• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Does absolute truth exist?

Yes you do. You may not be aware of it, but you clearly attribute existence to the thing-in-itself.

I was objecting to the remark "out there" - what exists does not exist 'out there'
Agreed.

Here you again refer to existence as a property of the thing-in-itself.
"Existence" is part of the human experince of the world. Not the real world. It is a human category.
It is just another way of expressing "it is so".

In that way "existence is absolute" is a tautology.

'Existence' refers to the state or status of an object. The object has its own properties and attributes.
:confused:
So the state of the object is not a property of the object?

Yes, it does.

Either absolute truth exists, in which case it is an absolute truth to say that there is absolute truth or absolute truth does not exist, in which case it's an absolute truth to say that it does not.

For some people it does exist. You are one of these people.
For other people it does not exist. I am one of those people.

:confused:
So the state of the object is not a property of the object?

I think 'Properties' refers to descriptions of the features and attributes of an object. State or status is probably more a reference to condition. A certain character - Captain Sparrow, Captain America, Thor, or object - the Starship Enterprise, the Tardis... may have a well described set of features and attributes, but their status is defined as being works of fiction. Their state being works of fiction, non existent people and objects, constructs of imagination, brought to 'life,' but not actual existence by actors and sets.

Last edited:
Aspects of zero{ 0 } mind/intellect aka metaphysical-3 as abstract concepts are as complementary existence to all properties of occupied space.

Aspects of zero{ 0 } non-occupied space aka metaphysical-2 is that it embraces and complements occupied space, and allows for properties of expansion-contraction of occupied space manifest ex example-contraction.

Properties of one{ 1 } occupied space are numerous ex spin, charge, mass, temperature, color, and then there is their six fundamental motion properties of;

spin,

expand-contract,

precession,

orbit,

torque,

inside-out.

rrr6---Non-counting zero and counting one---- or other numerical counting values ---are symbols or identifiers, or representatives thereof.

Zero{ 0 } existence = nothing aka no 3D thing{ properties } to occupy space

One{ 1 }existence = something aka a 3D thing{ properties } that occupies space

These appear to be absolute truths, only if time/frequency/motion is considered inherent to 3D things{ properties }.

However, their relative to each other and exclude the 2nd kind zero{ 0 } existence.

The truth is out there, for those with sincere desire to find truth, and some effort. imho

Some or all of the above is clarified in my cosmic heirarchy.

Also want to make clear, that, time is specical-case of within a larger set of properties ergo physical/reality.

Time is our special-case temporal property whereas spin or expansion-contraction are more distinct properties, that, and Ive not yet arrive with the correct terminologies to make that distinction other than the word temporal.

r6

Aspects of zero{ 0 } mind/intellect aka metaphysical-3 as abstract concepts are as complementary existence to all properties of occupied space.

Aspects of zero{ 0 } non-occupied space aka metaphysical-2 is that it embraces and complements occupied space, and allows for properties of expansion-contraction of occupied space manifest ex example-contraction.

Properties of one{ 1 } occupied space are numerous ex spin, charge, mass, temperature, color, and then there is their six fundamental motion properties of;

spin,

expand-contract,

precession,

orbit,

torque,

inside-out.

rrr6---Non-counting zero and counting one---- or other numerical counting values ---are symbols or identifiers, or representatives thereof.

Zero{ 0 } existence = nothing aka no 3D thing{ properties } to occupy space

One{ 1 }existence = something aka a 3D thing{ properties } that occupies space

These appear to be absolute truths, only if time/frequency/motion is considered inherent to 3D things{ properties }.

However, their relative to each other and exclude the 2nd kind zero{ 0 } existence.

The truth is out there, for those with sincere desire to find truth, and some effort. imho

Some or all of the above is clarified in my cosmic heirarchy.

Also want to make clear, that, time is specical-case of within a larger set of properties ergo physical/reality.

Time is our special-case temporal property whereas spin or expansion-contraction are more distinct properties, that, and Ive not yet arrive with the correct terminologies to make that distinction other than the word temporal.

r6

In of the because won't let you go to the point.

The fact I can get it right away with the new version is better to be the first half of the day.

Generally the best of the year and the rest of the before.

The pies. The pies.

If ego-bubble-brain-syndrome is best society has to offfer humanity, humanity as a species has no chance of survival.

What a sad :--( lack of moral and intellectual to offer humanity.

spin,

expand-contract,

precession,

orbit,

torque,

inside-out.

What is the truthiness ratio of absolute truth? Is it like absolute zero, we are going beyond it?

I think it is like the speed of light, you can approach it but never reach it, as there is not enough truthiness in the entire universe. :p

@Speakpigeon, you do realize what you profess is not true in all contexts right?
I know of only one context so it seems good to me that what I say should be true in it.

But maybe you could help me by giving me the list of all the contexts?
EB

I'm not sure how existence could be conceived of as relative. We may be mistaken when we believe that the universe exists for example but if it exists then its existence is absolute. If it does not exist then its existence does not exist either and so cannot be said to be relative (or not absolute).

Of course the notion of existence might be regarded as somehow meaningless or without a referent but that would be a different issue.

Finally, that human beings conceive of the existence of things does not make the existence of these things somehow dependent on us, or relative to our own existence, or non-absolute.
EB

Absolute and Relative Truths Both Exist--No Brainer--imho

Our finite, occupied space Universe, has no reference, except to some part of itself. Ex gravity to the whole.

Any entity that has access to complex mind, may be the only way Universe is referenced if only via metaphysical-1, mind/intellect as an abstract concept.

All of the following is referenced to my development of great toridal tube, ergo 4 great circles depicted via a horizontal{ birds-eye-view} bisection of a torus, that, has cental tube within that appears to be non-occupied space. It is very strange concept and still exploring to see if this seems feasible phenomena of geometrically dynamic aspect of fermions and bosons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outer, convex, positive shaped gravity surface is contractive occupied space
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Inside, outer-time-sine-wave connection to outer gravity may expand and contract
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..non-occupied space within, or between{ as I intended}, the given above and below, occupied space..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside, inner-time-sine-wave connection to inner gravity/reality may expand and contract.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Inner, concave, negative shaped gravity/reality surface is expansive occupied space
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

r6

I'm not sure how existence could be conceived of as relative. We may be mistaken when we believe that the universe exists for example but if it exists then its existence is absolute. If it does not exist then its existence does not exist either and so cannot be said to be relative (or not absolute).

Of course the notion of existence might be regarded as somehow meaningless or without a referent but that would be a different issue.

Finally, that human beings conceive of the existence of things does not make the existence of these things somehow dependent on us, or relative to our own existence, or non-absolute.
EB
I see a lot of typing and not one absolute truth, try harder.
It is my contention that absolute truth does not exist, a truth that exists in all contexts doesn't exist.. need only one context where absolute truth is not true to illustrate absolute truth doesn't exist.
I propose that absolute truth doesn't exist in all contexts especially where absolute truth is false.
you can continue to fumble around if you want.

Mathematical Truths Absolute ergo Etenrally Inviolate

Pi is a transcendental number is an absolute truth.

The list of mathematically absolute truths goes on and on and on.

Mathematical truths eternally exist ergo absolute.

r6

The sum of the angles, of a Euclidean triangle, is eternally 180 degrees, when the base unity is 360 degees.

The sum of the angles, of a positive( Riemann } triangles is eternally more than 180 degrees, when base unity is 360 degrees.

The sum of the angles, of a negative( Lobveskian? } triangle, is eternally less than 180 degrees, when base unity is 360 degrees.

Still waiting for Max Tegmark to address this, tho obviously will affirm these absolute truths to his list. Thx Max

Someone mentioned goemetry and here is a perfect example of Universal absolute truth existing as metaphysical-1 concept that is complementary to any context of our finite, occupied space Universe.

Ex there exists, only metaphysical-1 mind/intellect, 5 only 5 regular/symmetrical, polyhedra, that, may manifest as an occupied space.

1} icosa{20}hedron--- stably structural system,
2} octa{8}hedron--stably structural system,
3} tetra{4}hedron---stably structural system,
------------------------------------------------
4} pentagonal-dodeca{12}hedron--non-stable ergo non-structural system,
5} cube aka regular hexa{6}hedron---non-stabel ergo non-structural system.
Thank you Max Tegmark for your confirmation thereof.
r6

EB

It is obvious that you have no clue what existence means.

The list of mathematically absolute truths goes on and on and on.
not when Pi is false, and that is in a context where Pi is false therefore Pi is not an absolute truth because absolute truth is a truth that is true in all contexts yet Pi is false in at least one context.
all mathematical truths aren't true in a context where all mathematical truths are false... on and on...

Interesting. How does your proof of this look like?

Reads like this, ratio of circumference of a circle to the diameter of a perfect circle is tracendental Pi.

Pi looks like this 3.145..........

The sum of the angles, of a Euclidean triangle, is eternally 180 degrees, when the base unity is 360 degees.

The sum of the angles, of a positive( Riemann } triangles is eternally more than 180 degrees, when base unity is 360 degrees.

The sum of the angles, of a negative( Lobveskian? } triangle, is eternally less than 180 degrees, when base unity is 360 degrees.

Still waiting for Max Tegmark to address this, tho obviously will affirm these absolute truths to his list. Thx Max

Someone mentioned goemetry and here is a perfect example of Universal absolute truth existing as metaphysical-1 concept that is complementary to any context of our finite, occupied space Universe.

Ex there exists, only metaphysical-1 mind/intellect, 5 only 5 regular/symmetrical, polyhedra, that, may manifest as an occupied space.

r6

Interesting. How does your proof of this look like?

Reads like this, ratio of circumference of a circle to the diameter of a perfect circle is tracendental Pi.

Pi looks like this 3.145..........

r6
and thus all this^ is rendered false in a context where it is in it's sum or part is false therefore not absolute truth.
colorful, and poetic but rrr6 it is fiction dreamed up by you maybe in part or whole but still fiction.

Back
Top Bottom