• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democrats 2020

Cuomo is surely a huge step up as compared to creepy, senile Joe or a gawd forbid, the crazy Bern. If the Dems are serious about securing victory in November, they could do a lot worse than Cuomo, if it isn't too late to endorse him.

But Angelo, don't you think that Biden will be better than sleazy, stupid as shit Trump?
Right now, a mop would be better. At least it has some use, and won't lie about how much water it soaked up.

Well, you're not a democrat! Democrats also care about ... better access to health care, better access to college ...

Really? I thought they favored government intervention in those instead.

I'm not sure of your point. Democrats favor government intervention when the private sector fails to deliver a critical service or good.

Well, you're not a democrat! Democrats also care about ... better access to health care, better access to college ...

I'm not sure of your point. Democrats favor government intervention when the private sector fails to deliver a critical service or good.

You seem to have forgotten - libbertards DEFINE "better" as "with less government participation". IOW when a person dies in a red state due to lack of medical care, that's a BETTER outcome than a recovery from the same illness or injury using government resources.

I think the only positive of the Covid-19 epidemic is that it is contracting the whole primary season. Unfortunate that we need to have thousands dying in order to stop the endless parade from hell that is the primary season.

Joe Biden age = 77, Bernie Sanders age = 78, Elizabeth Warren age = 70, Kamala Harris age = 55.

I like Elizabeth Warren also. In fact, earlier this year, I contributed to the campaigns of both BS and EW. I'm concerned about EW's age, though I don't find it as worrisome as BS's, or for that matter JB's.

I've seen rumors that the Democratic party leadership might want to replace JB with NY state governor Andrew Cuomo. He's 62 years old.
Cuomo is currently working on dealing with an epidemic that we'll be on the downside of (hopefully!) in June or July. After that, we start venturing out, hoping, the virus isn't around. But it likely will be... somewhere. So Cuomo will be too busy with Covid-19 II to run for election.

It really is too bad America (electoral college) elected Donald Trump to be President. It'd been nice if tens of thousands of Americans didn't needlessly die because the President is an asshole.

IOW when a person dies in a red state due to lack of medical care, that's a BETTER outcome than a recovery from the same illness or injury using government resources.

What an imagination you have.

Takes little imagination to follow libbertard pronouncements to their logical bad ending.

Government responsibility, not intervention. The uninterrupted flow of centralized services and critical rights is why we're willing to pay tax in the first place. If the private sector thinks it can out-compete public education and medical care, no Democrat has ever spoken against their right to try. Now most Democrats don't advocate for direct intervention in medicine and education to begin with, aside from increasing access to the services that the private sector provides through piss-ass tiny grants, subsidized loans, and minimal basic insurance. But even those with a more "radical" platform aren't talking about destroying for-profit colleges or private insurers, only denying them the ability to monopolize public access to critical services without supervision or accountability.

Government responsibility, not intervention. Getting centralized services back is why we're willing to pay tax in the first place.
Yeah, but
1) taxes are evil because they are collected at the point of a gun, and
2) the private sector always outperforms the public sector when both are capable of providing a good or service,
in libertarian "thought".

Of course, libertarian "thought" is incongruent with the reality of the world and it is also internally inconsistent. Taxes are evil because taxpayers may not necessarily agree with the payment and they are collected at the point of a gun. On the other hand, legal judgments arising from tort cases, are good even though the defendant may not agree with payment and it is collected at the point of a gun.

Government responsibility, not intervention. Getting centralized services back is why we're willing to pay tax in the first place.
Yeah, but
1) taxes are evil because they are collected at the point of a gun, and
2) the private sector always outperforms the public sector when both are capable of providing a good or service,
in libertarian "thought".

Of course, libertarian "thought" is incongruent with the reality of the world and it is also internally inconsistent. Taxes are evil because taxpayers may not necessarily agree with the payment and they are collected at the point of a gun. On the other hand, legal judgments arising from tort cases, are good even though the defendant may not agree with payment and it is collected at the point of a gun.

I see a lot more people pointing guns at tax collectors than the other way around, but admittedly, those aren't usually Democrats. In theory, you could be arrested for tax fraud and guns might then be involved if you refused arrest. But aren't Republicans usually the ones who say immediate street execution is the appropriate and laudable response to a citizen resisting arrest for any reason? Or is that just if you're a Black/Native/Arab/Mexican/"thug"?

If the private sector always outperforms the public sector, I don't see why the public sector is any sort of threat. Our public schools will simply go mostly out of business and be correspondingly much cheaper for taxpayers to boot, since all parents will prefer the superior service of for-profit kindergartens (and be able to afford them, since capitalism works for everybody, yo!). The Market will solve the problem without any need to resort to legislation. Like the national Postal Service, now barely existent and serving only the poorest segments of society, and consequently being run on what constitutes a shoestring budget compared to what it used to have. There was no need to dismantle the USPS, it simply failed to compete with the superior services of private shipping. Shouldn't the same thing happen to medicine even if there were a solid Democratic project to create a public option?

As an aside, I think this latest crisis has revealed just how much the average American has come to rely on the government for daily childcare expenses like food and toilet paper and so forth; having all the kiddos home early for the season is resulting in a severe economic, labor and distribution crisis. Don't worry, I'm sure private industry will rise up and find a solution through good old-fashioned profit-driven ingenuity.

Government responsibility, not intervention. The uninterrupted flow of centralized services and critical rights is why we're willing to pay tax in the first place. If the private sector thinks it can out-compete public education and medical care, no Democrat has ever spoken against their right to try. Now most Democrats don't advocate for direct intervention in medicine and education to begin with, aside from increasing access to the services that the private sector provides through piss-ass tiny grants, subsidized loans, and minimal basic insurance. But even those with a more "radical" platform aren't talking about destroying for-profit colleges or private insurers, only denying them the ability to monopolize public access to critical services without supervision or accountability.

A ham sandwich would more competent that the current government that we have.

A ham sandwich would more competent that the current government that we have.
This is very true. But the current government is not the result of Democratic planning as such.

Cuomo is surely a huge step up as compared to creepy, senile Joe or a gawd forbid, the crazy Bern. If the Dems are serious about securing victory in November, they could do a lot worse than Cuomo, if it isn't too late to endorse him.

But Angelo, don't you think that Biden will be better than sleazy, stupid as shit Trump?

Do you mean to tell me that out of 330 million inhabitants, a senile, hair sniffing, alleged pussy grabbing candidate is the best the Dems can produce to run against the Trump? At least Cuomo would be a much more competitive opponent.

I think the only positive of the Covid-19 epidemic is that it is contracting the whole primary season. Unfortunate that we need to have thousands dying in order to stop the endless parade from hell that is the primary season.

There is NO POSITIVE in a pandemic that threatens our very civilastation.

Do you mean to tell me that out of 330 million inhabitants, a senile, hair sniffing, alleged pussy grabbing candidate is the best the Dems can produce to run against the Trump? At least Cuomo would be a much more competitive opponent.

Clearly Biden has the most votes. Have you been watching the news? And I will vote for him over sleazy, slimy, stupid as shit Trump! (The name calling game if fun!)

You dodged the question. Are you sure you're not a politician?

Keywords provided by Trump camp: “senile” and “creepy.” Instructions from Fox News dissemination: Keep using the words “senile” and “creepy.” It does not matter what the argument actually is. Always refer to Biden as “senile” and “creepy.” Report back for your ritual buttfucking at end of day.

Keywords provided by Trump camp: “senile” and “creepy.” Instructions from Fox News dissemination: Keep using the words “senile” and “creepy.” It does not matter what the argument actually is. Always refer to Biden as “senile” and “creepy.” Report back for your ritual buttfucking at end of day.

Yea, but I understand totally. If you can't win based on the issues, name calling is all that you have.

Back
Top Bottom