "as heavy as 10 boxes that you might be moving". I understood that to mean the kind of cardboard boxes you put all your stuff when you are moving house, as her intent was obviously to emphasize how heavy the AR15 supposedly is. Here's the relevant video:

She also clearly claimed that they shoot .50 cal bullets. Even the boom mic man is looking at her askance ...

I was criticizing her unit as not only wrong, but radically inconsistent. It's been a long time since we've moved but I do recall some pretty light boxes of clothing and some pretty heavy boxes of things like tools. If I rounded up every backpack in the house and tossed them in a box I'd have a hard time with it--because it was so big and awkward, not because it would be too heavy. On the flip side I have a toolbox of "wrenches" and a toolbox of "moving wrenches"--because putting them all in one box was unpleasantly heavy so I needed to come up with some clear division. "Moving" was close enough to even to use (anything which wasn't simply one piece of metal. Crescent wrenches, ratchets etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom