• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dictatorship is neither left nor right

They are both miserably failed economies.

Capitalism is a failure in both.

The millions of people living in poverty in Mexico are no better than the people living in Haiti.

The lack of food and medicine has the same effects.

You are making no point.

The millions of people living in poverty in Mexico are no better than the people living in Haiti.

Actually, they are much better off than those in Haiti.

What you don't understand - actually, one of the many, many things you don't understand - is that except for the truly destitute poverty is a statistical construct.

In the US, first the statisticians find the median income, then anything under half that is considered in poverty and anything over twice that is considered wealthy. The poverty line is half the median income. Many people under the poverty line have food and medicine, because although when you hear the word "poverty" you think "living on the street, no food, etc", your reputation as a deep thinker is well enough known.

World wide it gets more complicated, but the essential function is still the same. Poverty doesn't mean "you have no food or medicine", it means "your income is below a certain statistically defined level."

So again, when you compare Mexico and Haiti, you are comparing shop-lifting to mass murder. One of those has more of what you think of when you use the word "poverty". It has much much more of it.

You are making no point because you don't even understand the point you think you are making.

Economic ignorance? Yes, that is what you're dealing with.

Yeah.

Somebody who has a problem with comparing Mexico to Mexico.

While less than 2% of Mexico's population lives below the international poverty line set by the World Bank, as of 2013, Mexico's government estimates that 33% of Mexico's population lives in moderate poverty and 9% lives in extreme poverty,[3] which leads to 42% of Mexico's total population living below the national poverty line.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_Mexico

It’s my understanding that Mexico and Mexico are very similar.🤔

It’s my understanding that Mexico and Mexico are very similar.🤔

Yes. That is you working at maximum capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, they are much better off than those in Haiti.

What you don't understand - actually, one of the many, many things you don't understand - is that except for the truly destitute poverty is a statistical construct.

In the US, first the statisticians find the median income, then anything under half that is considered in poverty and anything over twice that is considered wealthy. The poverty line is half the median income. Many people under the poverty line have food and medicine, because although when you hear the word "poverty" you think "living on the street, no food, etc", your reputation as a deep thinker is well enough known.

World wide it gets more complicated, but the essential function is still the same. Poverty doesn't mean "you have no food or medicine", it means "your income is below a certain statistically defined level."

So again, when you compare Mexico and Haiti, you are comparing shop-lifting to mass murder. One of those has more of what you think of when you use the word "poverty". It has much much more of it.

You are making no point because you don't even understand the point you think you are making.

Ask the person hungry if it feels better to be hungry in Mexico or Haiti.

What a bunch of shit!

I can understand why you want to change the subject.

When 42% are living in poverty your economy is a massive failure.

There are billionaires in Mexico, some very rich people. And millions living in poverty.

And economic freedom is about what rich people are allowed to do with their money.

Poisoning the people of Flint was considered great economic freedom. Rich fucks were allowed to do it. They had economic freedom.

You like the number so you assume it's honest.

The lack of food and medicine has the same effects.

You are making no point.

Poverty is not a binary state.

Is poverty the person who lives in a small apartment and cant afford tasty food?

Is poverty the family who lives on the street in Calcutta, whose kids follow the cows around to collect dung to use to cook dinner? Hint: Despite cows galore the streets were free of dung.

Is poverty the woman in Kampala who sneaked into our camp one evening apparently to get warmth from our fire? A tropical climate but with a bit of elevation and she had no clothes.

Is poverty the people in North Korea who have resorted to cannibalism of family members because there wasn't enough food?

Or since all these are "poverty" does that mean they're all the same?

(Admittedly, the two personal experience ones in this list are from decades ago.)

You are so privileged that you cannot tell the difference between someone who is hungry and someone who is starving.

As someone who has been in poverty more than once, I find your blindness appalling.

What a bunch of shit!

There are people hungry and people starving in both Mexico and Haiti.

People without medical care in Mexico and Haiti.

I know this for a fact.

You are so privileged that you cannot tell the difference between someone who is hungry and someone who is starving.

As someone who has been in poverty more than once, I find your blindness appalling.

What a bunch of shit!

There are people who are starving in ALL countries.

I know this for a fact.

You watched a documentary about it and wrote a paper about it.

Here's something else you don't know, but as someone who grew up poor and minority I know from personal experience. Those of us who are (or were) poor have nothing but contempt for the progressive do-gooder children of upper middle class parents who claim to speak on our behalf. You think you are impoverished because after mommy and daddy paid for your minority studies grievance studies degree you didn't walk into a high paying job. I know I was because I worked my ass off to get out of it, majored in a STEM field, got a job as an engineer, and paid off my student loans, and avoid debt like the plague. You can't get a luxury apartment on your burger flipper salary, I am paying a mortgage on a very modest home so I don't have to go in debt up to my eyeballs. You long for when mommy and daddy took care of everything for you, I never knew that because I knew we had limited food stamps.

Did you get a sports car on your 16th birthday? Poor you they only gave you a used economy car? You were so impoverished you didn't have the sports cars your friends had? Did you hate your parents for not also getting you a sports car?

You know a lot of theory, and it is all divorced from reality. Come to the ghetto and live there for a month you privileged middle-class know-it-all. You'll find reality is VERY different from all the theories you learned in minority grievance studies.

There are people who are starving in ALL countries.

I don't know about that but you're merely saying your position here is meaningless.

I know this for a fact.

You watched a documentary about it and wrote a paper about it.

Went down to Mexico as part of my physical therapy training.

They still have polio.

Saw many people who had no access to healthcare in Mexico.

This was just a tiny fraction of millions in severe poverty.

And saying things are worse in Haiti is not saying things are not horrifyingly bad in Mexico for a lot of people.

And the US insane drug war has made things much worse for many in Mexico.

Hard to be worse than dead.

They still have polio.

Proportionally as bad as Haiti? No.

Here's something else you don't know, but as someone who grew up poor and minority I know from personal experience. Those of us who are (or were) poor have nothing but contempt for the progressive do-gooder children of upper middle class parents who claim to speak on our behalf. You think you are impoverished because after mommy and daddy paid for your minority studies grievance studies degree you didn't walk into a high paying job. I know I was because I worked my ass off to get out of it, majored in a STEM field, got a job as an engineer, and paid off my student loans, and avoid debt like the plague. You can't get a luxury apartment on your burger flipper salary, I am paying a mortgage on a very modest home so I don't have to go in debt up to my eyeballs. You long for when mommy and daddy took care of everything for you, I never knew that because I knew we had limited food stamps.

Did you get a sports car on your 16th birthday? Poor you they only gave you a used economy car? You were so impoverished you didn't have the sports cars your friends had? Did you hate your parents for not also getting you a sports car?

You know a lot of theory, and it is all divorced from reality. Come to the ghetto and live there for a month you privileged middle-class know-it-all. You'll find reality is VERY different from all the theories you learned in minority grievance studies. You grew up with middle-class to upper-middle-class parents, you don't know jack about living in poverty.

They still have polio.

Proportionally as bad as Haiti? No...

A failed economy for millions? Yes!

Those of us who are (or were) poor have nothing but contempt for the progressive do-gooder children of upper middle class parents who claim to speak on our behalf.

Anarchism is about society.

Capitalism is about the individual. About allowing individuals to dictate over others at work.

You only need do gooders when you have capitalism.

Those of us who are (or were) poor have nothing but contempt for the progressive do-gooder children of upper middle class parents who claim to speak on our behalf.

Capitalism is about the individual. About allowing individuals to dictate over others at work.

It's about you trying to work off your guilt since you grew up more privileged than others, and about your envy that your parents only gave you a pre-owned car instead of a brand new sports car, and your frustration that you aren't hailed as the next leader of everything with your grievance studies degree and had to get a job that you feel is "beneath you." Greed and envy, envy and greed.

You know nothing about the people you want to speak for.

It's about you trying to work off your guilt since you grew up more privileged than others, and about your envy that your parents only gave you a pre-owned car instead of a brand new sports car, and your frustration that you aren't hailed as the next leader of everything with your grievance studies degree and had to get a job that you feel is "beneath you." Greed and envy, envy and greed.

All you know about me is I oppose dictatorship in the workplace.

What I know about you is you support these dictatorial structures and like to cry like a little girl.

And I don't have any guilt being one of 7 children raised by a mother with no father in US poverty.

All you know about me is I oppose dictatorship in the workplace.

And I know your motive - envy and greed.

What I know about you is you support these dictatorial structures and like to cry like a little girl.

Because I dare ask you questions, only those who love dictatorship ask you questions.

And I don't have any guilt being one of 7 children raised by a mother with no father in US poverty.

Then you know why people who grew up poor and minority have contempt for the progressive children of upper middle-class parents. You act like one of them ... one would think you know why they are wrong but you apparently decided to become one of them.

I judge people on their character not how much money their parents had.

And support of dictatorship in the workplace shows bad character.

I judge people on their character not how much money their parents had.

And support of dictatorship in the workplace shows bad character.

And anyone who dares ask you questions reveals they support dictatorship, because only people who support dictatorship dare ask you questions. It is a direct proof and an equivalence.

"Dares to ask untermensche for elaboration or explanation" == "loves dictatorship"
"Dares to point out when untermensche contradicts himself" == "loves dictatorship"
"Dares to use facts untermensche doesn't like" == "loves dictatorship"
"Dares to point out when untermensche is inconsistent" == "loves dictatorship"

Back
Top Bottom